HUGE FPS Drop after GU6

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by HerbertKnivez, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Vargas78

Performance wise its running well on mine. As well as it ever has for my mid spec machine.

core2quad 2.8ghz
    ati 6850
    4 gig ram
    win7

All settings at medium and with shadows set to low. 1680x1050 res
  2. TheHalo1Pistol

LOL 30 FPS is unplayable??? GIMME A BREAK.
  3. Aircrafter991

i don't understand any fps flame. i have a really bad computer and get stable 50 fps in every situation. sometimes i drop to 40 tho. here my specs:

amd phenom x4 945
    sapphire hd 6850 gddr5
    8 gig corsair vengance

so.. i don't know man. there are only 3 reasons for that:

1) too many people are ******** about their fps

2) people can't configure their own settings and are too lazy to test it out

3) your computer is a trash bin with so many trash on it, that even my litter service wouldn't take it.
  4. Sarendalar

Only thing that has changed is their patch. All my other software works perfectly. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they broke something on some machines ;P

and 4) They broke something in the last patch making old setting unplayable

Intel 3.0 ghz WinXP, 3.25GB RAM, 1GB Nvidia
    • Up x 1
  5. McToast

Moin

It's really odd with this game. I play with an Intel Core2Duo E6750@3,2GHz, Geforce 450GTS and 4 GB 800MHz RAM and my average FPS differ a lot from patch to patch. I play with everything on low/very low/, Shadows=Off, Flora=Off, Renderdistance 850 and for me at least GU6 brought back some of the FPS the last patches took away. I'm considering to increase the renderdistance again while playing on Esamir or Amerish. I have 60 fps in the warpgate, 40-50 while flying around solo, ~40 in small fights and down to 20 fps in large battles. Usually my fps don't drop below 20, keeping it at least barely playable all the time, if you don't consider those huge fps drops/freezes from time to time. Those stutterers are what really annoys me, sometimes I get none for a whole evening, sometimes they happen every 1-2 minutes. I've had them since GU02 or GU03, can't remember exactly and they led to some ragequits recently. I wonder how many pilots thought I'd suicided to rob them their XP when I actually crashed into a mountain because of those freezes.

Grüße,
    regards,
    the Toast
  6. ThaPhreak

lol this is a argument of the have and have not's, yea my computer isn't bleeding edge, but even if it was i would post about a loss, how about you people trolling the people who are posting loss's actually use the thread for what it's for, post your fps, your rig specs and your experience.

this whole 'you have a crap system' is the problem! it does nothing but show you are an ***.

if you have an i7 an i5 an oc'd dual core and you experience fps loss, then it's not you. it's the game engine.

in total since gu2? i've lost over 70 fps in general. used to max fps in warpgate now i'm lucky to see 70.

i get 30-40 fps while flying, 50-65 in wg, 8-15 in big battles. now you wanna say omg don't complain over 5 or 10 fps. why not? GU3 5-10 loss GU4 5-10 loss GU5 5-10 loss GU6 5-10 loss that's 20-40 fps, pretty much half or in some cases all of what the people with "minimum specs" got to begin with.

Custom win7
    E7400 oc'd 3ghz
    4gb - perfect timing teehee
    gts450/gts250 max safe oc

Since GU6 i've noticed more bugs than ever, fps is pretty much unchanged for me except i get a 0 fps drop like 3 times playing last night and go figure it was near a tech plant. we will see if they break it more or fix it.

My two pence.

Phreak
    • Up x 1
  7. Agrovlad

got FPS drop too
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2700K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
    8192MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 4045 MB
  8. GimpyGotcha

Strange my fps went UP a good 20. You sure it isn't cause of old drivers. I've recently updated my drivers too, nvidia has new ones out.

Using o.c. i7 3.8ghz / gtx 580 / 12 gigs ram

*Edit* Ok after reading back through your guys systems no F'in wonder you're having problems... WinXp with 3gigs of a ram?! A dual core?! You cannot possibly expect to continue running this game with that sort of hardware as they are finally making the game look Decent graphically.
  9. ThaPhreak

Really? other new games i can run full bore or at the very least all high settings and get 60+ fps
  10. lilleAllan

Just my luck that the two only current games to interest me on pc, Planetside 2 and NFS: Most Wanted, runs like crap. Sometimes I wonder if it's even worth it . maybe I should find another hobby instead.
  11. GimpyGotcha

Other new games are console ports... this isn't...
    • Up x 1
  12. Scorch Draken

Strange, mine seemed to actually improve
  13. Xstream

Since the latest update my fps drops from 90 to 20 if im near a Base if im flying or fighting 100 meters away from a base even if there is a big battle my fps don't drop under 50 fps on ultra but these drops near a base are rly annoying
  14. Stinneyt

No but I've found that switching publishers helps.
    You are asking for trouble when you play games by EA and SOE.

After SOE completely ****** up many games but Star Wars Galaxies affected me especially, I tip toed into Planetside 2, and kept a foot out the door this whole time.
    I've had good fun with this game, but SOE have a looooooooooong history of ******* games up and not correcting it later. So whilst I play, I keep in mind that this fun is not going to last forever.
  15. microetx

Got HUGE FPS drop from solid 40+ at warpgate and 25+ at intensive close-range fights to single digits in boths cases (even at warpgate!).

(As a matter of fact, for me it isnt exactly "FPS drop", i'd rather say that it's some kind of multiple short lags per second. And yes, whatever you call it it its completely unplayable.)

I really wonder if developers test their updates before deploying - it's hard to believe they simply could not see such a strong performance problem during tests.

Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83 GHz / Rageon HD 4850 / 8 Gigs RAM / WinWP SP3 / 1920 x 1200 / all in-game graphics setting low except render quality (I keep it at 100%)
  16. lilleAllan

I know. But EA unfortunately owns Criterion and the alternative to Planetside is Battlefield - also owned by EA. There's no place for me to go :(
  17. SlothCommander

One thing I still don't understand is what kind of sorcery are you people using that you manage to run this poorly optimized game on anything beyond low.
    My PC might not be the best thing out there but it surely is a lot better than anything built on an E series processor yet still i struggle sometimes even while having everything on LOW!
    System specs are
    i3 3220
    ATI 7850 1GB
    8gigs of ram
  18. HerbertKnivez

Try 15....
  19. Xstream

Could be because you only have 1 Gig Vram
  20. TheHalo1Pistol

Thats what I play with all day erreday.