UnNerf Max Clip Ammo size

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Hordak, Apr 3, 2013.

1. The Jiggler

Intentionally provacative - Check
    Sarcasm - Check
    Rhetorical question - Check
    Insulting - Check

Must be a troll then. But to confirm your suspicion i play max alot and the nerf wasn't really a big deal as far as i'm concerned. It still does exactly the same job with team support. And when solo it still has the ability to **** a handful of infantry and then charge away to reload. Slower rate of fire actually made me more accurate at range.

It doesn't actually feel ridiculously overpowered anymore. You know... like the magrider was before it got nerf batted!

Why is it that the whiniest race (VS) believe that they don't forum QQ. It's always VS tears that flood this forum. I'll take the NC max nerf and be happy that we're getting a overshield in the max class update. And you'll probably QQ again.
  2. Flag

True, from time to time.

I usually don't frequent the forums, so if VS are the major whiners, I wouldn't know.
    That aside, the issue I had with the NC MAX was how front loaded the damage was.
    I can't say much for how it is post-patch, EU servers are down(logged on just in time for the 15 min notice).
    In any case, the way it was nerfed/changed wasn't ideal.

I previously linked to another thread where a suggestion was made to alter the front loaded nature of the scatter cannons, which I personally believe is how it should be changed.
    From what I can see with the altered numbers for the NC MAX, the problem is still there. Maybe not -as- bad as before, but the damage is very front loaded by design. Which I don't like.
    As per the thread with the suggestion, changing it to something akin to the pump action shotguns would be the way to go.
    - Each shot would still be dangerous to normal infantry
    - More sustained damage/longer between reloads
    - Not as front loaded on damage/inability to wreck the TR/VS max in >1 second.

Would you have the scatter cannons as they are today, or if they worked according to Killy Wonka's suggestion?

Since the link is on the previous page, here it is again:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/wrong-design-choices-with-scatmax.112311/
    • Up x 1
  3. nightbird

I run an NC MAX, my preferred change would have been to reduce the number of pellets fired from 6 to 3 50% DPS nerf, and double the clip size, and remove slug (MAX shotgun has 3 barrels), plus tighten up the COF. This mean 50% less DPS in exchange for better performance at 20-30 meters and same damage per clip but far lower overall DPS.

I don't mind the current change since the burstiness at point blank hasn't changed one bit, but I suspect the crying will continue and more nerfs will come.
    • Up x 1
  4. The Jiggler

I'd still use my max the same way.

Because of the nature of the burst damage and low magazine size it has always been necessary to jog up to your targets, unload and sprint away with the cooldown ability (if you didn't get all of them). Peeking corners is the other way of playing NC max. Pretty much nothing has changed here in this update and i don't think those proposed changes (Killy Wonka's) would make a difference either. The time to kill is so low vs regular infantry that they're not going to be able to take much of your health unless you're caught reloading - in which case the max should use the cooldown to ****.

Not really sure which i would prefer. It's kinda all the same to me really. There isn't anything they can do to reduce the effectiveness without making it underpowered unless they avoid shotguns. It's the nature of a shotgun! Like you said; front loaded damage or burst damage. Call it what you will but the NC max will still calmly jog up to the enemies face, turn them to jelly and then sprint away loling.

People made the comparison to other maxes. But that's not why they QQ for the nerf - they QQ for the nerf cos running into a NC max was a death sentence. It still is and it always will be as long as they dual weild shotguns. And i have a PSA for those who think they're safe vs NC max in a TR or VS max. After we run out of ammo - if you're still alive - it'll take one punch. The TTK is still going to be alot lower in CQC with shotgun burst damage. And running out of ammo sooner leaves us with one option. Max punch!

The guy posting above me knows whats up. Balance would be like this;
  5. TheHalo1Pistol

Me at the OP:
    No. Just no.
  6. Anonynonymous

That does next to nothing as all the default fire rate of scatterguns got nerfed.
  7. Eric Smith

If you're that close then Max Punch him to finish him off. Hell, the other day when I was playing my Hacky Max I wiped out 6 guys on a single clip (dual Hacky, no extended mags) - three with well placed shots and 3 with my Max Punch. THAT they didn't expect.
  8. Purg

Fair call but I'm rarely ever that close to an enemy MAX as it is - well, I guess I'm rarely that close because they're usually dead.. :p

I find the MAX punch very unreliable. I've got ~30 kills with it last time I checked when I used to get caught out with Bursters before they could kill enemy and you had no other choice. They seem to suffer the same issues when an enemy gets close enough that you get the no damage bug - regardless of what range you put between yourself and them, your weapons will do no damage. Same thing happens with MAX punch, only, you're more likely to see that bug since you have to get close to employ.
  9. xboxerdude

refund certs for people how put certs into it