EU servers locked (external players)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Deathappens, Apr 3, 2013.

1. TintaBux

dreadful and painful service really during prime time, and putting it back when everyone is asleep :(
  2. Gayspider

this has been absolutely terrible in terms of communication, i literally sat around for a few hours and all i get is 'servers will be back up some time in the future guys!'

and this is said at ******* midnight.........
  3. Scarador

well ... when i deploy something and it dont works, i will redeply my backup (which i took before the deployment) immediatly... thats the way IT is working ... just in case, u dont want to get u customer angry
    • Up x 3
  4. OrnluWolfjarl

It's a US game? So what? Last I checked, I pay as much as a US customer and deserve to be treated equally. Because it's a US game they are entitled to treating non-US customers as second class customers? Then they shouldn't try to expand outside the US. Would you accept it if our situations were reversed? Would you "learn to live with it or quit and play something else"?

Not primetime in the US? It's never prime time in the US when they decide to lock servers and work on them. For once, I'd like to see some American players stating their anger in the forums for being locked out of their game.

Their own working hours? Last I checked, game companies don't close down servers and work on them indefinetely. They actually work on a patch for a month or however long it takes them, and then go in the game forums and state: "Hey in 2 weeks we are gonna be closing the servers from this time to this time, be prepared" and then close the servers and do what the **** they want. When the patch was implemented, the game run just fine, therefore the problem they encountered was secondary at best and certainly not game-braking. They could work on it without shutting down all EU servers, and when they come up with a solution and created the code for it, they could just shut them down for 10 minutes and implement the changes. Or at least, if you really need to shut down servers, shut down ALL servers, so you don't create a segment of your customers that feels cheated, especially in a game where the customers don't pay a sum of money only once and then own the game forever, but pay by the minute and by the hour.

Then there's everyone who's been waiting to play the game. People come from work or school and want to relax a bit, and find out it's impossible to do it the way they wanted. You could say "play another game, or read a book or go for a walk" and those would be equally enjoyable, but most players say "ok im going home to play planetside, or read a book or do whatever". You anticipate it, you wait for it and feel rejoice when the time comes. And when you find out you can't do it, you are disappointed and nothing else you'll do to relax will be as enjoyable as what you have planned, because simply, that's what you wanted to do today, and can't do it.

So yeah, have some consideration for us. If you want to defend SOE or be the voice of reason or whatever do it. Don't be an ******* about it by saying stupid stuff like "it's a US game, learn to live with it or quit it". It's always insulting when people try to use this kind of argument. If you ever encounter a similar problem from any game, and I hope it doesn't happen to you, then try to see if that argument makes you feel better, or angrier...
    • Up x 13
  5. TintaBux

+1 Even worse when EU has the most PS2 players...
    • Up x 3
  6. Delain81

Hey! You guys know what this smells like? No idea? YES! Double XP Weekend where no one can play! Weeeeeeee! I'm down for that!
    G'night.
  7. Ealhdun

SWTOR once did a fix during US prime a month or so after release. It was rather amusing and sad at the same time. It was EU outrage squared, and the most vocal were those that would otherwise tell European players to shut up when they complained.

In fact I think this experiment should be repeated in Planetside 2 to see if FPS gamers would yield the same result :D
  8. TintaBux

Miller is back.
  9. Zareva

Wow ... EU servers up at 03:00 am CEST, nice job SOE. :rolleyes: Keep going so crappy, dev team and com team.
  10. Arkha3

Was not able to login before the post-GU launch, now I can after the maint. What's the big deal? It's not like maintenance is done just to piss you guys off.

It seems no matter what the people behind the scenes cant get a break.
    Over here, people are complaining that the game is unplayable or is entirely bugged
    On the other side, people are whining that the servers are down for a couple hours to fix said bugs.

Are you all just a bunch of crybabies or what?

(As far as I'm aware boosts do not count down when servers are down.)
  11. TintaBux

:rolleyes:
  12. Deathappens

yay, the servers are online again, too bad i'm falling asleep, but thanks for the effort anyway, hope it lasts!
  13. maxxlight

nope, iamsalvation is right, sony is international so they can think about to patch servers at regional nighttime. cant imaging thats impossible. when you pay for a product such me and many other players you can expect that the vendor is bit "customerfriendly".
    sorry for my english (again...)
  14. Sebastaroth

To whomever said this is a US game;
    If that's the case, why are there separate EU servers (which are physically in the EU) and why am I paying for this in Euro's (rather than dollars which would be cheaper with current exchange rates)? :) Also, this: http://www.planetside2.eu/ (notice the TLD ".eu"?)

Sorry to break it to you, it's not a US game. :)

P.S. I still love the game, but hate losing what is effectively an entire day. I have to work during the day and go to bed at a normal time because of it, so there is no option to play in the morning/early afternoon/after midnight for me. :/
  15. Scorponok

oh yes you obviously got me there lol...holy crap..continue to live in your bobble :)
  16. ShotMeTender

Glad u like my pictures, sometimes i really take a couple of minutes on photophiltre and enjoy this kind of works XD.... Anyway, i didn't mean bullet drop, that's the same for every faction, rather of that i meant RoF/Damage and sometimes accuracy. Tried out basic weapons for light assault and sniper, the only thing i said was: W T F!!! It's like shooting people with .50 barret even if u are using a pdw weapon (hailstorm is something unspeakable).