[Suggestion] FIX HEAVY SOLDIER SPECIAL WEAPONS - NOW

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by MasterTater, Apr 3, 2013.

1. MasterTater

Yea I know - there had been tons of threads about this topic BUT NONE resulted in a proper adjustment or rework of the Empire Specific Heavy Weapons by SOE Dev Team.

MY Experience and Suggestion to improve the THE VANU LASHER:

Everyone which uses the lasher knows that it is completely useless weapon for 90% of firefights while in those remeaining 10% it leads to a weapon lock for the user after 10 minutes. The Design and mechanic of the lasher completely lacks creativity, which can clearly be reflected in the fact that the Lasher had to be completely revamped in BETA and was turned into a completely useless and underpowered weapon which hurts own stats and game performance more than it helps as soon as grief points get introduced.

The current Bubbles Firemode is BY FAR too situational, with too little dmg and a by far too low Rate of Fire. Using the Lasher is leaving you bloody dead as soon as someone comes into close combat - cause the splash dmg from the lasher together with the enemy fire will kill you faster than you can kill any enemy.

A proper solution would be to add a secondary firemode which turns the Lasher into a continous laserbeam for close combat similar to the LASHER Version in the Beta. So we have a certable solution for close combat - which would also reflect the theme of flexibility of the Vanu faction.

As the Art department at SOE does such a lousy job in creating attractive or at least diversified weapon designs and mechanics - HERE A CREATIVE APPROACH FOR A SECONDARY FIREMODE ON THE LASHER (Even the sound is more attractive than our current laser pewpew/poopoo):

----
    SIDENOTE: Actually this is how I thought the Lancer would perform before I got disillusion by its in battle performance.
    ----

(Suggestions for TR Chaingun improvements and NC Jackhammer improvements are also welcome.)
  2. Nyscha

The lasher is fine.... It's the only gun I use on my HA now...
    You need to spend days with training with it..
    With one concussion grenade thrown I can solo an entire squad with it...
    And its the best gun against a max.
    • Up x 3
  3. Mesdupkilr

Have you ever considered that you are the problem and not the game?
  4. MasterTater

Hi Nyscha . Well after you trained for days you made one lucky encounter and killed a few wounded guys. WOW which would reflect what I said about the 10%. Alright.

The Lasher atm is a pure top down weapon and kills more of your own people and yourself than it kills enemies in 90% of fights.

I dont care about your 2 weeks of training and one time event.

I know that you are fkn bored cause SOE fked up the EU servers again and you can not play - BUT hoping into this thread and trying to disqualify valid statements with hot air just makes you llook like:

5. RasFW

As a Lasher Auraxium Medal holder (which you will not care about) and about a months worth experience in Lasher usage, I feel the need to post here and inform you that you are doing it wrong. Also, the lasher is actually the only unique weapon in the game. Everything else has a clone, but the lasher does not. Excluding the obvious AV weapons.

The Lasher is an amazing weapon when used correctly. There are 4 things you need to know:

1) Land the orbs. This is vital to any combat scenario. If you don't land the orbs, you lose. Just like any other gun.
    2) Do NOT engage in CQC. You will lose for the exact reason you stated. You will be damaging yourself as well as the enemy.
    3) The splash damage from the orbs should ONLY be used to kill a retreating enemy who has hidden around a corner, or to engage a target around a corner. You can start dealing damage before they can and every edge helps immensely. When they come in sight, you need to snap to the torso area and pump them full of disco balls.
    4) Never ever ever ever aim down sights. You'll see no accuracy increase and this will decrease the rate at which you can maneuver and strafe. Oh, and strafe a lot. Throw some crouches in there for good measure/COF control.

The Lasher is the ONLY gun I run with on my HA for ALL ranges of fighting. Even long range, the lasher can hit targets and kill them solely on splash damage. I've destroyed snipers, HAs, MANA turrets, anything at range. The old beam weapon had a hard stop at 15-20m damage, which made it a seriously useless weapon.
    • Up x 5
  6. MasterTater

Dude dont get me wrong - I do exactly what you do - but this weapon is still useless in 90% of firefights and causing more weaponlock than playtime - mostly also due to teammates running into your slow moving orb shots or running through you causing explosion to everyone around you. Your post is also controversial - you say 2) Do NOT engage in CQC and in the next line you state that the Lasher is the only weapon you use on the heavy and it is good on all ranges. Not very valid -right?

Its a situational weapon and useless in 90% of situations. Thats why I proposed a CQC firemode for it. Nothing more.

TY for the contribution - but the content is nothing new - I had to smile at the part where you fervently stated that you actually have to hit with the bullets. Ty for the hint anyway.

Still I would like to know what you think about the VANU flexibility theme and my proposal for a secondary firemode (there is even a button for that).

TY
  7. SgtScum

Apparently you don't as you are not getting the same results.

So, LRN2LASHER..
  8. Jaes

As a strictly NC player, I usually laugh at a Lasher user... Until I find out that they're actually experienced with it and do my best to avoid where that user is unless I've got a few of my buddies with me.
  9. RasFW

I had to state that, because theres a lot of VS who run around and say "yeah just point it at the doorway and get a lot of assists. that's the best way to use it." WHICH IS WRONG. VERY WRONG. Hell, yesterday I got better advice from a Honda dealer that suggested "every time I change my brake pads, I should change my rotors, too."
    If anyone reads my posts then logs into the game and sees someone say something like this, inform them that RasFW SAYS THEY'RE WRONG and they should leave the VS Empire immediately.

I'm not sure the secondary fire mode is necessary. I personally couldn't see myself using it, because in Beta, the Ghostbuster Gun --- I mean Lasher --- did damage yourself. And the beam actually wasn't a constant fire weapon, it had "bullets" in it. The beam was just a cosmetic oo pretty beam. I 100% and undoubtedly support the change to orbs.

If somehow you're suggesting the Lasher Beam mode doesn't damage the user, then I think that would be put to better use on the orbs. Then I don't have to push B to swap fire modes to the beam, I can shoot the guy with orbs without having to worry about killing myself. Hooray extra flexibility.

I do acknowledge the splash damage hurting friendlies/self as a problem. Theres no way I could argue against that. But then again, the way I use the Lasher, I haven't been grief locked yet.

As for flexibility, the lasher is extremely flexible. Like I said, it excels in mid-range firefights and is my only go-to gun, and it does pretty darn well in long range combat. It has a very tight COF if you crouch and the orbs hit HARD. Its enough to scare a sniper with 1 orb and kill him with 4 at range. Which are easily land-able if he's dumb enough not to move.
  10. RasFW

In which case, I usually end up with about 2-3 kills and 1/4 health left. :D
  11. Protostar

No spin up time for the MCG coupled with some Planetside 1 flavor like no CoF bloom for first 13 shots on trigger pull while not ADS would go a long way to giving the MCG something of an identity instead of being just another LMG with an awkward ADS animation.

The only thing you need to give the Jackhammer now to cement it's identity is a larger magazine size. Something to the tune of 10 rounds standard with 16 for extended mags and the subsequent ammo pool size adjustment to match.

I would have said faster round speed travel for the Lasher, but you all appear to disagree so I'll leave those choices up to you.
  12. Armchair

The lasher is probably the most effective heavy weapon.

They're all pretty bad though.

The chaingun is pretty much outperformed by every LMG in the game and the jackhammer is the game's worst shotgun.

You can still use them to decent effect in situations where LMG's or shotguns are effective....but any other LMG or any other shotgun would have served you better.

All 3 need love.
    • Up x 2
  13. RasFW

I like the slower lasher orbs, myself. The turtle-balls from PS1 were even better, because as you were running down a stairwell, you could stack the orbs a little tighter so when the person ran through the door, he got a face-full of 70's and died.

These orbs are a bit too fast to do that, but I actually find leading targets fun and rewarding. It also makes it a more prestigious/skill-based weapon in my mind, so people don't say "oh look whos using the noobcannon again and just going for cheap kills".
  14. LightningWolfTigrBer

I like your sig...
  15. Vikarius

Well Mr. Auraxium Lasher
    The statistical damage of the weapon shows you actually don't kill someone in 4 hits.
    • Up x 1
  16. RasFW

You kill an uncerted infiltrator in 4 shots. Heavies take 6-8. Doesn't make my post any less valid if the numbers are off.
  17. Vikarius

Actually it does, because with all of the experience with the gun, not saying you stat padded or are a liar, but you are wrong here.
    Doesn't matter if the infiltrator is uncerted, you are not killing him in 4 shots unless he is not full hp/shields to start with.
  18. RasFW

Excuse me for not laboratory testing the lasher. Sorry I went out into the game and had actual experience dropping snipers at range with what seemed like 4 orbs. The rest of my posts are still valid.

Feel free to look up my stats with the Lasher or whatever makes you sleep well at night, but I actually do know how to use the gun and kill with it.
  19. Vikarius

No need to rage post, or be childish. I clearly said I wasn't questioning your experience with the lasher, reading comprehension ftw.
    I was pointing out how wrong you were on the numbers, and experience in the FIELD would normally dictate knowledge on how many actual shots it takes down down someone (no matter the class) especially for a weapon with such low velocity.
  20. Rhinzual

What movie/show is your sig from?