Base capture time increased?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by tomahawk72, Apr 3, 2013.

1. tomahawk72

Me and my squad where at Auxaris Firearms on amerish and we had 43% adjacency and 6/6 on point it took about 10 minutes to cap which is unusal for that size of a base. Did they ninja increase the base capture time with this cap?
  2. Neodymius

We just defended a tower against a ghost cap, we had 100% adjacency and it took 10 minutes from only the half way point of capture. (We also had 2/2 on the points)

When we took an outpost that we had 20% adjacency, it took about the time you'd normally expect (much faster than the defend I mentioned), so I think it's a bug.
  3. freeze

it's to increase the fun when you lob grenades out of the spawn-room.
  4. laziffer

it's very annoying sitting 5 or more minutes in a base waiting to capture it without any enemy around
  5. vooodooov

this is bad! >10 min to cap a 100% hex with 6/6 o_O
  6. DoctorWhose

Awww awww you poor people :D Guys, it took 15 minutes in PS1 to take ANY base with Hack and Hold.
  7. ARCStormtrooper

It was perfect before...why would they change this again?
    • Up x 1
  8. AxisO7

I know Auxaris Firearms used to be bugged (at least I always assumed it was a bug) and would take far far longer than it should do. This was back in Beta and also early release. I thought they'd fixed it but I'm not completely sure. Sounds like either this patch has bought that bug back, or I was wrong and it was never fixed in the first place.

I did report the bug both in game and also made a post on the forums, but never got any reply.
  9. DaninTexas

I am happy about this. Looking forward to fights lasting longer
  10. Evileet

And sitting in an empty base without the possibility to move along, because you'll miss the exp then. this doesn't increase the fun, just the pain for waiting and doing nothing.
  11. The_Shruberer

This is just going to cause a lot more waiting around.... Once the opposition has the spawn building surrounded with infantry, tanks, ESFs and liberators, the battle is already over.
    • Up x 2
  12. daxed

Why the hell would they change this? Does SOE not realize that the majority of the time that one of my outfit members decides that something IRL is more important and they log off, its during a boring base capture wait? When there's a raging battle, nobody is logging off.
  13. vooodooov

i really hope this is unintentional
  14. rumblepit

thank goddddd, im sick and tired of you back capping scrubs. cant wait until they add dynamic XP so you get 0 xp for capping a undefended base
    • Up x 1
  15. Evileet

The cap time for small bases could indeed be a little bit increased (not that much how it is yet), but not the big ones.
  16. daxed

And after waiting 15 mins doing nothing over and over for a few months, I ditched that game.
  17. L3TUC3

I noticed this as well. Seems like all points somehow got biolab/amp station/tech plant capture rates. It would explain why the awful plant capture sound keeps playing over and over.

/facepalm
  18. ScorpDK

This is actually to give the enemy time to mount a counter-attack via an organized platoon with dropships and armor column. I don't mind the change TOO much. There's more stuff to do than capping bases...BUT... now they should add more side objectives so the attackers got more stuff to do than to sit at the CC, playing cardgames.
  19. DoctorWhose

Then you did something wrong. There was plenty of things to do while the hack went through.