Thanks for Ruining NC max and making it unplayable

Discussion in 'MAX' started by MisterBond, Apr 3, 2013.

1. tbot

I created a NC account yesterday to test out some things.

Spawned a Max with 1 scat and 1 AA burster. Got ca. 20 - 25 kills and had to log out. Even killed a VS and a TR MAX in that lifespan. In CQC VS and TR MAX dont have the slightest chance against an NC MAX.

Lets see if its more in line now.
  2. Babaganoush

Cool, good luck finding someone as capable in Mercy MAXs or Blueshifts/whatever Nerf darts the VS like to shoot.
    • Up x 1
  3. Dethx

what the hell SOE? now i can only instagib squads of 9 instead of squads 12 this well unfair! NERF STRIKER AND NERF VS ESF CUS THEY R WELL OPZ RAWR!!!1111111:mad:
  4. TerroDragon23

like i said NC max is a bit OP ( only in CQC, it is useless anywhere else) but there are some guys with a VS SMG with 30+ KIllstreaks, does that mean VS SMG is op? it is just no viable proof.
  5. DrTeeth

The calculation assumes that if you've bothered to buy two Hacksaws, that you've also put extended mags on them. I think that's a safe assumption at this stage of the game.
  6. Ghosty11

How long does it take to currently unload an NC MAXes' Scattercannons? 2.4 seconds with extended mags and you are a good LMB spammer, theoretical 7150dps. Better yet how long does it take to unload the Hacksaws? 2 seconds with extended mags, theoretical 8580dps. Meanwhile the dual Mercy MAX is lazily firing at ~ 2025 dps, 10.6 seconds to unload his extended mags, and the dual Cosmos VS MAX firing at 1876 dps taking almost 14 seconds to unload his extended mags. Sure the TR and VS MAXes do more damage per magazine, but in the MAX vs. MAX face off burst dps > damage/magazine. Apparently you don't see a problem with this in MAX vs. MAX combat.

Looks like you have to find another strategy to deal with the other faction's MAXes beside MAX charge in close, and near insta-gibbing them.
  7. WUNDER8AR

8. RD1349

I agree the NC MAX was over nerfed look it is useless USELESS at range so why did they nerf it. I get people say it's OP but that's just the damn concept of the NC MAX it can output massive damage but ONLY AT SHORT RANGE.
  9. zedfonsie

Your evidence isn't proving **** in actual fights, no scattermax will stand still at ranges greater then 5 meters, they will get closer and kill you, or run away and bait you. Look at biolabs, it's nearly impossible to take from NC because they all pull out their ******* scattermax's and sit being the walls to the objectives, and before you say "just rush them" those rooms are full of engineers repairing the scatmax as you try to kill it.
  10. xourico

lol... this nerfs done nothing to the reason WHY NC maxes are OP...

they are OP because you die the moment you see one.
    TR and VS maxes, when you see one arround the corner, you just get behind the corner again, no problem, they dont have the INSANE ******** damage per MILI second a NC max has.

It does not matter if a NC max can do 10k damage in 1 reload and a TR/VS max can do 10000000k damage.

a NCmax does it almost instantly, a TR/VS max takes a lifetime to do it.

Many times even when I expect a max around the corner I cant even show up and fire a dumb fire rocket in its face, I just die right after, instantly, sometimes even before I launch the rocket.

ALL in ALL this nerf did not alleviate in the least what made NC MAXs so OP, they still obliterate and one shot everything in basically any close combat fight (biolabs, towers, inside any buildins), and since pretty much ALL objectives in the game and capture points are inside buildings they reigned and still reign supreme.

my opinion? SOE didnt understood AT ALL what made NC MAX OP, and they also didnt understood what made shotguns OP. they still one shot/two shot players in less then a second without the need for headshoots or any precise aiming...
  11. Jaloro

Just to clarify, we don't like to shoot them.
  12. Devrailis

Your infils would beg to differ.
  13. Soundmonitor

Finally it wont take my squad over 10 attempts to take out a NC MAX from an enclosed point... Now let's count how many times with this nerf it will take to take them out. **** with my mercy max an NC or VS Light infantry can fly around me before my cycle goes through to kill him, while the max can insta kill me using the same strat...
  14. Revanmug

It's not going to change anything really. The biggest change is that we have 2 less shells and NC MAX are now even worse at range.

In other words? Scatter will still exist in bio lab's corners because that's the only place it will work... as usual...

EDIT:
    Wake up ffs. Bio labs are impossible to take as soon as you reach a certain limit of people, whatever the faction is defending it.
  15. VanuSovereignty

If you use the MAX class outside of CQC you are using the MAX class wrong.
  16. Czuuk

Does it still take the same amount of time to click both mouse buttons once?
    • Up x 1
  17. Goretzu

It's looking like ScatMAXs will be even worse at range, and even worse close up - however if you run into one point blank you will still die (as an infantry - as a MAX if the rounds to kill is now 12.5 and standard rounds is 6 x 2 then a standard NC AI MAX will never kill a TR/VS AI MAX in a straight up fight). So the whines will continue and ScatMAX will be used even more only in BioLabs, I think.

Also strangely the orginal shotguns took a nerf, but the pump-actions largely didn't.
  18. GrantonStar

Yup, all the number crunching in the world adds up to nothing. 1 round from each barrel will still do the job.. happily....for me
    • Up x 1
  19. Dawgpound12

I just want the pump-actions nerfed...

SIDE NOTE: Max combat only occurs at CQC..
  20. Jalek

They're not all NC MAX's. There are three factions with different focuses, apparently some people missed that.
    I see the VS MAX pretty often outside and in Tech Lab towers, I don't see NC ones like that normally.