The real shotgun changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sebyos, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Sebyos

All Shotguns
    • Maximum damage per pellet reduced to 134 damage on all shotguns that previously did 143 damage.
    • Slowed down to 700 MS, from 575 MS (now matches assault rifle equip times and not carbines).
    NC Mauler S6, TR FA1 Barrage, and VS Thanatos (Changed from Pandora)
    • Rate of fire slowed down FROM 250 to 225 RPM.
    • Short reload time slowed down FROM 1925 TO 2050 MS.
    • Long reload time is faster FROM 3500 MS TO 3350 MS.
    • Lowered vertical recoil to 1.3, from 1.5.
    NC Sweeper, TR TS4 Haymaker, and VS Nova
    • Rate of fire slowed down FROM 250 RPM to 225 RPM.
    • Short reload time slowed down FROM 2600 to 2900 MS.
    • Long reload time slowed down FROM 4000 to 4100 MS.
    • Lowered vertical recoil to 1.3, from 1.5.
    NC Piston, TR AS16 NightHawk, and VS Pandora(Changed from Thanatos )
    • Rate of fire slowed down FROM 300 RPM to 260 RPM.
    • Short reload time slowed down FROM 2400 to 2600 MS (long reload unchanged).
    • Recoil recovery rate slowed down to 12 degrees per second, from 15.
    Basically, here's the situation:

The RoF nerfs cut 25 RPM to semi autos and 40 to autos, a 10% nerf to semi autos and a 13.3% nerf to autos.

Reload nerfs go from 0.1 seconds to 0.3 seconds.

I personally feel like SoE completely missed the point. I guess they don't know shotguns. (It would explain switching the Pandora with the Thanatos) All these changes will mainly affect kill streaks. The person shooting a lot will feel the RoF and reload nerfs while the effectiveness of shotguns will remain just as good in duels. Worse, they haven't change the pellet spreads which means the range of shotgun will remain way too long. I'm just hoping that the minimum damage will have an effect on shotguns because right now I don't know the minimum value or how fast you reach the minimum damage, but you can easily win at 15-20 meters especially with a pump action or a semi auto.

I really wonder if the pump action change was made for the pumping or the reloading. I would be quite happy if it was the pumping because I think it used to be 250 MS and it would now be 600 MS.

As far as NC Maxes go I don't even want to talk about it.
  2. Ultramarine

The change is to "rechamber" so it's for pumping
    • Up x 1
  3. ThundaHawkPS

what you want is for shotguns to never be deadly indoors unless the user is permanently hugging a corner or pillar waiting for people to wander within 5m or maybe if the user sneaks up on somebody within knifing distance otherwise it's not really a firearm

Even pre-nerf shotguns would lose to automatics at 20m in a straight head to head where both parties spot and open fire simultaneously.

NC MAXes had their weaknesses and limitations in relation to VS and TR MAXES. Now those weaknesses are going to be even more pronounced.

(I gotta say, Cosmos is incredible from using it on my vs-- people just don't know its potential. With 167 damage per shot good accuracy and reload time, you can drop people /fast/ indoors).
  4. MrMagicGuns

So did I get screwed on the Uppercut I bought two days ago?
  5. Kronic

Nope. You can still OHK, just got have better aim and get closer.
  6. shadouac

Pump yes; semi no. Beyond 10 meters non-pump times to kill are slower than any rifle. You'll have to empty half an extended magazine or more and hope they're ******** players. And that's before the nerf. I expect with the damage per pellet and ROF changes that anyone over 10m away would have to be AFK for you to kill them before they turn and kill you. It is the pump actions and their narrow cone of fire that enable longer range shotgun kills and IMO these nerfs don't go far enough for those.
  7. Joram

You sure? i think it was 500 ms
  8. Sebyos

Well I choose the word easily as in point the circle in the general direction and let the gun do. I'm not saying it's reliable, but damn it's much more easy as it relies on luck rather than skills and the odds are really not that bad.

Not sure really.