Thanks for Ruining NC max and making it unplayable

Discussion in 'MAX' started by MisterBond, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Cowabunga

<3 FINALLY I can feel like a MAX instead of something inferior to NC's one shot machine.
  2. DrakeAU

Never!
  3. o.Solei.o

So how many hours have you test driven this math in actual game-play? (Did they start sending out private invitations to the upcoming test server, or are you just waiting on the maintenance like the rest of us?)

There are a lot of things in this game that look awesome or like crap on paper, but wind up being a very different experience in-game.
  4. Mr. Troffleops

THE TASTY NC TEARZ I NEED THEM ALL
  5. Itermerel

As a NC player, I support the nerfs.
    • Up x 1
  6. Patrician

I've not seen it in the bio pages for the TR that they are spawn room campers/farmers either but that's exactly what their MBT drivers do.
  7. Patrician

Are you surprised? This is exactly what the VS and TR want; complete domination in every area of the game.
    • Up x 1
  8. CaptAmazing

The problem with a NC MAX being better at CQC is that that the most important buildings are Biolabs/Techplant in which a organized NC outfit can totaly dominate the other factions with MAXes (Amp stations give more flanking oppertunity to actually use C4/rockets on MAXes).

I think the right way is to nerf NC MAX shotguns and give NC a medium range alternative.

Think of prowlers which for a short time got a super high bullet velocity with ancor mode (until it was nerfed). Everybody said that giving TR a "sniper" tank would be to powerfull. And they were right, because naturally tanks are used in open field/longe range combat. And buffing longe range fighting abilities to such a point, was just to good.

Its the same with MAXes, which are naturally used more or less exclusivly in buildings, in which most fights are CQC and there NC MAXes are just too good.
    • Up x 1
  9. Patrician

Absolute rubbish; the most I've managed to do in one engagement it four and only then because one was a medic sheltering behind a heavy. Had they been more spread apart it would have been three kill tops.
  10. Mr. Troffleops

Youtube Scattermax. Behold players using it to utterly WRECK. Nothing personal, but just because you are not very good in a MAX suit doesn't mean the rest of your faction isn't.

Really my biggest problem with the so called 'cqc' max was the freaking slugs. With slugs they could easily engage infantry out to 100 meters. (I'm sure you all saw the video.) Which utterly negated their so called weakness. I'm all for another alternative to the shotguns as well, because the other two factions don't get such rediculously op weapons, so why should the NC? Give them only crappy machine guns like ours.
  11. Patrician

Where did you get your figures from? With extended mags a Hacksaw Max carries 12 shots; Using the above numbers you need to add another 4 seconds onto the "Post Patch Hacksaw figures to take into account the reload time so:-

Post Patch Hacksaw: 5601 dps, 13 shots to kill, 5.72 seconds!!

• Up x 1
  12. Ghosty11

13. Ghosty11

Considering that a 7.62mm round can easily OHK a deer at 500yds your analogy means very little in terms of this game.
  14. TerroDragon23

Is everyone in the future and tried the new MAX already?
  15. Babaganoush

I'll just repost this right here...

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  16. TerroDragon23

And this is why balance should not be made by guys in the forum..you forget about the time it takes to empty a magazine. Its a huge factor in this case. I dont think NC MAX will be totaly UP. Stop cry before you can actually try it out.
  17. BigMacDeez

18. TerroDragon23

NC Max is a bit op but pictures like this confirm nothing, i can search a random guy with some kind of TR Weapon with a similar thing to this. does that mean its op? dont forget about player skill in this.
    • Up x 1
  19. Wezdor

See the thing that EVERYONE in this thread is forgetting is that, when you take OPs compelling arguments and videos and you add this one little wee bit thing called COVER during the video's "I'm reloading, please shoot my face" time, the NC MAX suddenly becomes way less crap. Why? Because in the actual game you WON'T see players standing still and shooting each other like they are mounted turrets, but will instead use cover and or close the distance. In which case, having the ability to pump out more damage in less time (NC MAX) is very, very good.

TL;DR: Game has cover, NC MAX will still be fine, OP has once again proven to be a ******
  20. Patrician

And there are just as many Youtube videos showing TR Max's "wrecking" too. But according to the TR posters their Max was not that good! Youtube video's tend to be the exception rather that the rule.
    • Up x 1