ITS POSSIBLE! This Is What It Looks Like If Your Phoenix Missile Gets Shot At

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Killzor, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Killzor

• Up x 2
  2. Tommyp2006

huh, so instead of destroying it, it knocks it off course?
    • Up x 4
  3. ironeddie

I like that.
    • Up x 2
  4. Cinc

So... even IF we manage to shoot it, you still have a chance to save the missile?

REALLY?

Edit - Alright, some NC pointed out to me that the phoenix probaly couldnt turn back onto target after that... and a 120* turn probaly wont turn you at anyone else (that isnt on your team). So you win this round, NC, you win this one...
  5. Chocki

Off course, and the spin can not be recovered. Once hit, all thrust is stopped, and it spins. If you notice, the last few seconds it drops from the sky.
    • Up x 1
  6. hawken is better

I THOUGHT SO!

That means I've successfully shot down two Phoenix missiles.
  7. Tobax

Are you kidding? theres no chance of saving it because its hard to turn as it is before that happens to it.

Plus they are very easy to shoot because burster flak explodes near it as its an aircraft.
  8. p10k56

Today I shot two coming directly at my prowler with my cobalt. It was not difficult it is slow as hell:p
    • Up x 2
  9. Izriul

Nah, no chance what-so-ever, I'm not 100% sure but I don't think it even detonates. Had mine shot out about 6 times in a row yesterday. Maybe a hacker with aimbot or someone who's pretty damn good...could have been 6 different people I guess but they were all heading for the same location.
  10. centurionvi

Aww I wanted it to spin back around and hit you.
    • Up x 3
  11. Oakwalker

This is pretty cool.
  12. UnrealGaz

And the big problem that nobody even mentions is..... NC are still using it too snipe infantry that too me says it still undermines snipers and should have a further damage reduction.
  13. Dawgpound12

I'm going to begin looking into Reagan's Star Wars program in order to counter these NC missiles.
    • Up x 1
  14. Badname82

Yep. Induces immediate motion sickness in anyone watching over your shoulder. True story wear a hat.
  15. Mezinov

I can rest both your weary minds.

The missile will still travel its fuel range when shot. Meaning it will either dissapear or hit the ground and explode. Back when it was a OHK on infantry I would play catch-the-pheonix while waiting for base caps to go through. You shoot a missile straight up, immedietly end control, shoot it down, and run around beneath it trying to catch it with your face.

It was good fun, and my outfit gets a good laugh out of it as well.
  16. Purg

I had 4 shot down in a row, yesterday. :(
  17. Armchair

Burster max I suppose? They are actually superb at shooting down phoenixes. Spam in the general direction and they'll flakburst to take them out.

But like many counters in this game, people will rather cry for nerfs rather than use the counter.

Against people actually trying to intercept the phoenixes, I've seen interception rates as high as 60%
  18. notyourbuddy

Thats rather dissapointing. I was hoping it would explode and the guy who shot it down would get like 25xp or something.
  19. Zenanii

I still keep seeing ghost phoenix pass far overhead, while the real one strikes down right on top of me. Should I try to shoot te fake one or try to anticipate the invisible one coming for me?
  20. Purg

Engineer turret, actually - couldn't get that crafty schmuck. I've yet to have an AA MAX take one down and I've targeted a lot of them. Don't know if they were targeting my orbs or air at the time.