C4 Kamikaze, Sundis short Life

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sevvv, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Sevvv

Hey,
    Everytime i see a Deployed Sunderer it just takes some Seconds before a C4 Kamikaze Flash Driver comes and Booom!

Or just 2-3 Jumppacks LA flying over them....Booooom!

U Deploy a Sunderer and in your Brain starts the Sound of Benny Hill Theme and watching the flying C4 from everywhere.
    "Defend your Sunderer"
    " Dont deploy it so close to the enemy"
    "mineguard"
    "barricade"
    ...........brings nothing!

And i dont mean only my Sunderer or from our Faction, i mean everyones.

Is this what SOE whants, C4 Spamm ?

What can i do against ? ;) "mineguard + barricade and c4 only hits with 20% dmg and makes u 30sec imun to explosives - timer buff" at one cert. maybe

or remove c4 :p

sry for my bad english!
  2. Navoletti

cryer learn play and use mines ap in your sundie.

for a sundie with mineguard max level the only weapon for kill is a c4 or much people with rocket launcher and you request delete the c4?pffff

come on guy stop of cry and use my recomendations.

mines ap in the sides of sunderer .
  3. Joe-H2O

Shoot guy with C4.

Repair sunderer if it got damaged.

Profit.

If there's more than one person attacking the sunderer at once, then shoot them both. (you can have teammates help you).
    • Up x 5
  4. Torok

i run my sunderer with Composite armor and i always have one or two players manning the Fury turrets to keep engies at bay, they still get me but they must first earn it :)
    you're not supposed to defend your sunderer all by yourself and no, he won't defend itself if you're not there, if you want your sunderer to be a reliable AMS in the frontline you gotta drop rivers of sweat to have it last.

if you run with different weapons mounted play it different.

anyway fear not, mines are gonna be nerfed because of whiners, so you'll just have to cert the Composite armor and Have fun, because people will need tons of C4 to take you down

your manner are terrible sir, anyway
    AP mines are bugged as of now and don't do any damage to Infantry, don't go waste supplies on them until they fix them
  5. Cybrid

he did say the LA is boosting over the sundy and dropping the C4... so tell me all about how mines on the sides of the sunndy will help... LMAO --americans... they never read.
  6. Xind

Frankly, c4 is far easier to defend against then AT Mines. You can kill the c4 user and render his weapons inert. If the AP Mines are deployed, he still wins even if he dies. Also, the time to chuck out 2 C4 and they need to be attached, not just close, is enough to blow the guy away.
  7. Zaik

sunderers are extremely easy to get, if they weren't easy to destroy there would be a problem.
    • Up x 3
  8. Total_Overkill

While true, it doesnt matter.
    The AP mine will detect the enemy and detonate, the enemy will have planted 1 explosive by this time. That explosive will chain reaction, and kill the hostile with survivable damage to the sundy.
    ( Most of the time >.> )
    • Up x 1
  9. Loegi

Shoot them before they lift off, or don't place your Sunderer next to a wall or something. Besides, that would take a minimum of 2 LAs and a very long time of flying regardless of blockade armour tier, so countering that with 2 infantry units who have access to the Sunderer turrets I can't imagine you having much issues with shooting them down.
  10. Sevvv

thanks for your answers, sure your defending tips help, sometimes. but i need to learn that u cant defend it all the time. and miss the good old ps1 time with the cloak ams :p

but defending this?
    low chance :) becouse of the surprice maybe? but i still think without c4 the game fun will grow :p
  11. Joe-H2O

The sunderer is not a fortress and it is not designed to be.

Sometimes it will get killed.

This is working as intended.
    • Up x 4
  12. JollyReaper2

You're saying 2-3 players worked together to take out a sunderer one player pulled? My heart bleeds for him.

You can have a longer-lasting sunderer when it takes two players to pull one.
  13. SgtScum

The ones who cry about c4 spam are the same ones without mineguard and always deploy as close to the enemy spawn as possible.
    • Up x 3
  14. ST4LK3R

- Get maxed blockade.
    - at least one Engy to repair and drop AP mines around the sunderer.
    - Two more guys to man your sunderer's turrets.
    - Get one more guy to be dual buster max if the person is willing.

This set up is pretty good but personally I roll with maxed mine guard.

That's the best I can come up with. I think it is fair that you can't have effective defence against both AT mine and c4 at the same time.

Some sunderers are easy to kill like the time I was at Crown for 2 hours+ and saw only 1 sunderer with mine guard. Some are so hard to kill that I wanna just rage quit. The hardest one I've seen was the one with max Mine Guard while both of its turrets were manned and 2 Engy were defending it. In this kinda case, I pull my lib with tank buster from nearest place and attack from the least expected direction.
  15. Timantium

cloaking dome would be a nice defense slot item. Like the original for the AMS.
  16. Dice

So let me get the straight. A month ago all the rage was "AT mines OP make them worthless and force everyone to use C4". Now the idea is "C4 is OP make Sundys inviolable." Yea no.

Hear is an idea. Learn to defend your dam spawn point if it is that valuable to you.
    • Up x 3
  17. BH Brigade

Blockade armor gives resistance to C4, and with the coming mine nerf it is going to be more effective.
  18. Nilidus

I would fix it that way:
    C4: instead of "throwing" it make it only plant able, could be defused.
    Mines: you need to drive over a mine to activate it, could be defused too.
    Defuse: 5-40 sec with an alternate fire mode for repairtool, after defused you could destroy the C4 or mine but it wont explode.
    You would gain EXP for A successful defuse.

my opinion so far, sorry for bad english.
    • Up x 1
  19. phungus420

Sunderers are extremely overpowered as is. They should be easier to kill.
    • Up x 1
  20. Armchair

Eventually sunderers will be invincible fortresses with auto-turrets that will shoot infantry dead and knock planes out of the sky. People will still come crying to the forums when a squad manages to blow one up.

99.99% of the sunderers I destroy with C4/AT mines are TERRIBLY placed?

Parked it inside the outpost tower? Bad move, it was dead as soon you placed it there.

Parked next to the amp station wall? Are you even trying to make this a challenge? Why don't you just deconstruct it and save us both some time?

Position with clear lines of fire, manned GL's, and at least one guard?!!?!!!!!! Reported for having a brain. That has to be against the EULA.