To fellow MAX's

Discussion in 'MAX' started by samedreamchina4, Apr 1, 2013.

1. samedreamchina4

As a dedicated Engineer, I've just seen a thread in the Engineer discussion forums criticizing Engineer's for not repairing and providing ammo to your suits.

In response, though I suspect most people browsing the forum already know this.

MAKE SURE YOUR ENGINEER HAS COVER. So many times I'll be repairing someone in a MAX suit and they'll progress too far or just plainly stand out in the open expecting me to repair them. I'm not invincible like you. I die a lot easier. So, an easy way to fix this is to attack enemies at the side of door frames, or other clever use of cover where I can sit happily repairing you.

If you limit the Engineer's exposure to threat, you live longer.

Happy MAXing.
    • Up x 2
  2. Avlaen

As a max i do do my best to give the engi cover even if its my own body but then again i only realy play with my outfit so there usualy on the ball with the repair tooling :p
  3. GSZenith

mm love max's who tries to hide behind the engi...
  4. Purg

Works both ways - the amount of times that I've had an Engineer stand between me and the threat I've retreated from, it boggles the mind. I then try to move in front of them, I'll even try Proximity chat and they'll end up bailing on me. I like the repairs, I like the ammo but don't stand between me and the bad guys, use your head.
    • Up x 2
  5. Blackinvictus

Yep, exactly. As an avid player of both classes mentioned I've seen some high comedy from both ends.

Last night I had a really sweet spot camped with my falcons engaging infantry left and right non-stop. I had an excellent engy I covered behind me healing and was quite unstoppable and had constant ammo, it was awesome!

Another engy came up and was healing me and I heard the original one yell in proximity "hey, this is MY ******* Max", at which time he promptly killed the other engy ignoring his warnings. Well the other one came back and killed him. All of this while both of them keeping me constantly healed and supplied at various times by one or the other LOL. Was like a fight within a fight between those two. I think the DBL XP might have had them going crazy.
    • Up x 1
  6. Eric Smith

The other bit that gets me is the Engineer who can't crouch down while repairing me. Yeah, if it's a running battle you can't crouch, but if you're standing still or taking cover then frikkin crouch. When a bad guy runs through me to try to get behind and I have to turn around to shoot him the last thing I want to do is shoot my engineer in the face.

This goes for people trying to get in front of me to fire as well. People don't realize that you can have two fire lines if the front line just crouches. If you're going to stand in front of me to try to take my firing position you'd better crouch or I will shoot you in the back of the head. And if I'm in my Mercy Max crouching ain't gonna help, because 50% of my accuracy comes from crouching myself. I'm just gonna shoot through you.
    • Up x 1