Parallax should 1-hit headshot players w/nanoweave

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PhilDun, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Jaloro

I don't believe at all that they are extremely difficult to play. There is a reason that a large number of new players gravitate towards sniping and it certainly isn't because it is difficult.

a) Sure you can keep movnig but good god it is incredibly annoying after a while. And like I said, a class whose sole purpose it to annoy the rest of the playerbase seems like a bit of a hollow class. It also far from guarantees you won't get killed - as a lot of the replies here are at lengths to point out - if you are a skillful sniper then hitting moving targets is the challenge. Hitting stationary targts is a joke.

b) Yes there are equipment counters, but they leave you at the mercy of other one shot kill idiocy which should be nerfed - mainly mines.

c) I agree it is skillful but it isn't PvP if you aren't being countered by the enemy. To be honest, I'm not sure what sniping actually is. Its kind of a game within a game within which the opposition has no clue they are playing until its too late.

d) Don't disagree but the infil has low health because of its cloak, not its rifle.
  2. Slandebande

Well my main point was, that the sniper rifle is actually MORE useful on the shorter distances (the situations i described above) than on the longer distances.. And removing that 1HKO from the snipers behind enemy lines, would render them useless.. I know, cause EVERY time some sniper in our territory fails the headshot on me, and gets the bodyshot i WILL kill that sniper.. When im sniping in such situations, i prefer missing the shot completely to missing the headshot but getting the bodyshot instead (IF its a skilled player im shooting at, and in general, i play like my opponents are just that)

Maybe they should separate the rifles into 2 distinct categories;
    1: Long range (classical) snipers, which have less drop, higher velocity (like the RAMS/Parallax/whatever) but mayhaps slightly less dmg (as to remove the 1HKO)
    2: Shorter range rifles, which are harder to use at max range by tweaking the abovementioned stats and/or giving it higher damage-dropoff at range, but that are still able to 1HKO within lets say, 150m (first number that came to my head)

Edit: And on a sidenote, i also like the long range sniping, it really just depends on my mood/the situation.. I also like to run with the SMG so it's not because I haven't seen the full pallete of the ways to play infiltrator.. Actually, before the SMG days, i was infiltrating with my pistol (cause the scout rifles sucked) and having a blast, the SMG's are just the icing on the cake.. (I know you never said i did this/that, I just felt like putting it out there)
  3. Vikarius

You can debate it, but you'd be wrong. Again = "Red is not a color" argument
    You still trying to push that double standard too.
    Still waiting on that video Mr "Snipers are uncounterable"

Not gonna happen. and they are already split up. If anything to match the TTK of the rest of the game, Bolt actions need the damage dropoff that was bugged in, removed at the very least. That way the advertisement would be correct.
    Still waiting on that video.

You clearly do not know what "counter" or even "counter-able" means
    You act as if a sniper is suddenly immune to damage at any range once he starts looking through his scope.
    I mean, don't make the trolling too obvious now.... it is getting ridiculous.

Infil has cloak, which has mechanics that do not even make sense, like loud noise on activation+deactivation. and it isnt 100% invisibility. The health loss doesn't even make sense to begin with either, other classes do not lose base run speed for their extra "health" or anything else for that matter.
  4. Slandebande

They are split up yes, but with no practical benefit (in my opinion) as the RAMS (or other faction eq.) is still the best rifle by far if you ask me, even at the shorter ranges as you can just roll with iron scopes then which are fine.. If there were no price difference i would go for it every time, instead of the others
  5. Vikarius

.... You cannot iron sight a RAMs....nor any of the equivalents... Their RoF and reload does NOT make them practical at short range. The faster RoF and reload ones are the best for this, and depending on the range, even the ones access to the 3.4x scopes
  6. Slandebande

Why are you saying what i can and can't do? By iron sight, i do mean the standard (6x scope). It works perfectly fine for me, so don't give me that BS! And yea, i don't care for the RoF and reload times, because, as i mentioned before, i don't work the way most (noob) snipers work, as in spraying shots all over the place.. I place well timed/aimed shots (and NOT just on still targets), and i prefer getting the maximum damage from the RAMS as it helps in finishing off targets that are running at me if I don't want to move (as in bodyshotting them with the rifle and finishing with the pistol.. And YES, this is not so hard to do with the iron sight (or shall i say standard 6x scope instead, to avoid confusion???? seriously...) Also, even at the shorter distances, the increased bullet velocity helps leading moving targets..

To say it again, RoF and reload times are NOT needed in close quarters sniping if you want to keep your cover.. If you don't feel that way, please come to Miller and try to snipe near me, with your increased RoF, and ill spot you in less than 1 minute, i promise
  7. Dragonblood

a) Shooting a moving target is difficult......and there are only few stationary targets and these stationary are "annoying" other players.
    b) sorry, but spending 61 points in a passive ability that renders a class useless is just a joke.
    c) Snipers are countered by other snipers, tanks and infiltrator/LAs that take out campers.
    d) What's the drawback of other classes?
  8. Vaphell

do you have the same reservations against deployed prowlers blasting spawnrooms with endless barrage of HE, liberators bombing battlefield from above or AV turrets sniping from the mountain 300m away? What about infiltrators who are completely totally defenseless against any kind of mech with no chance of retaliation? Talk about 'shooting fish in a barrel' kind of situation. Ever been stalked by a maxed radar mossie?
  9. Vikarius

LOL so emotional aren't ya

A. You are the one who said Iron scope. Not me, don't get so butt hurt because you cannot even use correct terminology
    B. RAMS cannot use 6x lol clearly you don't even use it
    C. What does weapon practicality and design have to do with what shots you take? The RAMS and equivalent offer no statistical bonus over the other bolt actions at shorter ranges other then a little more damage. However, the faster RoF and Reload of the other DO offer a statistical advantage. not to mention the one that can equip lower magnification scopes (depending on the range you are going for)

With your extreme lack of knowledge on the weapon systems themselves, You clearly have NO idea what you are talking about, and it is a good bet, don't even snipe at all... much less play infiltrator
    • Up x 1
  10. Slandebande

By saying iron sight, i was referring to the standard scope on the rifle.. The lowest available scope to the RAMS is x7, therefore i assumed x6 was the standard scope.. I just thought this would be obvious.. Going on about terminology when my point was obvious, is like arguing about grammar, feel free to do it, I just wont care.. Sorry

The shots I take have nothing to do with what rifle I would choose to use, but I would prefer to equip the rifle which would benefit me the most.. The increased damage helps with getting a head start in an unavoidable close encounter, and furthermore with finishing wounded targets.. Regarding the bullet velocity, i stand by my previous statement. Both of these effects help me achieve my goals, albeit a minor contribution..

Regarding the RoF; I would not gain anything in an increased rate of fire as I won't shoot on every "cooldown", especially not in close to medium range sniping, as the more shot within a short time period, increases the likelihood of you being spotted.. I prefer to not have my cover blown due to overzealous shooting, but that's just me..

You might argue for the reload time for 2 major effects; First, it enables you to bring more shots down range faster, which, as i stated previously, is not what I would prefer when sniping close to enemies. Second, it might improve survivability by being able to reload quicker and thus kill a potential incoming threat sooner.. Here I would primarily argue that I choose my battles wisely, e.g. if i see multiple threats but i only have few rounds in my clip left, i would duck into cover and play it safe..

Tldr: The damage and bullet velocity helps me make sure that what I hit, dies, and helps me make sure my bullets hit my target effectively.. The RoF would not really benefit me, but I will give you, the reload time could potentially come in handy.. But whether it out weighs the other 2 factors, I don't know.

Regarding me as a person playing the infiltrator, I would've preferred if you could keep this mature.. But feel free to check up on my infiltrator stats and judge for yourself, the data is available

Edit: I also forgot the scopes in the discussion.. Here i stand by my x6 scope for close to medium ranged combat, as all it takes is aiming at the person BEFORE you scope to actually hit them, regardless of the specific scopes magnification, and I would rather have the x6 for medium range
  11. Joe-H2O

Ah, yes, typos getting me into trouble.

My post stands, but just replace the 5 with a 3 as it was meant to be originally.

Yes, I did read the thread.
  12. HadesR

Yeah bloody LA's are a pain in the butt :eek:
  13. Vikarius

Terminology and understanding of mechanics is important, especially when you are *attempting* to make an argument as if you have an experience in the field and on the topic at hand, when clearly you do not.
    You win the *lost all merit* Auraxium medal for this thread.
    You can just sit there ignored from now on,
    What you have posted so far would be no different them someone coming into a thread about Rocket Launchers, claiming they use them all the time and with a suppressor
  14. Slandebande

Feel free to think whatever you like, it's a free world! I've made my say, and i don't need your acceptance! Btw, since you said I never play infiltrator, can you link your stats as an infiltrator? I'm just curious cause i can't get a hit on the stats page on your forum name.. And you clearly need to experience to show for yourself to make such a comment

Edit: Which mechanics do I obviously not understand?
  15. Slandebande

Oh well, I guess the troll has had enough... And yes Vikarius, I mean you since your way of arguing mostly resembles that of a troll..

Whatever floats your boat
  16. bobzebrick

It already does, we don't need useless snipers 1000 meters away doing nothing... Get closer.
  17. PhilDun

The latest patch did not fix this bug.
  18. Teegeeack

Are you sure it's a bug?
    • Up x 1
  19. Vaphell

are you sure it is not? To base the argument we have only
    - official description of the weapons that advertises OHK, no ifs, no buts (well, one if)
    - completely wrong picture produced by the actual numbers (entry level rifles being forced well into the comfortable ADS range of bullet hoses; OHK range and designed usage range of all BASRs - 'very long' as in description - being mutually exclusive)

there is nothing to support the notion that the current situation works as intended.
  20. PhilDun

I wish SOE would at least comment - say something. Is it a bug or isn't it? I mean, they must've seen this thread by now. At this point I feel completely ignored.