Claymore AP mine success since GU5 (or lack of, for me)

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Sledgehammerr, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Eric Smith

As a side benefit dropping an AT mine along with the Claymore will also do enough damage to kill anyone with Flak armor, kill a Max, and increase the damage radius enough that you could get an extra kill if people are too close together when it's triggered.

Still, would be nice if they'd just fix Claymores.
  2. Shiladie

I've got over 500 kills with prox mines, all pre GU5, which definitely made prox mines unusably bad. I've stopped using them entirely, as they simply are not worth it anymore. I hope they get fixed soon, I was going for my auraxium medal with them...
  3. RealityWarrior

GU6 updates mentions a fix
  4. Navoletti

but the problem continue 0 damages for ap mines they not fix nothing with update 6.
  5. Mumnoch

They should take them all out anyways. The claymore is horrible especially when compared to the AOE dmg ones that the other 2 factions get. Also the fact claymores are 150% easier to see makes it much harder to earn kills via them. Just remove them from the game or give claymores AOE dmg as well (and make them harder to see!)
  6. Scyntrus

Claymores are terrible compared to the mines from the other factions. They stand up half a foot, making them easily visible, while the other mines usually sink into the ground, making them practically invisible. This means that the only viable place to put claymores is around corners. Unfortunately, the lasers are visible around corners, making them pretty much useless.
  7. RealityWarrior

I can say I got 3 kills with prox mines last night so (for VS at least) I would say my experience shows they are, in fact working now.
  8. Bison

Agreed. I've been adding kills with them again. Nice to see.
  9. Rickenbacker

When they work, and the enemy doesn''t see them, I get kills. Or at least damages, since most people now have flak armor. But my problem is that they often just vanish into thin air after placing, expecially indoors.
  10. LordZombie14

Well, I've laid 38 Bouncing Betties so far and everyone has been a dud. I have a 90% success rate with Tank Mines also. Every once in a while Tank Mines don't work. But so far, Bouncing Betties are just a waste of resources and a joke.
  11. Bison

Had a great run today of using claymores - kept refreshing them at the capture point, 1 for each door. I spent most of the time just resupplying myself with mines...
  12. Manetheren

Sometimes I get a kill, sometimes people just see my Claymore. But mostly it detonates dealing NO DAMAGE!
  13. RealityWarrior

I definitely took damage from a claymore last night. At flak 5 it hurt but didn't kill me. The bug has been fixed.
    • Up x 1