Nanoweave armor - experience ?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Aeroloulou, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Aeroloulou

I see the guide don't recommend nanoweave armor for LA. I still want to hear your experience with lvl 5 nano. Anyone use it ?
  2. Ghoest

Id rather have more bullets.
  3. Kronic

I don't use it anymore. Too many teamate with no aim friendly fire on me remove some of my health making nanoweave pointless. I use either adrenaline pump or advanced shield capacitor now.
  4. Eric Smith

I use Nanoweave on all my characters, except for Flak on my Engy/Driver loadout. I've got it to level 4 on Engy, LA, HA, and Medic; I think it makes a difference (level 5 at 1000 certs is a bit pricey, but I'll eventually get it). Yeah, 9 times out of 10 you die anyway, but that 10th time is really nice. I don't know how many times I've survived with a bar or two of health and even went on to kill someone else before either getting heals or dieing. Twice that I can think of earlier today, actually. In fact, one time I not only killed the guy I was facing with 1 bar of health left I went on to kill two more guys before being overwhelmed by a couple others. So, yeah, I really like Nanoweave. Flak is nice, but unless they change it to absorb direct damage it seems rather blah.
  5. Wolfwood82

I'd only recommend it on load outs where you plan on fighting at range. For CQC you are better off with Flak seeing how many AP mines are scattered about lately.
  6. Sloddo

I used to only use Adrenaline Pump, but switched up to Nano lvl 5. If nothing else, it's nice to be able to survive bouncing betty's once in a while.
  7. llPendragon

I've tried most of the outfit slots for the LA and HA, and have ended up with Nano weave on both. I do have 1 LA kit with extra grenades which I use for getting rid of stalemates. I left Flak on my Engy.
  8. Joe_da_cro

i use flak for the most part to combat AI mines. also in biolab fights where the grenade/rocket spam can be quite frustrating.
  9. VanuSovereignty

Ammo is better for LA and Infiltrator, for everything else, buy flak.

Consider that heavy assault. He's going to kill you no matter how many times he has to hit, if he can see you. Adding an extra .2 seconds won't help.
  10. metrotw

Nano is not worth the certs past lvl 1. You must max it to get ONE extra bullet protection.

If you think all those certs are worth ONE bullet then go for it. Otherwise max grenade bandolier will get you more bang for ur certs than anything other than c4. ;)

I do run flak armor during messy tower sieges to help me survive the random noob tossing around frags though. ;)
  11. Eric Smith

That's assuming that you're taking all your fire from the same person at a range where they are doing full damage with no range falloff. Damage comes from many sources with varying amounts of damage and has a damage falloff with distance. You also have BioLabs which heal you slowly, and your shields regen as well - with varying levels of healing & regen there are many points along the curve where Nano 4 can give you two extra bullets.

Nano 4 will also allow you to survive a headshot with a bolt action sniper rifle at a range where the damage begins to falloff. Nano 1 will not do that for you. This has saved my life numerous times.
    • Up x 1
  12. Adaptus

I have Nano5 on my medic and it makes the diff definitely. That combined with a max level heal aura basically turns CM into medium assault; you can even go a step further and pop a regen stick to stack with your heal ability if you like. Either way you become a LOT more durable, not quite HA with nano5 and resist shield but the next best thing inf wise.
  13. metrotw

If you are getting sniped "numerous" times as a LA you are doing something wrong. If I get sniped as a LA I was either being stupid or the guy was a great shot. In either case not worth the cert investment unless you are very high level and have nothing better to blow them on.
  14. Aeroloulou

Thanks for a lot of answers. I see there are a lot of different opinions about this question, and I guess the reason is that all the alternatives are rather weak and situational. Ive been using Nanoweave 4 myselves, but I'm trying the Shield capasitor instead now - and I think I like it better. But It might be just a feeling, its not exactly gamechanging.
  15. BH Brigade

I use the shield capacitor, mostly because I play the LA as a guerrilla hit and run class, so preferably I won't get my health hit at all, just the shields.
  16. Iridar51

Or you can choose not to get hit by sniper
  17. vaxx

If you could choose NOT to get hit, please show me your perfect k/d ratio.

Rather dumb statement there.
  18. Veri

I now use nanoweave on every class.
    I once tried out maxed advanced shield capacitor on my engineer and it was rubbish.
    Died very easily.
    Using nanoweave level 4 on my engineer I die a lot less.
  19. Eric Smith

The good snipers will watch you and the moment you stop moving, for whatever reason, they'll peg you. Usually it's when I scope up either to get a bead on somebody or to survey the area to decide what my next move is, then bam I get sniped. Then there's the great snipers who don't even need you to stop moving. You're also very vulnerable when you're doing a long burn to jump jet to a high position because you're moving in a relatively straight path at a constant rate with no cover. Been hit a few times there as well.

trollolololololololol
  20. Mr. Troffleops

I use the ammo myself. (That extra mag helps more then you'd think when you are alone on top of a tower.) Nanoweave is great and is my second choice. If you are standing there TAKING fire from an enemy you are doing it wrong. Nanoweave shines the most when you have just flown away with a sliver of health and are waiting for shields to recharge and then you get back in the fight.

Flak is pretty much pointless imho. WIth all the proxy mines around, I thought it would be useful, but in the end Nanoweave 3+ helps you survive too. (Dont ask how, I have no idea.) Flak for rockets and grenades is pointless. Direct hit with a rocket/tank round you are dead anyway. If you can't avoid a grenade then you have NO place playing LA.

The extra grenades don't fit my playstyle because, again, any half competent player sees the big red grenade marker and hits his overshield or runs. They just are not very effective against experienced players.

The overshield recharge may feel good, but in reality the standard shields recharge fast enough as it is. You can just jumpjet away and wait. If you are getting shot they won't help anyway. Pointless in my honest opinion.

Adrenaline Pump has been PROVEN to be utterly pointless and a complete waste of certs. See Exhibit A.