Where is the line between a suspiciously good player and a blatant cheater?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dictatorfish, Mar 31, 2013.

1. foesjoe

I never said I did. I just said that merely looking at the "head shot to kill ratio" and the number of kill assists doesn't tell you if somebody is hacking or not.

And I personally find it less frustrating to just assume that other people know how to play this game, rather than thinking that everybody is a hacker.

Unless it's absolutely clear that somebody is hacking (running around beneath the floor, instagibbing ESFs with standard rocket launchers, mowing down a whole squad with one magazine, etc.), you should just accept that there are people who are good / better at this game.
  2. ikillyou1990

No I did not see this guy hes talking about. I was simply posting that to show where the line ends as an answer to the question.
  3. Itermerel

I've only reported one player in this game for hacking, whom has VERY similar headshot stats to the the guy you posted. He is still running around over a month later so he's either legit or soe doesn't know that people can set their aimbot to miss sometimes... right now his current killboard says 21 out of 24 kills with vx6-7(carbine) were headshots...
  4. rumblepit

how older are 16? 17? kid ive been doing this for over 10 years, you think everytime i get killed i scream hacker then go check their stats and report them? i consider myself to a dammm good player, i have a 2.2 kd and i ONLY play infantry, i have spent over 1200 hrs in this game and i know it inside and out. i have never been wrong about a hacker in this game.... NEVER.... when you get some more time under your belt and your IQ goes up a few points you might be able to understand what i mean when i say i have a finely tuned BS detcor.
    im fighting against some of the best players in game on a daily bases .... like i said a good player is just as easy to spot as a hacker...
  5. rumblepit

took them 2 months to get beaver hunter, took them 3 months to get stormed,https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428010618039148401, it will happen
    one day you will login and say, ya no i havnt seen that hacking assshat in a few weeks now,and youll know its been taken care of

i really take great pride in catching these assshats, i wish i could display the names of all the hackers i have had banned on my armor.
  6. Itermerel

upon closer inspection, the person I reported about 2 months ago hasn't logged in since march 10...hopefully banned
  7. foesjoe

I think your mother dropped you on your head as an infant one time too many.
  8. rumblepit

there ya go:) sad part is nobody ever knows it happens... you bust your *** reporting these scrubs and then when they get the boot and you dont even know it has happen..... great work tho, keep reporting the scrubs
  9. rumblepit

youll get it one day kido.284 hrs played......... play another 1000 hrs then youll understand
  10. Guadoc

A couple of high BR guys on my server that I'm pretty sure were cheating haven't logged in since around that time as well so I'm wondering if they implemented something new around then and caught some people out. Or maybe the reports do get dealt with eventually.
  11. TRNCVS

I was in bio labs one day defending zerg vs zerg at night, it was past midnight maybe 3am. I was checking some players stats and came across a NC player rank 30 something with a similar record on his killboard. Back to back head shot killstreaks with maybe one or two non headshots. I reported just in case, I havent seen that player in months. Probably gone for good. I believe some cheaters are more careful than others and turn it on when they think not many will notice. He was using the starter heavy LMG.
  12. rumblepit

well they watch these player very closely and they try to learn from them and the hacks they use. this allows them to track down other players doing the same thing. after they figure out what they are doing and how they are doing they check all the known or suspected vips hackers and then comes the ban wave. they take them out all at once .
  13. USD

The killboard is handy for catching blatant stat padders.

Oh, you killed X player 43000 times in a row? Tell me how good you are.

Not that SOE ever bans those players.
  14. NachoFoot

Mostly headshots are an easy clue but the smart ones disable this option or use aimbot snap to body instead.

I would estimate 95-99% of all players with >3.0 k/d ratio use an aimbot or ESP hack at least. That much was proven in BF3.
  15. rumblepit

most players that are dedicated esf pilots and armor drivers have adv kd of 3, so this dose not apply to this game. you see dedicated infantry with a 3+ kd id say there is a 75% chance that person hacks
  16. LonelyTerran

Unless you are a Hackmax.
  17. ThePackage

He's on to us guys! Run!

I've only run into a handful of players that I could definitely say were hacking since the game was released. Sadly, I was accused everyday over the last weekend, at least a few times, of hacking. Some of the tells were hilarious in hind sight.

It's very difficult for people to admit they're simply not that good at FPS games for whatever reason.
  18. Rogueghost

I doubt any of the top players are cheating, with all the videos they post showing off their leet skills its pretty easy to tell they just play way too much.
  19. InMedeasRage

I felt like a loony reporting so many TR players on Waterson... but yeah, whip around with no deceleration to land three headshots. Or whip around and plant an auto-shotty on my face.

Those aren't subtle. Its the smelly kills that you don't reaaaaaaally have a clear indication that something is helping the player, but it all just looks too neat and easy and reliably repeated across your faction in the area.
  20. illgot

you do know you can record a playing session without recording the hacks? That you can toggle the hacks on and off at any time and make auto aim so slow and transparent it won't be noticed?

You also know that just having characters highlighted with hit boxes (that won't show while recording) is a huge advantage in this game?