Does the Vanu have a shotgun equivalent?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OddOstrich, Mar 31, 2013.

1. OddOstrich

Or something close to it? I've been looking through the weapons and it doesn't seem like it. Are we getting one soon? I'm so jealous of the NC and TR one-shot kills! xD
  2. bodmans

1. go to Utube, type in Planetside 2 vanu shotgun and see for yourself
    2. go to VR and try to re-enact what you saw, if nawt poosiible learn 2 aim
    3. rage about how OP shotty is on forums
  3. XDDante

yes they have i only know nova shotgun,but keep in mind they will get nerfed on the next update so i would wait until patch to see if they are worth...
  4. Joe-H2O

Of course they do - I die to them frequently, but not as frequently as the bane of my Piston-using existence, the Orion and Solstice.
  5. Atlien77

that's the Pandora.
    you can also search for Thanatos, Nova and Phobos
    • Up x 1
  6. OddOstrich

Oh sweet, I must have missed that! Thanks fellas!
    Is it really gonna get nerfed in the new patch? Dang. Thanks for the heads up Dante!

Oh...it's not for the infiltrator...That would explain why I missed it. I did think that would be too OP for infiltrators to have it, but I figured if LA did it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for infiltrators to have it. Guess I was wrong, oh well! Thanks again fellas!
  7. Otulien

Our stock HA and LA's weapons. U jelly?
  8. Joram

If you are getting killed by LMGs or carabines at cqb with a full auto shotgun you are doing it wrong.

The vs pump action shotgun is the Phobos.
  9. Joe-H2O

Oh no, you misunderstand me - in CQB the Piston is lethal and the hardest thing is wading through the bodies to get to the cap point. My problem is getting caught in the open where I can fire my Piston to make a scary sounding noise while on my way to tanking the floor with a head full of Solstice plasma rounds ;)
  10. Joe-H2O

Well, I wouldn't trade my Piston for them, despite dying to them a lot at range.

I'm getting better at "discouraging" enemy fire with my pistol when I'm legging it across open ground looking for a building to hide in - the map isn't all corridors and doorways, y'know :D
  11. VanuSovereignty

It is possible that only the pump-action shotgun will be nerfed.
  12. WycliffSlim

Why do I never run into such large groups of incapable enemies?
    • Up x 1
  13. crazyoldfart

They have yet to nerf the NV Max. All they said was another pass at shotguns. No guarantee what they will do if any.
  14. RHINO_Mk.II

The autoshotty had better get nerfed as well. The other two I'm fine with. Oh, and the Jokehammer could use another minor buff, say to clip size, while they're at it.
  15. Veri

Nova, Pandora and Phobos are the ones I know about from Vanu.
    I think there maybe more.

Either way those are the ones I have tried and liked the Phobos the most in it's current state.
  16. XDDante

they have to nerf pump action shotguns they are deadly at 20 meters that is not ok,also compared to full auto they are ohk when an auto is 2 hit kill but they have sane amount of damage at least that's what the in game stats show...
  17. KodanBlack

Thanatos, Nova, Pandora, Phobos...
  18. TeknoBug

Yes VS has the Phobos pump action shotgun, I picked it up on Friday with 2x SC and I still think it's r-tarded. I also have the Thanatos which is a more competent shotgun.

Devs should never have added pump action shotguns... /endrage.
  19. Xasapis

The VS have the following shotguns:

Semi auto:
    • Nova (bigger magazine)
    • Thanatos (faster reload)
    Auto:
    • Pandora
    Pump action:
    • Phobos
    • Deimos (not in game yet)