Defense XP Already

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dubious, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Dubious

There is NO point in defending, therefor, none is defending

Much better XP by letting the enemy capture the base, then we retake and so forth

To maximize xp, we should just communicate and then go in a circle, only taking bases
    TR takes NC, NC takes VS, VS takes TR, repeat, in a circle
  2. SenEvason

That's what happened when we had defense XP in beta. But instead of a circle, it was just a line. They just kept swapping ownership of the same base, over and over and over again.
  3. Aquilae

that makes no sense.
    "yeah we had a bonus for defending!"
    "therefor no one defended"
  4. SenEvason

Whoops my bad. I meant that they would just let it be taken and some tickets got raised, then just retook it. Altogether a boring battle. Especially when people teamkilled you for trying to defend the base.
  5. Joe-H2O

There already is XP for defending, just not for getting the bar back to full. You get a flat percentage boost on all XP in a zone you own (5%, 10%, 15% depending on base size) for all things that grant XP.

It should be higher, in my opinion, but then you'd have issues with XP farming with engineers simply shooting into the air and resupplying off each other (moreso than now).
  6. Tobax

People were crying that since beta (until they learnt different) but fact is from defending you'll get far more kills than attacking (or you should if your any good) and with the bonus percentage you earn a tonne of exp, thus why we've tried to spend all weekend defending biolabs with the double exp.
  7. DJPenguin

10 kills = 1 base
    5 kills = 1 tower
    2.5 kills = 1 outpost

and you're claiming it's quicker to get more xp by hex swapping? lol.
  8. KlyptoK

This thread doesn't make any sense. You get far greater score/hour by defending the right positions the right way, even without the boost that stacks on top of it.
  9. cfnz

I would argue this isn't strictly true, people do defend, it's just that it's more commonly a reactive defense. That is, people wait until a base is under attack before mounting the defense. Often it comes too late or people are too engrossed in their current battle to retreat to defend.

There's potentially many factors: a perceived lack of defensive reward, a more obvious capture reward, a lack of incentive to hold bases, lack of communication and organisation across the faction, player preference for action (large scale fights) over strategic goals.
  10. Dubious

What point you trying to make?
    Defenders get to kill people too...
    Attackers get another bonus when taking the base, defend bonus is negligible

Why go from Zurvan to Tawrich for defense when you get more XP taking some outpost..
  11. DJPenguin

you only get more xp for capping if you're a complete sh!tter and can't manage to score a few kills. it's really not that hard.
  12. SgtBreastroker

So defending bases with a 15% XP bonus isn't enough? Ontop of the current double XP?

I made over 400 certs in two hours defending Allatum against clashing zergs yesterday.
    • Up x 1
  13. DJPenguin

and myself grabbing 438 certs within an hour and a half attacking a tower. but it's quicker capturing hexes apparently.
  14. SenEvason

Hopefully with the hex/lattice system, it will be easier to mount defenses. My outfit tried to set up a defense at a base a couple days ago (turrets, AV mines, flash radar) only for the enemy to go to a different base altogether. There are so many options for attacking, that guessing where an enemy will attack next is difficult, and practically not worth the resources you lose if you are wrong.
  15. Dubious

What has double XP anything to do with this?

I don't care about certs or XP or kills
    I care about playing the game to the fullest
    Sadly, I'm in the minority in a world where score is everything..
  16. Simferion

The defense bonus is NOT 15% for all bases.
    I don't know why people continues to repeat it like a mantra.

Defense bonus depends on dimension of the base: Only Tech plant, Amp stations and Biolabs get a +15%. Towers get a +10%. Smaller outpost get +5%.

Defense bonus should be increased of another 5% or so and base layout should be better to make defense a real choice.
  17. Joe-H2O

Wait, you're complaining that there's no defence XP, then moaning that "score is everything", seriously?

Make up your mind. Is it important or not?
  18. Dubious

You're comment make no sense
  19. Joe-H2O

Score is directly linked to XP, and you're complaining that "score is everything" and that you're in a minority and don't care about that, yet you are crying that there is a lack of XP for defence.

So which is it?

If you really are that "minority" who doesn't care about (quote) "certs or XP or kills", then why are you complaining about a lack of XP for defending?
  20. Dubious

Still not making any sense..
    Read my comments again..

Short: I don't care about xp, I go defend, none else comes, we lose