OH MY GODDDDD

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Just nice, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Joe-H2O

I run everything on high at 2560x1440 using a 680MX (running stock, no overclocking) and I get 25 to 50 fps depending on where I am - in big fights my fps drops, but it's a CPU bound issue rather than the GPU.

I'm sure I could push it up over 60 easily by dropping down to 1080p, but since the CPU is the limiting factor in large fights I leave it up at 1440p because it looks nicer. Let it never be said I'm not a fan of eyecandy.

GPU physics gives me an approx 10fps hit at this resolution.
  2. xluryan

You're seriously jumping in the wagon with those other fools? How many people are there that still don't get the difference between 30 and 60+ FPS???

If you can't tell the difference, you're just not paying attention. Show me an article that says there is no difference between 30 and 60 FPS. I dare you.
  3. Bape

There is no difference and it fact. I Played Resident Evil 6 on max setting my laptop get 30-35 fps and my brothers computer get 95 fps and i couldn't tell the difference both smooth gameplay
  4. Yago

Seek a doctor or optician ? :p
    • Up x 6
  5. Bape

No don't need to anyone who dies and blame fps when it says 25-40 need to seek a doctor im not blinded by this myth that you need 50+ fps to enjoy a game. You guys must have been born in a time where high fps matter when in reality you only need 20+ fps to run the game smoothly.
  6. Chinchy

thats interesting I'm running the game just fine on my laptop, however I do have an i7 clocked at 3.8 OC to 4.6 and 2 680MX's OC'd as well. I average about 70-60 in giant fights and sitting at warpgate I flux from 130-90 I feel SOE has done a great job of optimizing.
  7. Wrek

need moar AMD opt.
  8. eldarfalcongravtank

large battles arent even bad for me. i can render large battles fine on my laptop (i7 3.1ghz, 8gb ddr3ram, gt540m 1gb vram) at medium details

however, i get tremendous slowdowns in front of and inside biolabs, amp stations and other big bases. that's why i typically avoid them and rather search for big open field battles. seriously, they gotta optimize that stuff
  9. xluryan

FIND AN ARTICLE THAT AGREES WITH WHAT YOU'RE SAYING. Otherwise everything you say is just completely wrong.

Especially when you say a game is running "smoothly" at 20 FPS. That indicates to me you really have absolutely NO IDEA what you're talking about.

Maybe YOU feel like you can play at 20 FPS. But whether you know it or not, there is a (significant) difference between 30- and 60+ FPS. If you actually cannot see it, you seriously should see an optician.
    • Up x 5
  10. GamerOS

You don't need more then 50FPS to enjoy a game, but it does certainly improve the quality.

Personally I will be happy when I can run this game in 30FPS+ in all situations, lower then that and fine fast movements start lacking frames...
  11. Cl1mh4224rd

You can't see the differences between the 30 FPS and 60 FPS lines in this animation? You can't see the difference here?

If not, good for you. Unfortunately, others can tell the difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS. I'm one of them. I can even see the difference between 60 FPS and 120 FPS, although it's quite small for me and I have to really be looking for it.

I take personal offense at your self-centered belief that, since you, personally, can't see a difference, then no one can see a difference. Some people see colors differently, but they're not stubborn enough to claim that everyone sees those colors the same way they do. You're just plain wrong. Get over yourself, please.
    • Up x 1
  12. HellasVagabond

guys any ini tweak to reduce fog and sun glare ?
  13. Oheck

40-50 fps is good. 30 is the minimum when it comes to acceptable fps. I think if you played on a system that allowed you to play 40 - 60 or more...you would be singing a different tune. The fluidity of movement is quite noticeable between 30 and 60.

Hell if you are playing at 25 fps consistently, 60 fps would be an amazing improvement in comparison. Trust me.
  14. Oheck

Um..20 fps is FAR from smooth. Anyone who says that isn't getting anything above 20 to begin with and has no idea.

I can tell you immediately when my fps drops from 60 to 30, because I can see it. I've been playin games since I was what, 13. I'm now 41. Maybe the eye gets trained over time to pick up on those subtleties. But I can tell you for certain if someone says you can't perceive more then 30 fps is wrong.
  15. Nocturnal7x

Allow me to reiterate my previous point.
  16. Mythiuz

Get your eyes checked brother. :p
  17. Bape

Get over myself because I can enjoy 20-40 fps and thinking it smooth? Don't be mad it fact if you cant enjoy a game that 25-40 fps and think it unplayable you need to see a doctor. If high fps matters then I don't know how i can even kill players with 60+ fps compared to my 25-30 fps must be all luck :rolleyes:. Hitman absolution on high i got 40 fps and max i got 25 fps guess what setting i played on? max because I couldn't tell the difference i could move fast and no slutter. Don't need to get all mad this is my opinion i just think older people here like higher fps because they "THINK" it matters.
  18. Cl1mh4224rd

You said this:

You obviously didn't think it was an opinion an hour ago. That, or you don't know what "fact" means.

Also, you didn't answer my question. Can you see the difference between the the 30 FPS and 60 FPS lines in the animated GIF I linked to?

Not that it really matters, though. As I said, good for you if you can't notice the difference. But don't you dare presume to tell everyone else that there is none and that they're just imagining things. That's an insult and offensive to those of us who actually can see a difference.
  19. Hadrekson

If by optimized, you mean that the game randomly drops from 40-50 fps to 0 fps every 30 seconds making it basically unplayable, then yea, SOE did an amazing job "optimizing" the game.
  20. Bape

This argument really has no point and I don't know how can this be an insult and offensive lol o_O. You need to calm down bra we are just talking about frame rates not your personal life lol.