Armor is getting totally out of control.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hrimnir, Mar 29, 2013.

1. LibertyRevolution

The NC would lose.. I have 40days of playtime as NC, when NC armor meets TR armor, NC armor gets destroyed.
    This is what happens:

Magrider got strafe, turbo, and Saron.
    Prowlers got 2 barrels, vulcan, and siege mode..
    Vanguard has a shield.. and no one shoots at a shielded vanguard, they wait 8 secs, then kill you.
    I know that I personally HATE the vanguard, driving a vanguard is an exercise in frustration..

I also feel that NC esf sucks..
    Mossie is faster, smaller, quieter.. It is the superior A2A ESF.
    Scythe falls like a feather, easily the most controllable air to ground platform.. Superior A2G ESF.

Most of the people that like to play armor, play as TR/VS.. I don't blame them, their vehicles are more fun.
    Most the NC uses armor and air as basic transport, and I can't blame them for that either.
    So its a double whammy, people that like vehicles play the other factions, and we are stuck with the worst vehicles.
  2. Rhyl

I've seen entire infantry crush 20 Armor with nothing but rockets, anti vehicle mines, and anti vehicle turrets.
  3. Hrimnir

Ok, since so many responses have been regarding HA's and how easy it is to take out tanks.

Explain to me how it is possible to get anywhere near the tanks, fire more than 1 rocket, or anything of the like, when you die within 2 seconds of exiting your spawn zone?

I totally get where you guys are coming from, armor CAN die very easily, very quickly. Air, especially ESF's get SHREDDED by AA, its almost a joke how bad. The problem arises when you have A ZERG.

The simple fact is there is a point where the armor/air support zerg reaches a size that is impossible to defend against.

Now, mostly i blame it on bad base design. If you take a look at a place like The Crown, you can't armor/air zerg that.

In just about every other base all you have to do is roll in half a dozen sunderers or more surrounded by roughly equivalent amounts of other tanks, and those sunderers will be able to get enough through to set up shop for the infantry to start suppressing the defenders ability to defend properly.

Honestly, my personal belief is an EXCELLENT fix to the problem is getting rid of this 1 spawn point per base garbage. Main Bases should have 2 spawn points, and im not including the outskirt ones like you find at biolabs and such. I mean inside the main "walls" multiple spawn points.

The second thing that needs to be done is defense turrets flat ***** need to be upgraded. Air turrets should be unkillable from below. Only Air or if you somehow got a tank above the level of the turret, or an LA or other infantry is able to get next to it to blow it up. This shooting AA turrets from a distance while tanks are driving up is ridiculous.

Same thing applies to anti tank turrets. They should be unkillable from the top down. You should have to be level or below them to cause any damage, or be an infantry, etc etc.

There is a reason NOBODY uses those turrets ever. Nobody ever goes "hey, we know this armor zerg just took a base south of us, lets set up some defenses cus we know they're coming in soon", because its pointless, you will get at most 3-5 shots off before your **** gets exploded by ESF's or tank shells.

The whole point of these bases is that an smaller group should be able to defend from a larger group. Thats simply not the case. You need at least 85-90% of the armor, infantry, and air support as the attackers to be able to properly defend a base. And because armor is so cheap to replace, you can't even wage a war of attrition on them. They just respawn, spawn a new tank, and drive back to the attack within 2-3 minutes.
  4. Kumaro

So to buff vehicles do this then. decrease the bullet drop on Tanks and add an anti spot function to stealth. So that the tanks are much harder to find on a distance. Done ...
  5. EliteEskimo

Today on Mattherson was a nightmare all around Esamir. It seems like every large battle with the NC is filled with the Phoenix's blue balls of light. What's more scary is I normally don't see the infantry I only see a giant rock or cliff that seems to be spawning them. I can't fire at the infantry, and approaching the cover they are behind gets me instagibbed before I can get close. I don't understand why they couldn't just nerf infantry damage without having to buff their vehicle damage since they were already good vehicle counters.

Anyhow, since the Phoenix's vehicle damage buff my tank only lasts a few minutes when fighting the NC. Basically the TR go out of their way to fight the VS more often because if we don't all tanks and infantry are forced to fight this (Fighting against the NC in a nutshell now)

I also know the NC get pulverized by our Strikers too

It's just another example of how easily armor is suppressed by infantry these days. Armor is easily taken out by many methods, just take your pick of a weapon of vehicular doom OP.
  6. Phrygen

no.... then engi would be best class for almost everything.
  7. CletusMcGuilly

It's sad that our (Waterson, that is) NC probably cant even spell AA, let alone pull some. And don't even get me started on our lack of air presence 90% of the time.
  8. Xind

NC complaining about ARMOR after the Phoenix was introduced?

:eek:
  9. Locke

Tanks jump in deadliness a massive amount dependent on if they are A. using both cannon and turret, B. being played by skilled players who are communicating and C. are well certed out.

You really cant compare that to your average player in a 1/2 poorly certed tank or with a random player on the turret.
  10. Lopshot

All that video shows is (Absolute Lack Of Situation Awareness)

1) TR had high ground
    2) Your tanks where coming across an open lake
    3) So combine, no situational awareness, TR high ground, you on open lake, plenty TR-HA firing rockets, mosquito's & Liberators above... Result no more tanks.

Ohh I almost forgot, it was an obvious 3-way going on with Scythe's strafing your tanks. So WHERE in that video does it show The All Mighty OP Prowler ?
    • Up x 2
  11. Copasetic

No, it's very possible to defend against, the problem is nobody bothers to set up that defense. If you get a platoon set up on a hill or in a base with bursters and HA then no armor zerg is coming anywhere near it without getting obliterated, even if it's twice the size. The problem is getting the zerg to actually do this. It's easy to get a zerg to pull tanks and drive to the next base, that's the natural thing to do after you've just captured something. It's really hard to get a zerg to set up a defense at the next base to get hit before that enemy zerg reaches it. In fact with the current map it's almost impossible, because everyone just ***** off in different directions, usually to wherever the biggest fight is right now.

Hopefully this new lattice map will help, at least then you'll have a good idea of where that armor zerg is heading next. And hopefully this comes with changes to the spawn system to keep people from just spawning all over the map like they do now. You want to direct people to set up a defense against the incoming zerg, not to go join your own empire's zerg for easy steamrolling.

As for right now, the next time you find yourself getting overrun by an enemy armor zerg I want you to look around at the number of friendlies around. Really compare your numbers against the enemy. You might find that they outnumber you 4:1, because very few people bother to defend anything. And that's why you get steamrolled, not because armor is too powerful but because you're badly outnumbered. Save yourself the frustration and just redeploy somewhere else. Territory doesn't mean **** anyway right now, just go wherever is the most fun.
  12. Veri

So many posters who come here to rage and act as if their server is the only one in existence.
    The situation is on the server YOU play on, not for every other server out there.
  13. hansgrosse

Vehicle kills are worth so much XP these days that I'm generally ecstatic at how many are used in this game.

Giant, moving cert pinatas, they are.
    • Up x 1
  14. NovaAustralis

This. So much.
    If a platoon manned all the turrets provided at an Amp Station and/or Tech Plant with an Engineer or two in each tower... you'd never cap that place. (Same with having an engy and medic team on each generator)
    But everyone just ignores the turrets, lets them get blown up and then soon after, in a predictable fight, gets rolled by the zerg...
  15. Pemtaphalon

This! I play LA in a Skyguard because I gave up with normal cannons that infantry can ignore, whenever I see an infantryman I just jump out fly over him whilst he targets my tank and kill him, easier then sitting there slowly being rocketed by a guy you just can't seem to kill despite landing hits
  16. SolLeks

lol no they would not. they don't get the over shield for close combat and the LMGs are fairly good on top of that.
  17. Mr.Vancassy

Lol this, I have to hit infantry literally directly to get a kill in a Vanguard with AP, Heat allows for about a 60 centimetre blast radius to kill infantry in one shot.

Pretty funny since it's a giant cannon.
  18. LowTechKiller

Hahahahahaha....THIS!
  19. LowTechKiller

For all of you who started your posts with " I don't understand..."

[IMG]

If this were the game, we'd immediately be flooded with posts such as...

RED HAS to be nerfed!!!! RIght NOW
    Red is SOOOOOO OP!!!!!
    Marx Toys got it right, but Mattel has it all wrong....!!!
    THIS is what happens when ALL the Devs play RED...!!!

Seriously? You don't understand yet?
  20. Phrygen

mheh. Engi would still be to strong. There is a reason they dont get anit air or direct anti tank weapons. Cause they dont want the people driving and piloting to have access to them