Official Phoenix Launcher Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Mxiter

Are pretty bad agains base turrets
  2. Major

Pheonix can be out run, side stepped, shot down, useless against air, and 300 meter range, maybe instead of calling for nerfs, you should have been calling for buffs, for your own launchers.
  3. Major

But we would have perfect balance, across all spectrums, and people wouldn't need to think outside the box, come up with strats and plans, we could just have the same plans constantly, maybe the ESRL's should all be the same, but with different textures, maybe instead of looking at what factions don't have, look at what you do have and learn to use it to your advantage.
  4. Kaon1311

Nowhere in my post have i asked for any kind of buff or nerf, are you so tainted by reading nerf posts that you see them in every post?

Like I wrote, i was asking for clarification.
  5. Major

That's all there ever is for NC weapons, even when we were nerfed into the ground, OMG NC has a new toy get the troops to the fourms to call foul, it's a never ending annoying cycle, then the weapon goes through constant stages of nerfs and buffs, nerfs and buffs, for months, you'll have to excuse my frustration at it, because it never ends.....
  6. Frigidus

The Phoenix gets its ridiculous and obviously broken infantry farming nerfed in exchange for a further buff to vehicle damage, and people are still upset? Jesus Christ. It is still hands down the best ESRL, no competition. The only difference now is you can't coast your way to that 20:1 kill death ratio.

Oh, and for those complaining about the Striker, it requires you to stand out in the open for 8+ seconds looking down your scope (as opposed to fire and forget with the annihilator) and has hilariously bad pathing that results in anyone that knows what they're doing negating the single advantage it has: maximum potential damage. Even when the stars align and everything goes perfectly, it only does 133% of the damage that an annihilator would have done in the same amount of time. Joyous day! At best, the Striker has a use.
  7. NucNuc

You should learn to read and not pretend that you are cool..
    It is nice that you have an epeen like 1000. I don´t play snipers because i am bad at it. But i have killed many snipers kneeing somewhere, so I assume it is rather common. And as my comment 1 page ago suggests, it is not me whose gameplay is (was) ruined by the phoenix, but i understand that some people (across all factions) aren´t always on the move and their gameplay is ruined by a "from-cover-sniper".

You shouldnt be frustrated that your enemy isn´t frustrated anymore. It is better for the game.
    Since they buffed the AV damage it is a viable RL now.
    And since you are so great, come, make a video with a Lancer and show us how good you are... dammit, people who view things from a different perspective- not seen these days.
  8. Jack Gates

I'd love for all of you saying that the Phoenix rocket can be shot down to actually try shooting one down. While it is a documented feature it's literally impossible to do. A guy in my outfit emptied entire magazines into the phoenix projectile and got no hits. He then went on to tag a liberator easily.
  9. Cadium

This is my real beef with the Phoenix.

From the Crown to TI Alloys.

I, as a sniper, with a Parallax, should not be out sniped by a person hiding behind a rock. That is just stupid.
  10. SgtBreastroker

You should not be standing still then. Besides, in order to actually snipe from TI to the Crown you need to be standing on the very edge of that cliff face.
  11. Kaon1311

I have read this reply in several posts in one form or another.
    Do you realise you are saying the best defence from the pheonix launcher is to not stop moving.
    Think about it.
  12. Cadium

I generally don't stay still. I come from the world of Halo 1. Where the sniper rifle had no recoil. And you had to strafe side to side to not get pegged.

I still use that, and I combine it with cloaking. Coming out only to fire. Very rarely do I actually get out sniped by another sniper, and to which I can give credit to.

I cannot give credit to a rocket that may or may not render launched from someone behind a rock. Sorry.
  13. SgtBreastroker

Well, yeah, it is slow, maneuvers heavily, can't do any rapid turn arounds, no splash. Getting indoors could work too.

Same with the best defense against the Striker is to move towards things which can obstruct the missile leading path.
  14. Zenith

This is true. It's very difficult to hit a moving target, especially if that target is moving erratically. Campers? Much easier of course, but no more OHK, so again the whine is redundant.
  15. Imortalvalk

It's got the nerf people were calling for and still people complain? I really feel sorry for the devs that have to try and make some of these people happy. It is good against hidden and retreating vehicles, can now only take out infantry that are stupid enough to be sitting still after already being hit or the very unlucky ones that are running away but get hit in the back. Can take down pilots that are silly enough to hover below 300 meters and sit relatively still. This to me now sounds like a fair weapon. All the esr's have their own advantages. None of them are overpowered now imo.

TLDR: Shut up and let the devs fix things that actually need fixing, I am a VS player and I dot see a reason to nerf this rocket.
  16. SgtBreastroker

The people who are complaining now actually have a legimimate reason to. This makes the Phoenix the only rocket launcher that can't OHK infantry with direct impact.

Now the Phoenix travels slow (slower than ESF, Lib and Gal), shines a bright blue, makes a loud whining sound as it travels, has no splash at all and maneuvers really heavily. This already makes other launchers a more viable option over the Phoenix.

Did SoE stop thinking with the nerf?
  17. Shockwave44

No one cares. They had their fun killing thousands of infantry. Suck it up.
  18. Imortalvalk

Really? Seems fine to me when I play on my NC guy, and i thought the lancer could not ohk infantry, or anything else for that matter. Also i don't think lock on launchers can hit infantry either, you may say that's because its lock on, but every other launcher that can do it is dumbfire, why should the phoenix be able to when it is a guided missile.
    • Up x 1
  19. "ZERO"

The launcher takes 7-8 shot to kill inf (plus a reload), or two charge shots at 18 sec, and it shows where you are, and cant hit inf. size targets over 300m away, so yeah let me cry over your launcher that acctually works and can stil damage inf, or at least be use full, come play VANU, i'll like you to use the GLancer and SpLasher for a day, then come back and tell me what you think of them.
  20. "ZERO"

Sorry it should say Lancer at the start not Launcher :)