Tried to bring people into this game...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jachim, Mar 27, 2013.

1. PapaJones

It might be that Konfuz is referring the old style FPS to somewhat like crysis. I could use some nitro too then.
    I have no problems with phoenix whatsoever, haven't been killed once in last 16 hours of gameplay after GU.

In fact I was even able to raise knife kill count per hour. It's simple: before ESL there were only snipers staring into weapon optics and standing still for extended periods of time, now NC heavies have joined them. They control the rocket and I control my knife in their head.
    Fantastic!

Oh and btw.
    In PS1 I was killed like 10 times in a row first time I logged on, didn't really bother me much, been playing it for next 2 years and now into PS2.

.... oh and OP guess what...
    I FARM BR1s NOW, cause it's fun, they are tasty and innocent.
  2. hansgrosse

^^^^THIS. I'd love empire-specific attachments and whatnot for common pool vehicles instead of more infantry weapon shenanigans.

Instead of a double-barreled HEAT cannon, might I suggest a higher-magazine-capacity, more accurate version of the G30 Vulcan gun? THAT would be amazing.
    • Up x 1
  3. Garzin

And the slow cert gain, that would kill any sense of accomplishment.
  4. Pemtaphalon

You'll have to forgive my lack of TR knowledge as I have only played VS/NC, but seriously, we have enough guns, after all the vehicle nerfs why not give them at least a little more adaptability
  5. Forkyar24

he played 5 mins and then loged out,you need to play a week at least if your a new player before giving up,you should teach him tactics and take him to the VR.
  6. Gisgo

Very good point. I was about to reply something like that too.
    Im NC so im not on the receiving end of phoenixes but i think an AI rocket launcher is a bit lame.
    However, if it wasnt a phoenix it was an ESF, or a tank, or a sniper, or a friendly... it takes a bit of patience to understand how to stay alive for more than 10 seconds.
  7. RaZz0R

IMO... you failed your friend and this game.

What you should have done is got him in to the VR - allowed him to try out all the guns and tanks, planes etc etc.

Then he would have understood about how each faction has their own type of weapons.

After that you should have taken him to some low pop fights till he got in to it and then moved to a large fight.
  8. Torok

RadarXCommunity Relations

[IMG]
    New
    cut
    • Phoenix rocket effects will show at a longer range.
    • Phoenix damage has been adjusted in the following way:
      • Increased damage against all vehicles.
      • Reduced damage against infantry.
    • cut
  9. Pemtaphalon

It doesn't help that whenever my friends join they are sent into a battle which oddly enough seems to always be on the closing stages where a whole force of friendlies is locked inside the spawn room and stepping outside is impossible, it's one thing to throw people in the deep end, but to throw them in wearing concrete shoes and a pocket full of rocks is a tad overkill, just send them to the warpgate so they can adjust their settings, get their bearing, play around with different classes etc then grab a squad and head out for the first time
    • Up x 1
  10. Gisgo

The game is obviously lacking a tutorial and not exactly noob friendly but you should teach your friend what to do (redeploy) and what to not do (getting camped).
    It takes a few days at least, and logging out doesnt help.
  11. Aisar

If he was willing to give up that easily and throw away a whole new experience so quickly then that is his problem. We already know the Phoenix is being fundamentally changed as soon as Higby and the devs can fix the issues with it. Bad circumstances I guess, as soon as the fixes and new cam are implemented they won't be killing infantry so easily ;)
  12. Pemtaphalon

I just crack the whip and they stick around lol, but we all went through it, you get dropped in the middle of no where, look around to figure out where you are and what you are doing then BAM! dead, at least you don't get hot dropped anymore, but I'm sure they are working on a tutorial-esque system, again the warpgate or VR would be the best and in my eyes the most obvious place to drop noobies
  13. Aisar

This game is so harsh to noobs it's ridiculous. It took me a couple weeks just to memorize large bases back when the minimap was a cluster of crazy that just confused me and might as well have not existed. Hopefully they get a better system in place for new players.
  14. Gisgo

VR doesnt help much, you get out of it thinking you know the game because you tested all weapons for hours.
    Then, the real battlefield :eek:
  15. Konfuzfanten

Its the vehicle and no pop cap thats the main "problem" - Going outside of spawnrooms getting hit by a barrage of aoe from MBTs, LIBs and ESFs are a pretty new thing if you are accustomed to CS/UT and more old style FPS's. Yea you got spawn camping in those games but you could pretty much take out the spawn camper with a 2 man rush. As a new player you cant really touch a good player in a vehicle.
  16. Aztecoatl

Doesnt really matter tho . NC will just shoot in the middle of a fight now and will hit people on low HP . Awesome as it is , I give 2 years max for this game and then its just gonna be vets on 1 server left ..
  17. Otleaz

I would reassure him by explaining that any sane individual would have made the same decision. Continue by telling him that even if he did give it another chance, it would take a miracle for him to get deeply enough invested in the game to ignore any problems that he might have with the game without running into said problems and being permanently turned off.
  18. Goretzu

That's no different to the last few months of Prowler spam (or even Prowler spam I encountered 5 mins ago in game).

PS2 is certainly harsh for a new player, it really needs some tutorials, but the first lesson you always have and always need to learn is to find cover and find it quickly.

And if you're being spawn-camped to the point you can't get out either stay inside the shields and farm or just redeploy.
  19. Pie Chasm

So a cry about the phoenix.

New players die instantly to:

Snipers

HE

Rockets (of ANY kind)

Dalton

Shotguns

Mines

Grenade launchers

Really... I mean.. COME ON.
  20. Dynay

In this thread, someone takes a complete newb to the most heavily populated, spammy and chaotic area in the game and is surprised when said newb repeatedly dies to enemy fire while being completely confused.

Then this someone proceeds to blame this entire event on a rocketlauncher.

Good going there buddy.