Phoenix whiners please watch this

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Spartan3123, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Nurf3d

Infil is my most played class, you only get countersniped if you sit in one position....relocation relocation relocation, it's one of the most basic rules of Sniping. You cannot shoot the Phoenix vertically then 90 degree it then 90 degree it again to hit someone on the other side, the weapon doesn't work like this...personally I use my Pheonix to harras tanks and sundys, but when I read these posts it just makes me want to goto the crown and cert farm with it.
  2. Rustler

No, Im just a man testing out a weapon which according to lots of people is hard to kill infantry with so I belived them

I think they were wrong.
  3. Choggo

Ok TR players have no grounds to ***** here, and any NC/ VS pilot will stand behind me on this.

Yes the phoenix is useful vs infantry but so is every rocket, the engy AV Turret one shot infantry, so do dumb fire rockets, its just harder, the Phoenix has some nice perks, do I personally think they should be used so much at AI, no, but then it needs a buff to another aspect because then it would only be good vs vehicles and slow close aircraft.

The striker is a hell of a lot more versatile than the phoenix, and I would gladly trade you, as a Pilot I don't see the striker missiles, and all 5 missiles take a huge chunk out of vehicles.

TR ********, kiss my butt. The VS should be the ones ********.
  4. Keryk

To see how the Phoenix is used i prefer this video

5. stalkish

Funny you write that after loggin onto NC to TK phoenix users because your obviously angered gettin killed by them, hypocrite mean anything to you?
    Also your title 'you live by the phoenix you die by the phoenix' is blatantly a flase statement since you kill everyone from snipers to medics with it. Sad to see some1 so deeply detached from the world that they would go to this extenet to win at a computer game.

EDIT: Response to thread: Remove phoenix ability to 1 shot kill, and the other lauchers while your at it rockets should be AV not AI in this game, i dont care about realism i care about balance, like i said before if you want realism next time you die delete your character and start again, no respawning in real life.
  6. Joe-H2O

Ok, now put on flak armour. Now the bolt action can OHK a target that the Phoenix can't.

Oh no, the tables have turned again! Up is down! Left is right! Cats and dogs living together! Mass hysteria!
    • Up x 1
  7. Hosp

Yeah, we had to deal with 2 empire swappers TKing our batteries we setup last night.
  8. BennyB

OP gets 10/10 for this troll attempt.

Or he's just a complete idiot.

Either way!
  9. stalkish

Lol pathetic isnt it m8, worst part is if theyd use their f*cking heads and flanked properly theyd get **** loads of kills from NC who are in camera mode. I guess reasonable thought escapes most of these people.
  10. Joe-H2O

TKing dicks have nothing to do with whether the Phoenix needs to be adjusted. We all suffer from it. My first hour of playing the other day was "friendlies" using C4 on my bus to get it out of the way so they could deploy, or simply getting shot in the back deliberately before breaching a room because I might "steal" some kills from the small squads capping the base.

I then appear to have started a beef with one of them for /telling him that he should probably shoot the TR and VS because you get more XP that way :) He spent about half an hour trying to grief me, and then he saw me again the day after when he got into my bus, realised who I was and then got out and started shooting it with the Shrike. For some reason he stood right in front of me so I accidentally ran him over as I was moving the bus up to a deploy spot.

Esamir can be a pain in the *** sometimes.
  11. xGreedFuSioN

Except flak armor doesn't protect any damage from direct hits.
  12. Rustler

I logged in at NC because I believed NC that the phoenix was gonna suck and I wouldn't be able to kill anybody, I guess they were wrong.

As for the title, I just like it.....Most NC are pro phoenix by what I see in the forums so the title fits it perfectly.

And I agree with yoru last statement...Phoenix and all rocket launchers shouldn't 1 shot kill.
  13. Ganen

if this is a troll post, I give it a 10/10
    if not, I am astonished of how a player can come to the forums with a straight face and make these arguments...

what actually has the most nerve? to come here, post a video that shows a player sniping people with a anti armor rocket launcher with relative ease and claim a weakness for its absence of SPLASH DAMAGE, OR actually have the nerve to make arguments that it SHOULD do what it does cuz SNIPER RIFLES, you know actual anti infantry weapons, do so with a much harder learning curve and much less efficiency...

I'd put that to a vote in this thread, cuz I honestly... wow... have no idea.
  14. Exoz

how about you watch this?

on 2nd thought, how about everyone go watch this?

Monumental design failure

15. PLooschacK

Comapring Phoenix to Bolt Action Sniper Rifles or Dumbfire Basic Launchers is invalid. Why? Becosue every faction has access to those tools and it makes it balanced. Sniper can be kiled by other snipers. Dumbfire rocketeers can be killed by other Dumbfire Rocketeer. Not to mention both, SNiper and Rocketter can be killed while they are firing. Phoenix users are not. Phoenix makes NC the only faction with a weapon that can OHK that is fired from a safe location and can be dead-accurate.

If, for example, VS Lancer would work like Rail Gun from Red Faction (for those who didn't play RF - that Rail Gun had in-game ability to fire through walls and terrain) - it would be completly different issue, as the Phoenix pilot would be in danger while piloting his missile. Or if SOE would add some kind of Mortars, so you can fire barrage over the hill to kill HA... But it is how it is. NC HAs can sit behind the hills and farm enemies from a safe spot. And please, stop repeating the argument about being sitting ducks while piloting the Phoenix. Sitting duck can't be killed if there's no Line of Sight to it.

Pheonix OPness is not the matter of how it works. It's the matter of how tools of other two faction DON'T work. And the options that all faction possess.
  16. ARCStormtrooper

I enjoyed myself quite thoroughly with the Phoenix last night, shooting around, over/under, and under/over bridges to avoid getting my missile shot down. It was hard because a LOT of my missiles got shot down. Primarily from a Skyguard I think. I was aiming for a small condensed area near a bridge where enemy troops dug in. Here's what I found:

1. It is hard as heck to kill infantry that moves even slightly! Leg shots do NOT OHK!
    2. No splash damage! I mean I miss my target where I can still see his foot at the right most edge of my camera right before impact and he will take NO DAMAGE WHATSOEVER!
    3. One Skyguard or ScatterMAX can create an effective shield against these rockets. Two, and you will have to do some clever stuff to get one past them. I tried coming in high, going around the bridge hugging the wall, under the bridge to come out of the ravine, and numerous times I was shot down.
    4. This weapon is fun! But its mainly for harassment. However...
    5. This weapon is fantastic against manned Mana/Mana AV turrets! OHK that destroys both the turret and the soldier manning it. Engineer's worse nightmare!
    6. When you actually kill a foot soldier, there is a sense of accomplishment because this thing is wobbly. Especially when you hit them in the face (I did with a MAX -- not a OHK) or the back of the head (A medic -- OHK).
    I wouldn't change anything more with it though the NV would be cool.
  17. Sebyos

Wow people are really defending the fact that you can 1 shot infantry with a guided rocket ?! You guys are so biased it's discusting.

The rocket doesn't render is too fast too shoot anyway.

The vehicle used to make the rocket was apparently a huge ******* flash. Ok it doesn't have splash, but damn the hit box is large enough to make up for mistakes.

Then you even compare the rocket launcher with a sniper rifle ?!

OP your video was ****, and I got no respect for stupid people like you.
  18. UnrealGaz

thasts because the striker can only hit vehicles its doing its INTENDED PURPOSE if the nc would couldent stop snipeine infantry the phoenix wouldent be so far behind at all.

infantry are far less exp.