Today was the day I became NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Edmon, Mar 27, 2013.

1. MurderBunneh

Because 20v30 would have worked out differently for the NC if they were attacking the Crown right?
  2. MurderBunneh

If they want to replace our Maxes shotguns with dual SAW's I would be ok with that.
  3. Pemtaphalon

I must admit I question if people would prefer it if we removed all Empire Specific weapons and vehicles, do what other games used to do, red faction, blue faction, purple faction, would that be better? no difference but the colour? but yeah, take our shotguns, give use machine guns like the other MAX's and everyone would be happy....save for the people who spent certs on shotguns
  4. -Synapse-

According to the lore, a lot of the NC troops are actually former TR officers. I guess they really wanted that bonus check all the NC kept yelling about mid-battle.
  5. TintaBux

Your post is even a bigger fail though. Especially your OP. NC worse faction, you got beat by organization and now you want to join proper organization, which you obviously did not have.
  6. Phrygen

Reaver still sucks....

and vanguard isn't that great frankly. Thing is so slow. Its good in tank fights though

faction hopping is good idea though if you don't 'have an outfit. No reason not to.
  7. MurderBunneh

It is what people want. Let me throw out a hypothetical. People seem to be defending the PAS saying "learn tactics noob" etc etc.
    But if you took the PAS and gave its stats to the Jackhammer they forums would be drowning in tears.It's ok because everybody has it. Not because it is balanced.
    Everybody wants to have the same thing they won't be happy until there is absolutely nothing left to cry about when they die and even then they will starting crying about the colors of the uniforms.

That being said this game has no test server and changes must be made when new things are added.
  8. Badname82

Striker makes more xp/hr then the phoenix. If you were smart youd stay TR and destroy vehicles with the striker instead.
  9. Rudette

Good riddance.

Death to the traitors!
    • Up x 1
  10. Edmon

You see, this is a post about options not power. But too many in here are obessed with power.
    You have a less powerful option to the striker, it's called the annihilator.
    We don't have a less powerful alternative to the pheonix or the scatmax, we don't have choices.

If TR had similar weapons, even if they were 20% or 30% weaker, I would still **** with them. Hell, I was 25-16 during the battle anyway, but my team mates weren't as good as I am, but then I don't expect them to be because I am Ex-pro.

The bottom line is one of situational choices in weaponary. NC has all the cards here, both up close (Scat), at a distance (Pheonix) and in the air (Airhammer). Naturally, they have all the normal things too. LMG's, Dumbfires and Rotary.
  11. drNovikov

That's because TR are so used to prowlerspam that they literally don't know what to do when they are not farming a spawn room sitting in their cowardtanks at a safe distance.

You can't just drive your tank column inside the Crown, dude. I've been defending it 2 squads vs 2 platoons, without TV missles. Also, when I want to destroy a sunderer, I grab my C4 and a dumbfire launcher, it is just more effective. 2C4 + 1dubrocket = instagib, nothing left to repair. That's not TV missles, there's another reason for your loss:

1. TR zergs are usually unable to fight as infantry, because they spent too much time farming spawnrooms.

2. The Crown is defensible, so TR zerg usually cannot just drive in and start farming a spawnroom.

Pro tip: try parking closer that 100 meters and close to an obstacle. Phoenixes are not very maneuverable, so they can't hit you when you are too close. They just can't perform a nesessary turn. Also, most NC are not geniuses, they don't know when they need to switch to a dumbfire launcher. They will keep trying to snipe you with Phoenixes, they will fail and they will remain useless, because Phoenix sniping does not help the team to capture points or blow up enemy sunderers.
    • Up x 1
  12. Shockwave44

He never said he attacked the crown.
    • Up x 1
  13. Edmon

Don't tell them, it's helping me work out which people actually fully understand the sentances I actually wrote, instead of the ones they imagine I wrote.
  14. {joer

Powler farming infantry in open bases was nothing like this.
  15. {joer

Haha its cute that you think that would actually work.
  16. Ash87

This is, pretty much, the one reason I will be buying the dual flamethrowers.

They might be horrible weapons, with a range of 1 ft... But I still still be having waaaay too much fun.
  17. HadesR

Depends if you were the one farming or being farmed ...
  18. Zaik

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ZOSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&f=true&noheader=true&gid=22

specifically, this:

NS-10 Flamethrower
    Added. Damage does not incur falloff and is not subject to the same damage mitigation as normal bullets. Max projectile range is 15m (300ms lifespan at 50m/s).

If it works off explosion resistance rather than bullet(or neither) it'll be better anti-max weaponry than scattercannons.

Two hacksaws put out 1716 dps against a stock MAX assuming every single pellet hits, while flamethrowers would put out 2400 dps against a stock MAX if they work off explosion resistance and 3000 if they don't.
  19. Dawgpound12

Dang easy mode 4th faction NC..
  20. Pat Cleburne

Ahhhh, theres my little muddlebunny. I wondered when you would chime in.