An F-22 Raptor will completely destroy any Auraxis ESF,Stop focusing on wut doest make sense!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rustler, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Wintermaulz

I edited my post cuz i just realized what you were getting at :rolleyes:
  2. Rustler

Actually according to the Planetside 2 wiki, they are " air superiority fighter"

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Reaver

So the comparison is not really that off sense the F22 raptor is that

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_superiority_fighter

Also BFR's did exist in planetside which are giant robots.
  3. Malebranche

An F-22 Raptor has yet to enter combat because... it doesn't work. At least an ESF can fight.:rolleyes:
  4. Yoroi

Do not forget that conditions on Auraxis are vastly different from conditions on Earth. There are friggin nanites in the air! Who knows, maybe if go you faster than 300 kmph the friction and microcollisions with nanites will simply tear you apart. And this might also be the reason behind the ridiculous bullet drop (although then there should be a velocity drop as well).

Long story short - our rules do not apply to Auraxis.
  5. Rustler

nanites in the air, link?

Yeah I thought about our rules not applying auraxis, Im sure gravity feels much different as well.

But I still don't think their tech will be that crappy considering they used wormholes.
  6. Nyscha

The maps are too small.
    A B17 in real life could fly at 300mph.
    That means he could fly around Auraxis like 40 times.
  7. Yoroi

Where do you think nanites go when vehicles deconstruct or explode, or when a body of a fallen soldier deconstructs?
    Where are the medic and engineer tools getting their juice from? (Yes, they have generators on the back, but a generator needs fuel, so that generator basically is a converter and programming tool - from "neutral" and idle nanites in the air to "friendly" nanites with a certain task)
    How is self-repair working on vehicles? (after all, to repair a hole you need something to repair it with)
    • Up x 1
  8. Rustler

Again link....or are you just assuming this, it actually makes some sense.
  9. Yoroi

More or less assuming. A large tank cannot just disappear, all that mass has to go somewhere. Engineers cannot hand out bullets and build turrets infinitely - that mass has to come from somewhere. It is logical to assume that this mass is flying around doing nothing, especially considering the level of technology involved.
  10. phreec

Hurr hurr real life counterparts durr. :rolleyes:
  11. Zaik

VTOL =/= jet

more importantly, video game.
  12. Jeralamo

The ESFs only go 200mph because the continent is not big enough. They only go 200mph for gameplay reasons. Crossbows in this game can't be justified like the ESFs can. What if they wanted to add a Calvary class in the game and tried to justify them by saying they are quieter then ATVs and tanks. Would that be ok by you? It crossbows and horses could work but they don't fit in
  13. Revel

Planetside doesn't have realism, and its right not to want it. A truly realistic military sim of this nature would not be fun. This game takes place in something like 2670, I'm thinking capital class space ships with railguns bombarding enemy positions from orbit. Stealth aircraft dropping smart munitions from the edge of space. No one wants to be on the receiving end of that.
  14. GSZenith

Real life!
    just felt like bringing it up again.

15. Bodido

Real life. If only he could do it while carrying carrying his SCAR, an RPG, and AT mines......
    • Up x 1
  16. Memeotis

I still think it's amazing the extent to which SOE has boxed themselves in by making a aircraft that fits so many roles simultaneously. It has made it impossible to balance, boring to play, and it's existence renders the implementation of other types of combat aircraft pointless.
    • Up x 1
  17. DuckSauce

Complete with ridiculous camo pattern; it must be an ESF!
  18. Compass

I even made a Giraffe Camo variant!
  19. Lucidius134

20. Lucidius134

you forgot the awful controls.

I tried to like the helicopters in that and the controls are so F*CKING BAD.