TR Striker

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nurf3d, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Nurf3d

TR striker squad set up next to warpgate ontop of mountain .... NOTHING can leave warpgate without being shot down, but oh hell no the QQ NC Phoenix ...get a grip already.
    • Up x 1
  2. Alien51

Phoenix and Lancer both need a buff.

But please leave the Striker alone.
    • Up x 3
  3. Tekuila

We never wanted annihilator 2.0.
    • Up x 5
  4. Gary

Leave the warpgate on foot, get within range ( they are heavies with lockon launchers they are not going to be sniping you) Find a bit of cover at an out cropping near the bottom of the hill and phoenix away...

Anything camped outside the warp gate in huge numbers is a problem but the problem can be over come.

Both the Phoenix and Lancer are seeing some changes, Nothing on if the Striker will see some changes.

Phoenix - Reducing infantry damage but increases AA damage, Will not 1 shot infantry and going after the hovering ESF's/Liberators will definitely be worth it. Looking at the possibility of allowing the rocket to fly straight after the user losers control.

They cannot increase the range you have control of the weapon further without causing the player to have to face a loading screen. This could change in the future as the servers and hardware and event he way the launchers work change.

Lancer - Is getting a Charged damage buff and a Charge speed buff along with fixing the issue so players can switch from ADS to Hip fire whilst charging

Also worth noting that all factions have access to a alternative for the striker in the form of the annihilator it works in exactly the same way with the advantages of longer range at the cost of reduced damage. The striker locks at a shorter distance but has more damage. However this damage is split among 5 rockets and causing some of them to hit the environment really hurts the Damage.

TR/NC get no alternative to the Lancer, TR/VS get no alternative to the Phoenix, NC/VS get an alternative to the striker (Annihilator)
    • Up x 8
  5. Nurf3d

I don't think you understand to scale this rock outcrop you need to be LA and it takes 7-8 regens to get to the top...you cannot make 90 degree turns with the Phoenix, so I cannot shoot vert then make a right angle... if you do hit something with a Phoenix then their medics just rez, 1 squad is not huge numbers.
  6. Doublefrost

TR's Striker feels like the closest port of a weapon from PlanetSide out of all of the guns in PlanetSide 2 so far. Closest to the pre-nerf PS1 Striker, anyway. History is no doubt waiting to repeat itself, so don't worry. A time will come when it resembles the post-nerf Striker much more closely than it does now.
  7. Roland0077

Attack the squad with a Stealth equiped PPA/Breakerpodded ESF (not sure on faction) obv with flares equipped. Fly in super low or super high, wipe the floor with them as they try to lock on once you get in range, as soon as they shoot pop flares and boost up a little. Proceed to Pod/PPA them down some more. Once lockon flashes again turn tail and run. GG Striker squad

EDIT: just dont forget if they do launch any missiles as ur running, unless you know u can make it to the WG in time, just aim down and boost for 1.5s and the missiles will smash their faces into the ground
    • Up x 1
  8. Nurf3d

People defending the Striker just lol...
  9. Gary

Sure you cant fire it straight up and then angle it in quick enough but you can fire it up and away from the cliff slightly to give yourself a better angle of approach. In other words use a curved approach instead of vertical climb. Do it for a bit if the medics are still reviving get a couple of more guys to join in. Whilst this harassment is going on no doubt other people will be attempting to kill them as well if they are truly as bad as you make out.

There is not a single situation that cannot be countered... Desperate times call for desperate measures... 1 squad of people all spawn a galaxy and fly them out the warp gate at the same time to galaxy bomb them. They will not stop 12 galaxy unless they have 6 or 7 people per galaxy. Now add counter measures.

Now imagine if it was 20 VS Lancers. They can instantly kill any target without warning them of the incoming damage and it cannot be countered with flares or smoke. In numbers even under barrel smoke grenades are deadly...
    • Up x 2
  10. BeefySleet

Snipe them with a sniper rifle, or snipe them with a rocket launcher if you're NC.
    • Up x 3
  11. Farlion

Correct me if I am wrong, but would the Phoenix not take care of the above described problem?
    • Up x 2
  12. Roland0077

Not defending, just pointing out the obv flaws and how to exploit them. People hover/stand still too much and then QQ about it. srsly the launcher doesnt even need flares to counter. PS. dont go against 12 people with anything solo and expect to win everytime >.>
  13. Roland0077

If they have 12 Phoenixes or so, yes. Just 1 no, double medics will stop you from killing them all. Its how I run my Striker squads

EDIT: so far with the best success, iv ran 2 medics, 1 engi 2 Burster Maxes and 7 Strikers. Seems to be the best balance so far for my outfit
  14. KAHR-Alpha

Spawn 20 galaxies, crash all of them on their faces, it will be both hilarious and effective.
    • Up x 3
  15. Roland0077

OP just remember this is a team game. Everything gets infinitly easier once you add in teamwork.

EDIT: If there are 12 strikers, 12 ESFs with flares and vehicle stealth will eat them alive over and over if you stay organized.
    • Up x 2
  16. Farlion

Still a good farm I bet.
    • Up x 1
  17. Roland0077

Id be absolutly jealous of the farm, a kill every 20s or so isnt half bad, expecially once you start getting domination points
  18. Nurf3d

They've been at it for 1hr so yea I guess they made a good amount of certs, and vehicle xp
  19. Roland0077

Bro we mean for you to grab your phoenix, stay a safe distance away, and focus kill 1 dude to farm your certs. Atleast if you are by urself. Btw what server?

Edit: also striker squad cert farm is garbage unless the enemy is so idiotic at throwing masses of vehicle butts pointed in your direction lol
    • Up x 3
  20. Makora

Honestly I can't make the striker work. The it takes just too long to lock on for me. It just seems like a weapon that screams "long distance" and that just doesn't work most of the times.
    • Up x 1