lynx, jaguar or hailstorm

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Phrygen, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Phrygen

i drive a tank, and rarely use my weapon... but were i to get one, which would be best for a prowler driver who?

I'm thinking hailstorm just for when i jump out of the tank to go into a building or shoot a guy with c4...
  2. NoctD

For an engie I'd suggest sticking to the LC2 Lynx... the Jaguar lacks the ROF that makes the Lynx a plus for CQC. The Hailstorm lacks anything but CQC, but its usable on other classes.
  3. Ronin Oni

hailstorm could be used by any class, so there's that....

But yah, Lynx is a lil more versatile for Engie & LA
  4. Novmiech

The Lynx would be my choice if certs / SC were no option. But bang for the buck the Hailstorm will get you alot further.
  5. P149U3

Not much of a difference and the Jaguar has a better hip fire accuracy then the lynx http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Carbines
  6. NoctD

Your hip fire accuracy is a smaller difference and lacking ROF will get you killed far more in CQC especially when you come across those 845 rpm SMGs and carbines that NC/VS get!

I truly don't get what people see in the Jaguar - I have it and its the worse waste of 700 SC I've personally spent. Plus all those certs that went into stuff for it that I won't be getting back. :(
  7. centurionvi

Lynx. I was a Jaguar guy for a long time until I got the Lynx in the LA bundle a couple weeks ago and my kills per minute and accuracy is substantially higher with the Lynx than the Jag.
    • Up x 1
  8. Mythicrose12

9. Kaindestroi

of the ones you mentioned above i would pick the lynx, the jag you should only pick if you hipfire allot.
    but since you are a tank driver i would strongly suggest that you look into the track5-s whit smoke launcher and IR scope.
    no infantry AV weapon got IR and having the ability to put down smoke screens can be invaluable for a tank driver.
    smoke is also useful when you want to clear rooms or when you want to put some AV mines on that enemy sundy (just some examples)

you also get the option to put on the grenade launcher for when you want to go on foot. and whit the engi you get a endless supply of grenades for it.
  10. P149U3

ROF is not everything in a game accuracy is
  11. Wolfwood82

Actually I think both are important for CQC. Lynx has both in a fairly good balance and is competitive with the other CQC carbines. Jag is not, it relies on ambush more then firefight fighting. You have to flank a target and get the drop on them with the Jag and that is how that weapon shines while the Lynx falls a little short. Jag's built for a wider range of combat, that's it.
  12. Eric Smith

I haven't really used the Jag, but I have the Lynx and have more kills with it than any other weapon or vehicle. It has good hip fire accuracy and good ADS accuracy (making it a decent weapon for LA as well). Probably my favorite all around weapon. For CQC get a shotgun (I like the Nighthawk, but the Semi-Auto or Pump are good too). Of course, another option with the Engineer, as was mentioned above, is to get the Trac-5S with Under Barrel Grenade Launcher or Smoke Grenade Launcher. Infinitely refillable from an ammo pouch and very useful. Though the gun isn't nearly as good as the Lynx in general combat the GL's make it more versatile.
  13. Brewery

Lynx ftw.
  14. CookieHitman

Lynx is mah baby. But for engineers... I'd suggest Trac 5 S with underbarrel most of the time. Lynx for indoors.
  15. Zamanoy

Lynx used to be very useful, but it is now just an SMG with higher time to kill, I would reccommend TRAC-5 to keep more accuracy.
  16. WalrusJones

The Jaguar is the most versatile, I have seen: It has faster shoulder-fired move speeds, a better hipfire (Rivaling that of the hailstorm,) better moving cone of fires (A sore spot for the lynx,) and fairly manageable recoil at the medium ranges.

With an advanced laser sight... You would probably be able to headshot with rather long bursts.
  17. EvilAdolf

I'm a Lynx/Uppercut kinda guy. I got the first SMG and I can't justify using it anymore since the pumps were released.
  18. Stargazer86

Yeah. If you really want a close range weapon, get the Uppercut. If you want a gun you can use on an Infiltrator, the Hailstorm works fine. If you want something with a bit more range, use the Trac5s.

I bought the Lynx, but I rarely use the thing anymore.
  19. St0mpy

jag, the lynx recoil is the same annoying mostly up with a bit to the right as the trac-5, if you like that recoil stick with the lynx
  20. Voraen

Lynx. Its rate of fire and TTK in CQC is what got me hooked. I trialed the lynx and immediately went on a 20+ kill streak exceeding my trial time by several minutes. That gun is in my opinion the best CQC weapon in the game. Also trailed the jaguar but struggled to perform to the same standard. Lynx hands down. ;)