[Suggestion] Tr - T2 Striker WTF Nerf vs Air!

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by PS2xProphecy, Mar 23, 2013.

1. PS2xProphecy

Its bad enough the game has implemented a system of weapons that can lock onto vehicles.

Before, one missile locking on was bad enough, but a series of 6 missiles after the lock on is initiated, that it just outrages. Nerf vs air please... I can't fly over a base without being locked on by this diabolical T2 Striker weapon and being instantly destroyed.

Nerf the weapon vs air or simply make it so that the player has to aim manually. The more lock on weapons are added to the game, the less skill players will need to obtain.

I play all three factions & I'm a level 47 Scythe Pilot who's been around since BETA; I know what I am saying when I'm making this claim/statement.
    • Up x 6
  2. RichardDunn

I'm used to all the trolls on this forum so I'm prepared for the bashing. The following is my opinion regarding the OP.

Again this is my opinion, it's just that, An Opinion.

The Striker only has a 5 round magazine not 6. It takes approximately 7 missiles to blow up an ESF, which equates to two reloads. The lock must be maintained for the entire duration of fire. Most pilots have learned to use obstacles to dodge some if not all the incoming missiles. Sticking low to the ground helps. Also, one word, flares. Purchase them, they'll save your butt when you really need it.

I know what I'm saying too, no justification needed.
    • Up x 12
  3. PS2xProphecy

Bad Typo on the 6. Air vehicles typically have enough enemy types firing at us at once AA Max, AA Turrets, ESF, One Missle Lock-On, Infantry and now the addition of the diabolical T2 Striker. Usually when the lock on from this weapon begins, air pilots have taken some damage resulting in little time to escape and less missiles to destroy it. Don't forget, even if I switched over to "flares" I would end up using it on the ESF Lock-on. An guess who's around the corner or just below.... T2 Striker ready to fire all its shots.

No trolls here, I'm a level 47 scythe pilot.
  4. daskleineviech

5. RichardDunn

I'm not saying you're a troll. I'm just prepared for the troll heard to come which they usually do.

I understand that AA can be frustrating, a lot has changed since beta. People cried Nerf to the ESF and they got what they wanted. The AA Max is extremely devastating, probably the biggest annoyance to air. What I'm trying to say is the Striker is no more effective than the other types of AA. It's just another form of it. You bring up the point of being injured before someone locks onto you with the Striker and after you popped your flares because of A2A, what happens if the person on the ground is using the Annihilator or the original G2A launcher? It's going to kill you, probably more effectively since only 1 missile has to make contact. The only advantage the Striker has over the Annihilator at G2A is that it deals slightly more damage. The disadvantage is that it requires all 5 rounds to hit the target. Also there's delay in the missiles so some of them can be dodged if you're fast enough to take cover and fly out of locking range. I don't understand why people are complaining about the Striker. Sure you're going to get killed by the Striker a lot, but that's because everyone is using them since they just came out, same as the when the SMGs came out. I was tearing people up with it during its release day, but people have learned to counter it already.

Level 57 all around BA.
    • Up x 2
  6. PS2xProphecy

It's very frustrating in general to deal with so much air counter to see yet another weapon made vs air, this time much worse than the last. It would seem like the only safe place to fly in is VR Training. An you say everyone is getting this weapon. If two people can launch 10 missiles, just imagine if your statement became that much more truthful. The air would never become a fly zone. Just passing over a base you'll deal with so many missiles that "they will block out the sun".
  7. RichardDunn

If you take the Striker out of the game, you need to take out all the other lockon G2A launchers as well. That's the point I'm trying to make.
    • Up x 2
  8. PS2xProphecy

I get what you're saying. What I'm saying is that Air Pilots have enough to deal with, Simply make the Striker stronger and must be shot manually. If there are similar weapons with lock-on missiles in other empires, they should also embrace the same fate. I would like play style balance, that's all.
  9. srockstar

While I do agree.. if you change your angle of approach a Striker HA should be one of your easiest targets to pod considering they stand still for a very long time indeed.

The only difference is it basically makes certing Flares mandatory alongside using terrain a lot more than before to lose chasing missiles.
    • Up x 1
  10. Kaerius

The only thing OP about it is the scare factor. Lock lock lock lock lock lock lock lock lock.

It has to lock-on, keep AND keep you in crosshairs, fly behind something and lock is lost, use flares and lock is lost. Damage is low enough that even hitting with the entire magazine, he needs to reload and lock again before he can fire the next set. That's 8 seconds, not even counting missile travel time. If you a) didn't avoid the first salvo, and b) stuck around for the second one, you deserved to die.
    • Up x 4
  11. Tommyp2006

Well I have a few things to say about this.

1. If you are moving at all, and are a half competent pilot, then it's rare for more than 2 or 3 of those missiles to hit, which is about the same as the TR G2A grounder.

2. The tracking on this thing is terrible. If you get locked on, just head anywhere near a hill, the rockets will just dart straight for the ground

3. The Striker isn't any more of a threat than any other g2a launcher. It's the same thing as an annihilator just slightly better DPS as long as you manage to hit at least 4/5 rockets. It's nowhere near as OP as you're trying to make it out to be.
    • Up x 1
  12. Klinkin

Prophecy, I think you're missing the point of the Striker. First off, it's a carry-over from PlanetSide 1 for the veterans, so you should probably look elsewhere if you want something removed. Second, if you're in an ESF and your guys on the ground aren't doing their jobs, then you should go do something else (may I suggest grabbing a Liberator?). Of course ESFs are going to die to AA; that's the whole point of AA. I seriously doubt that the Striker is more of a threat to you than a dual-Burster, Skyguard, or flak turret; the damage per missile is rather low. In fact, your own empire-specific launcher, the Lancer, might be better against ESFs; it's basically a two-shot kill with charged shots (that's only one mag), you don't get a lock-on warning, and the projectile is practically hitscan speed.
    • Up x 2
  13. MorganM

I’ve used the Striker all weekend now and I totally agree. It’s really like most AA weapons; even manual aim ones…. They rarely translate into actual kills. Most of the time it simply redirects air and armor… not stop it. Which to me is powerful enough; just being able to predictably redirect your enemy is huge.

Most pilots EASILY avoid my Striker. Flares ends the attack; period… it even breaks the lock so even if you had a couple rockets left in the magazine you have to re-lock… they are gone. Most pilots react to the lock, take action, and avoid the attack. The ONLY kills I get are people hovering trying to fire off a full load of rockets. Most tanks and pilots use cover to break off the missiles or my lock.
    • Up x 2
  14. llPendragon

I agree with the OP. The Striker is too much, especially against ESF.
    The Striker has made it so fewer lock-ons are needed to kill any vehicle. From what I've seen, it only takes 2 un-broken locks to kill an ESF now. Just 2 from any HA within sight.
    The odds for non-Mossy ESF have gone from bad to stupid. I'm betting that this is the final nail in the coffin on A2A combat.

And yes, the TR posters are trolling as hard as I've ever seen. They like their new toy.
    A newly released weapon is a carry over from another game? Learn to play when you've put in that much seat time? :rolleyes:
    I haven't seen a single logical argument for why the Striker isn't more powerful than the other lock-ons, especially against ESF.
  15. Satanam

Then I bet you didn't even read the other posts above. Get your Annihilator (if you don't have it, go to VR Training) and try it, then use the Striker. Make sure you note every thing, including the time you'll take to blow up the ESF. Learn to balance your opinion and look to the game itself, not to your empire only. I do, and I always complain when there's something stronger than it should be on TR, VS or NC. I was also one of the guys who wanna nerf Prowler, because I used it and it was really OP against Infantry. Now I can use my Prowler with AP cannons and feel that I'm playing inside a balanced MBT (yes, I've already tried the other MBTs and they're fine too).
    As a side note, I didn't find this nerf on the Phoenix fair. I mean, it's not even applied, but I bet they'll nerf it more than it's needed.
  16. Rickenbacker

It's five. Most of them don't hit, and they're easily avoided by flying lower. The Striker looks awesome, but it's really just a reskinned Annihilator that forces you to hit the button five times to fire.
    • Up x 1
  17. Carrionghoul

The Striker is a novelty side grade of the Annihilator. Plain and simple. If you are crying about getting hit by 5 rockets you obviously were not at full health.

The Striker deals 3/4 health with one (please note one shot = FIVE trigger pulls) shot.

The Grounder deals 1/2 health with one shot.

BOTH ROCKETS KILL YOU ON THE SECOND RELOAD!!!!!!

I will never buy the striker because you can't dumbfire it. It's the same reason I don't own it's retarted step cousin, the Annihilator.

If you can't dumb fire a rocket it is not worth buying.

For the SLOW KIDS in the audience... BOTH THE GROUNDER AND THE STRYKER HAVE TO RELOAD TO KILL YOU!!!!!

Yep. Grounder, two shots to an air craft is a kill......Stryker....five shots....reload....two shots to an air craft is a kill.....

HOW IS THIS WORTH WHILE>>>>>>>IT IS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Stryker is a LIE

THANK YOU AND GOOD NIGHT!!!
    • Up x 2
  18. Navoletti

yeah nerf the striker or buff the anhilator for the other factions.

i have a anhilathor and for each shot i lose my objetive or they kill me...anhilator is very slow and sh.. compared with striker with 5 shots per round.

and much tr say "is a bad weapon...pfff sure....is a op weapon,developers nerf anhilator and after launch a op weapon for tr this is a trolled for the other factions or what...

i pay 1000 cert in anhilator since january and they later kill my weapon for launch a specific weaspon op for tr?really i hate this decisions..
  19. llPendragon

I have had the Annihilator for months, and I've been blown out of the sky by just about everything. I'll agree that the Striker is harder to lock on than the Annihilator, but it doesn't cover the time to reload. 99% of the time an ESF will not be within lock-on distance long enough to fire two shots from either the Annihilator or the Striker. So we are talking about only the first lock-on to an ESF. In that context, neither of these launchers will be a higher threat by themselves. My point is that the Striker reduces the amount of locks needed to bring down an ESF. This significantly increases the chance that any random group of HAs will be able to kill an ESF outright, even though the individual HAs are not any more likely to get a lock.
  20. XRIST0

[IMG]
    • Up x 2