Official Striker Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siiix

i said it before and i say it again, the Annihilator is a piece of garbage, they should have never put it in the store to begin with
    if anyone prefer the Annihilator be it ! i got it for 350SC with SC that cost me less then half.. i really dont care to lose a $1.30 for a gun i used for a month and will never use again

the striker is cool in every way and form ...
    striker looks great , it fires in sets of 5 witch is very satisfying , you have a MUCH higher chance to hit your target at least with some of the 5 projectiles, it has the best sound, best damage (for a clip) = THE BEST rocket launcher i EVER saw in ANY game

the only one that got me more kills was the battlefield2 guided dumbfire, because you could snipe even infantry with that thing across an entire map with higher precision then any sniper rifle AND it had big splash damage as well... but that looked like poop and it sounded blah

i do not think its a bug , i would love to keep it as feature

HOW EVER i would suggest BUFFING vehicles considerably, maybe with extra certificate unlockables
  2. SpankyH

Well I hope that you didn't spend any money on the Striker then, because you are going to be really disappointed when it gets nerfed to the level of the Annihilator.
    • Up x 1
  3. Badname2490

I killed a Skygod air chav the other day with my striker. His reaver didn't stand a chance...I got a tell saying I was a "Typical no skill pay 2 win scrub" even though I bought the striker with 1000 certs from double XP weekend.

It has become my favorite weapon ever since.
    • Up x 2
  4. PS2Freak

I still QQ about my 1000certs for Annihilator. was this overnerfing on purpose, while devs were making striker ? so it (striker) feels like "worth" ? if anni wouldnt be nerfed, there were no room for making Striker. they both would be the same.

edit: :eek:
  5. Doodles89

Wait so you're saying if you fire off 5 striker missiles at an ESF and the first one hits. Even if the ESF flares, the Other 4 will still hit AFTER he flares??
  6. hawken is better

I don't think they purposely nerfed it with the Striker in mind, I think it was just due to the general amount of crying that it caused. Looks like we're going down that same route with the Striker, though.
    • Up x 2
  7. FieldMarshall

I wish the model looked more like the original. Its a little... squished atm. Stretch it out a bit.
    It needs a way to fight maxes. Dumbfire or lockon, idc. Whats the point if you cant fight maxes.
  8. Zamanoy

I feel it is the most powerful of the 3 ESRL, but it is so boring... I would rather have the weakest one than this upgraded annilhator. Been playing a lot of my NC character and I like the Phoenix.
  9. NoctD

Give the Striker full auto fire and a 1 second clip upload time - currently the time to unload a clip makes it worse than an Annihilator, as any dodging/moving target usually ends up taking 1-2 hits vs. 5.

The 1 second clip unload would equal to Hellfires fire rate thereabouts, then we can actually say they're something like the swarm missiles SOE said they were going to be.
  10. Cpu46

I was a bit dissapointed when I first got it. Lock on is boring and I would much rather have a laser guided rocket launcher instead. But now that I have used it I love the Striker. Still would like a laser guided launcher instead but if that change never happens I will still be alright with it.
  11. Mastachief

The striker has broken open field combat. No armour can exist for more than a few seconds no matter what certs it has. Nerf the striker clip and increase the lock on time.

What SOE have failed to take into account in implementing the striker is the numbers of players in the game fielding it.
  12. CaptAmazing

I am disappointed with the striker.

Functionality:

The lock on time combined with the time needed to empty your whole magazine is to long. Most vehicles get into cover or if ESFs just fly away/behind a hill. Most ground vehicles you can't lock on if they are even slightly behind a hill - even if you can see 70% of the vehicle you still can't lock on.

That if you throw smoke/flares in the mix its even gets more frustrating. That would be ok if you didn't need so long to lock on and fire the whole clip.

Look/desgin:

Art design and sound is very nice and very "TR like"

Suggestion:

Give the striker a burst ability which you can toggle or just make it fire the missles faster and automatic (no need to click for every missle).

Or reduce the numbers of missle in the clip to 3 and increase their damage so the overall damage of the clip remains the same.

And fix the lock on ability if vehicles are just partialy behind cover and can't be locket on (for all lock on launchers). Seeing 70% of a vehicle but you still can't lock on is a total turn off. Its easier to "snipe" these vehicles with a decimator.
  13. sauna

Nah, it's a good thing there are active and semi-large outfits (tho no outfit should be allowed to be over 500-1000+ people imo). Just stating how the Striker is imbalanced in the hands of those. Especially those who's whole playstyle is to make these nests of Maxes and Strikers.
    Just watch BuzzCutPsychos annihilator highlights. This is 5 times worse ;).
  14. Doodles89

still curious about this? since you I can't test in VR.
  15. SpankyH

If it does work like this, then it is a bug, and it will be fixed.
  16. Venomoroth

...every empire could do EXACTLY THE SAME with their own lockon launchers or the annihilator and they do so as you can see in hundreds of youtube videos. infantry is absolutely op atm in my opinion - not because of the striker but because of no counter-chances for vehicles. at least vs and nc got something new - we just got annihilator 2.0
  17. TheRunDown

Striker's interceptions tracking needs to be changed. Currently it tries to lead to the target, witch is unreliable.
    I wouldn't know how to change it for the better, but I could only imagine something like the Javelin, where it Shoots directly upwards first.

To explain the tracking system, the Rocket follow the aircraft estimated flight path, but for lower flying aircraft and MBTs if its moving down a hill. the rocket will try to lead where its going and crash in to the ground.
  18. Shaolungbao

stop being mad and spend more time to learn how to use your shiny new sniper cannon.

and yes you do need to maintain lock.

you gotta take "Striker is awesome!!!" posts and videos with a grain of salt... they're attacking bad drivers/pilots that are likely right in front of their face. There's more than enough time for even an esf to fly in shooting, flare and leave even WITH OTHER AA sources as well.

Tanks have even more ways to break the lock or escape even if they chose to ignore the first FULL salvo.

i'm sure if SOE does the analysis they'll find that strikers are hitting less targets and more missle damage.

Strikers on avg might be scoring more kills than annihilator but that's likely just from the damage over time and larger total amount of damage which makes it harder for others to steal the kill.

it still needs dumbfire, and max killing ability. But change my mind about infantry.. maybe the same useless damage as Vs have (suppression fire, nothing more). but the NC farming machine needs to change.

NC/VS crying about strikers just have their own agendas and need to get an annihilator or start using it again. Striker just looks cooler and more fun to use. But when they still prefer their esrl over the annihilator is when they might understand what TR are thinking right now.
  19. Selentic

20. Shaolungbao

are you now happy with it because it's different, looks nice, shooting it is cool to watch... or because you think it's actually balanced well compared to other esrl's?

then read my sig and tell me that's not "more balanced without making the striker better than other esrl's in any area".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.