Congratulations, TR and VS

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by drNovikov, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Anonynonymous

Survivability? I think you're having it mixed up with the Magriders. Or as I like to call them, hovering cockroaches that always gets away at the last silver of HP.
  2. Skadi

Speak for yourself OP, I enjoy hounding running tanks and obliterating infantry who are blind/sniping.
  3. Rusky

Clear the skies ?

Sorry to break this to you, but you won't be clearing any skies with the Phoenix.

Just get a friend in the VR to fly around in a Reaver and try hitting him. Let me know how many times you succeed.

Then again I could tell you were joking when you said
    • Up x 1
  4. ThElement078

This is just another NC vs VS vs TR flame thread, Move along people.
    • Up x 3
  5. Zaik

hide yo tanks hide yo sundy

Had an interesting push down into Tawrich from the base to the northwest in which the prowler zerg was absolutely terrified to come outside of their own vehicle shields because they kept getting blown up by people they didn't even have LOS on. Hell I destroyed two sunderers myself that I didn't have LOS on.

Unfortunately this thing is garbage vs. air for no good reason, so you will still get farmed by lolpods and libs like usual. Really hoping that's a bug.
  6. Veri

As usual there will most likely be more nerfs or buffs in the future.
    See how the lock on weapons turned out.
    When i first bought my AA rocket launcher it sucked bad.
    Shorted lock on time and little aim skill required to lock on.
    Became even more nerfed by adding stronger drop off in dumb fire mode.

Then Speed and accuracy was buffed and made it a viable weapon against ESF.

Then it was nerfed by adding longer lock on timer and requiring aiming skill for the weapon to lock on.

So despite the disadvantage these weapons currently may or may not have, there is still a chance for improvement until there is a reasonable balance without people crying OP.
  7. Bubbalicious

You might want to move out from the starting area in the VR and use it like I did on vehicles that are behind mountains and sit back and smack the tanks in the **** with the launcher. If you think it sucks just wait, when you learn how to use it, you will own. Not to mention the 300 Meter range which is larger then any base.... Think about it.
  8. Lavalampe

I dunno what OP expected, but this looks strong:

• Up x 1
  9. centurionvi

Phoenix is garbage against air, Lancer is garbage against infantry, Striker can't even be used against infantry or a MAX. They all have their quirks.
  10. machinech

I have NO idea what the OP is crying about. The Pheonix does what it was meant to do... you can hit moving targets at reliable range. Does respectable dmg, NOT godly INSTAGIB, to veh's... aaaaand my favorite... it currently does NOT allow for hiding behind a wall defacto artillery ability vs infantry. I know...big let-down as many were hoping for the PS1 version to resume ripping into infantry with impunity...real bummer that. As for the silly comment about weak tanks... I'll skip whatever he's smoke'n as the vany is my second fav right after the mag.

I play all three factions an feel each of the three factions launcher has a niche they fill well. They tend to become obvious in use when you start thinking past the idea that YOU need to be the one man army on the field. A squad equiped an supported by engies would flat rip veh's a new one.

NC - robs the mag of strafe and allows reliable hits on moving targets over dumbfire
    TR - Same as NC in general terms albeit with lockon required
    VS - basically an anti everything snipe weapon with effectiveness based on target type an number of shooters. (hint full charge is NOT always the best way to go)
  11. TeknoBug

Oh good lord, all 3 ESRL's has their cons and pros, Higby has said that people are telling him good things about the 3 launchers but also complaints about the 3 launchers.

Phoenix:
    + can be used while hidden behind cover
    + travels fast
    + can take out stationary (*cough*stupid) infantry
    - can't be dumbfired
    - very short flight range
    - very low ammo count
    - still the slowest travelling rocket of the 3 ESRL

Striker:
    + fast lockon timer
    + high speed travel (can still hit afterburning ESF's)
    - can't be dumbfired
    - basically an Annihilator with one rocket broke up into 5 rockets (~250 damage each)
    - drops into ground when fired at ground vehicles

Lancer:
    + extremely fast velocity (almost instant snipe)
    + charge uses 3 rounds each for larger burst damage
    + fast reload
    - very very very innacurate especially past 200m range
    - has trouble hitting moving targets (probably due to hitbox)
    - low ammo count for the amount needed to take out armored vehicles
  12. Kaon1311

Be glad you didnt get the Lancer and VS got the Pheonix. Instead of crying that you didnt get the crazy launcher from PS1, feel sorry for the shafted VS, and I am TR.
    But Higby said VS need to L2P, usual reply from NC i guess :p
  13. Kaon1311

So you are basing the weapons ONLY from VR testing? Because, if you used it 'outside in combat' you would realise it doesnt fly through infantry, it kills them in one shot :p
  14. Comptonunhh

I dont know why people keep quoting the phoenix advantage as being able to kill from behind cover, it does NOT work as intended in this regard, if you fire at something more than 30 degrees off bore sight you wont be able to turn it back onto target unless the target is within the last 50 meters of its pitiful 300 meter range, goving it an effective range of just that 50 meter sweet spot when trying to use it behind cover. It is absolutely terrible at what its intended to do and really needs more maneuverability and range and a reduction in damage to infantry
  15. MykeMichail

Are you mistaking the Striker for the Phoenix? Because:

a) a Phoenix is slower than a Liberator and can't keep up with one flying away
    b) a Phoenix is very poorly manoeuvrable to the point that hitting anything but a slow, low flying ESF is very difficult
    c) a Phoenix does not do 70% damage to an ESF.
    • Up x 2
  16. LayLow2013

First time screaming about nerfing something in this game from me.
    just remove the new launchers! instead of lock on replace with a no drop rockets for people that can't aim.

TR on my server has Crown. Any armor and any air that comes close to crown gets a wave of strikers coming at them. I know a lot of people have a lot of certs now and many people have bought it.

Didn't SOE learn anything when they released anni and squads on high ground could clear everything from the air and ground armor.

I can see this getting worse and worse as more people buy strikers
  17. ya_ay

@Comptonunhh

Firing from cover doesn't have to mean literally firing it from inside a building or behind a huge rock. That would make it ridiculously op if you can effectively hits target on the outside/otherside. What you can do is break LOS with your target and are able to easily hit em... That is easily done given its current manuverabilty. No one else has such a weapon to hit you back, so you are effectively safe while you hit em and they can't hit you back.
  18. ABPositive

As a matter of fact I checked in-game too. And it does fly right through infantry. And through MAXes. No damage. Whether this is a bug or intended, I cannot say.
  19. Laraso

That's funny, because the Phoenix is considered OP right now due to its ability to one-shot-kill infantry. The only place where the Phoenix can't kill infantry is the VR room.
  20. Naithe

I just got sniped by a phoenix. so yes it works. If this is becomming a habit, it needs some sort of damage reduction against softies. 1 shot is slightly overkill.

For the striker, rather then around 3 second delay before you loose lock, if you can't maintain it, make it like 1½seconds or 2 seconds.