Please stop calling the Scatmax OP

Discussion in 'MAX' started by BH Brigade, Mar 12, 2013.

1. sham

Yeah sorry, after 18 pages tbh I didn't want to look through it all to find the sensible posts. In fact while trying to post my reply my net dropped and a reasonable post got in in front of me. :p

I wanted to post anyway just to get it out there that there are still people around that don't want absolutely everything nerfed into the ground.:rolleyes:
  2. Rekoro

this only shows how little skill is needed to be effective with a scatmax. honestly in my opinion its not op, because shotgun = dead at cqc. Point is, it deals to much dmg to other maxes (even in cqc) and in return other maxes deal less dmg than they should.

Lets do some thinking !

Big caliber Chaingain > Armorpiercing > high dmg vs armored suits/vehicles/ over all
    Lasers > armorpiercing > high dmg vs armored suits/ vehicles / over all

Shotgun > high dmg to non armored things > close to no dmg to vehicles / armored suits etc

So why exactly unless they are using explosive rounds which they dont, should a nc max kill any other max in cqc with that crappy shotgun ? i know logic is not aplyed in games, but come on this makes no sense what so ever. IRC the maxes are in the game to "counter" infantry. so why exactly does a scat maxes deals so much dmg to an armored unit when its weapon is supposed to counter light targets ? One could say because this game was developed by complete idiots which prefere to go to mlg instead of fixing their awfull exuse of an engine. OR maybe its desinged so poorly because they were drunk. the same sort of drunk state they have when they release new patches. I dont know, they miss desinged / developed many things including the engine, one could think they worked for ea / maxis in the past ;)

phun intended, im drunk and need to sleep now :p
  3. F3int

^ Note the example above. 1 NC max does the job of 3-5 TR or VS Maxes when done right. You either have to have numbers or actually go max assassin if you want to go toe to toe with an NC max. TR and VS maxes? You can screwed them up point blank range. NC Max? Oh dear just stay away from that thing.

You really want to give us your shotguns? Well have fun crying about shotguns being too OP for maxes when we get them.

You said use concussion? Note the example above. GL and have fun.
  4. Diamond Sword

The Hack/Scat MAX isn't OP. It's just that the other faction's AI weapons for their MAX's are UP.
  5. Wulfen109

So what, NC has one thing thats actually better than your team so that means we gotta nerf it?
  6. SiosDashcR

Vanu has no bullet drop is their specialty - not no recoil.
  7. Molotov

So what do the other empires have that are noticeably better then the NC?

Magrider? Nope, nerfed.
    Prowler? Nope, nerfed.
    ESF? Reaver is arguably the best ESF in the hands of a skilled pilot
    Maybe it's high rate of fire? Nope, flinch has been nerfed effecting that advantage as well

Wow, I'm really starting to notice a pattern here.
  8. ShinyAfrox

Magriders and Prowlers are better then a vanguard, their maneuverability is more effective then our armor.
    Also our Empire specific weapons technology (Shotguns) are on every damn class except max. There are no common pool lashers / miniguns though?

I would be happy if NC max shotguns and the jackhammer were made common pool (Or removed, unlikely though.) , and we get a new heavy weapon and max weapons that are basically railguns.

Railguns are hard hitting, and can be accurate if need be, makes more sense as a NC faction technology, rather then shotguns.
  9. Molotov

And what do the TR have as an empire specific weapon? The chaingun? Oh right, that was nerfed into uselessness.

Perhaps if the Devs actually gave the TR and VS something unique and useful without nerfing it into the ground then perhaps we wouldn't care as much about the NC Max. But seeing how we are seeing all these changes that effect our faction we strongly believe the same should be true for NC.
  10. Cowabunga

I love the fact that most people who tell other factions to L2P and just do "this and this" to take down a NC MAX plays on the NC side and has NO clue what it is like facing off against one. I'd say buff the other MAX and we are all happy no?

I'd like to see an "overdrive" for the TR cyclers so you empty the clip and can't stop firing but increase your fire rate by 60%.
  11. LordMondando

Reduce all shotguns effectiveness against max armour.

Tweeted that to higby a few days ago, he never got back to me.

If there is a legitimate problem, its having one robot man, vs. another robot man, over a bit to quickly as the latter has shotgun arms.

There's no particularly good reason why MAX Armour should be as vulnerable to shotgun balls as it is regular bullets or slugs.
    • Up x 1
  12. Kinj

VS/TR AI maxes are equally as effective at killing infantry. Whine more.
  13. Cowabunga

14. Cowabunga

I agree - It kinda feels underwhelming to any other MAX opperator, when a scatmax spots you, presses "F" and then instantly gibs your robo suit.

Though other MAX units do suffer some wonky hit detection, especially with HA shields, I will be looking forward to the MAX revamp patch.
  15. GhostAvatar

How is that opps, I don't see no TR MAX killing a VS/NC MAX that is hacking. You will also notice that Buzz is being healed a lot while dueling. This doesn't even compare to the OP scatmax vs Hacking TR MAX.

I tell you what, the day you show me a video of a TR or VS MAX with only 1 AI weapon taking down a NC MAX that is using the same hacks as above. That is the day I will change my mind on the OPness of a scatmax. Good luck hunting for that video, you will be a long time looking.

P.S. Just and FYI, I already saw that video above before I even made my original post. So you kinda failed at being a smart ***.
  16. AltF4Fun

Love the double kill on the TR Maxes in that Scatmax video.@ around 3:50.They must of felt really bad after that.XD
  17. Edgar Allan Bro

18. Eric Smith

It's one thing to be better. It's another thing to be leagues and worlds better than anything the opposition has. The NC Maxes being able to instagib infantry and other Maxes in CQC is leagues and worlds better than anything the competition can muster, which is why everyone (except most NC players) calls Hacky/ScatMaxes OP - because they are.
  19. Purg

In all honesty, I read the first sentence and just groaned again at the stupidity of some of these posts. OP ScatMAX can beat a hacker so obviously it's OP. I've seen a TR MAX circling the crown to exceptional effect from a Hacker killing several ScatMAX as well as any infantry on the landing pads - therefore a nerf of TR MAX is required!
  20. GhostAvatar

That I have yet to see with my own eyes, also it isn't the same equivalent as a non hacking TR MAX killing a hacking ScatMAX. I would honestly expect any faction hacking MAX to be able to kill a non hacking MAX. Why? because they have an advantage of hacking. But for a none hacking MAX to be able to kill a hacking MAX, that is something entirely different. And until such time as I do see this, I shall keep my current opinion of the scatmax.