[Guide] Gameplay, Do you like it? PS1 vets.. Why are you angry?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Duke, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Duke

I told myself I was done with this game... It headed in a direction that I felt was completely and utterly wrong even before it released.

I do not, in any way, in any shape form or fashion, know how to explain to this MATT HIGBY.

The.. Game... Needs...... Logistics............

Not next month with a roadmap, not next week with a patch... Tomorrow...

I gave this game, as it is now, three months to survive. Today is that third month to the day..

So far, a Roadmap has been created that has had NOTHING added due to it, that PSU guy they hired has given higby an image about 'mini hexes' that he tweeted that 'MIGHT' provide meta game... That's about it guys... That to me is the general 'thrust' they are throwing into this game; I know they are doing more and it's not seen by the public, but.... the public are the ones playing the game and leaving it....

We can stand together as a community and fight 'the man', but it will not stop the corporate process that designs this game. They say they have the community's best interest at heart.. And me being the big fat ( actually 6'4 180 lb) man I am....

I challenge Higby to a discussion with me... On this thread.....

On this very thread where it's not REDDIT or Planetside Universe.... Something flat ******* official. I Want to have a chat with him publicly about the innards of Planetside 2 where the public can see it.

No one is more passionate about Planetside than I am, and I have ******* proven that, to EVERYONE . It's his ******* turn.

Spend one night answersing MY questions via these OFFICIAL forums. Or ignore it......

Sadly, I need the community to back me up on this... And I doubt you will.....But I have hope....

Imagine if we all stood together, got the Creative Director to answer MY questions? The insight would be very much informative.

I'm a thorn in your side Higby. I challenge you to discuss Planetside 2 to WITH me, publicly, and God forbid if the COMMUNITY says it's okay and you don't accept..... But if you do....

Maybe you will learn something that I've been beggin' you to see all along.

I need this thread to not die. I need a +1 on this...

I fracking love Planetside... I know you do too. Pressure him to do this and you will find clarity.

Mods......... Please don't shut this thread down...... Smed...John..... Let me do this........ Please let me do this.
    • Up x 38
  2. AlexBowman

I back you up, mainly because I am a PS1 vet and feel like this game has been turned upside down once again because of the inconsistencies that are shrouded by mystery from the team.

Now, I will say that unfortunately due to the marketing nature of this game, the developers are pressured way more by the shareholders of the company than they are by the playerbase, which also doesn't make any sense ebcause the playerbase is the 100% result of their profit.

But you are right, the logistics in this game seem very absent.

There are many things that need to change in this game, but they keep adding more camo's (That can take 15 minutes to draw out in a art program) and new guns instead of further enriching the game as it stands.
    • Up x 3
  3. Felixbz

+1

We need the developers to finally realize that without logistics or a proper metagame, this is a dead game, no one will want to play this by the end of the year unless they get their **** together.
    • Up x 2
  4. HadesR

He will not see this unless you link it on his Twitter :p

Joking aside you have my support ( and no not a PS1 vet )
    • Up x 2
  5. Wezdor

I doubt you'd get Higby to respond, but you have my support if you do.
  6. Cowabunga

I'd like to know WHAT questions you want to ask mr. Highby, so a weird unstructured rant can be avoided. I know nothing of your standing with the game or what direction YOU want planetside 2 to take - Could you elaborate?
    • Up x 2
  7. -Synapse-

Totally support this. This game needs logistics, polish, and immersion to take priority over new content. Fix what you have before adding to it.
    • Up x 1
  8. Bardock-Sama

[IMG]

Sadly I'm not a PS1 vet, but I've been having the same worrying thoughts throughout PS2's so far short lifespan. Amazing stuff needs to happen, sooner rather than later or there'll only be the stubborn crowd left who won't give up hope... hope that someday, oh someday, Planetside 2 will be the sequel we all expected it to be.

Do it Mr. Higby! We need moar hope and the words of the man in charge confirming that our wait won't be in vain.
  9. FlameGankin

You got my support, id love things to be said 'offically' on this forum for once as well
  10. Madmojo

It needs a terrain overhaul, it needs to stop funneling 50 tanks down the same road because you have no options, it needs an ANTs, it needs infiltrator vehicle hacking, it needs a V function that works, it needs fences around outposts like some on Indar, it needs a proper mini map, it needs an anti cheat program, it needs a CR that is earned not bought, it needs dedicated gunners on MBTs, it needs stairs, it needs an ignore function, it needs doors and finally it needs a reevaluation of the new AV weapons.

Yes, I ignored all grammar internet laws with this post.
    • Up x 3
  11. MistaN

I support you!
    You also need to take the "I need a +1" out of the OP because RadarX will close this up really quickly with the reasoning that it's a poll thread...even though it's not. If you want this to stay open then edit that out ASAP
  12. Zarth

They focus too much on making new weapons yes. It's great to have all the new weapons. I just wish the good updates to the game could be done faster. The things that come out like camo's and weapons are just easier to deal with for developers.
  13. Bape

I think only the lancer need to be look at other 2 balanced
  14. VKhaun

Random disjointed rant was random and disjointed...

PS1 player here. I was initially very disappointed because I was a combat engineer stealther in PS1. Four ACE kits, hack tool, and my knife. Good times...

I enjoy PS2 a great deal and I plan to keep playing for as long as the servers are active. It's low TTK, crisp visibility, smooth feel, and balanced weapons make it the best shooter on my PC right now.

Of course as with any shooter game people argue the balance between weapons and the fans may feel balance isn't so great while tunnel visioning, but compared to other shooters? PS2 is doing great IMO.

In my experience about 6/10 fights between the same weapon type go to the person who shot first, 3/10 fights between the same weapon type go to the better shooter, and only MAYBE 1/10 come down to an actual weapon. I'm perfectly fine with instagib CQC, mines, and sniper headshots.

I am however disappointed in SoE. They failed hard at a lot of basic stuff. Launch was botched. Classes incomplete. Security is a nightmare. They think talking about metagame is a metagame. Cert costs are stupid. I will NOT be buying any SoE games in the near future, and after some of the previous ones I wouldn't have bought this if it weren't free.
    • Up x 1
  15. TheGangsterPanda

16. AzK

Logistics and metagame have little to do with why this game doesn't feel like planetside at all for me.

The main reasons for me are:

1) forced ads gameplay - this is garbage and tailor made for bad players who like to be still while shooting and shoot at slow targets. Every single weapon apart from snipers should be viable for unscoped fire, even from very very far away while strafing, same as ps1

2) classes. terrible design choice. again, ps1's system should have been copy pasted instead of going for this bf3 like bs.

3) ttks are too fast.

4) horrible bases and outposts designs that feel like cod maps rather than actual structures.

If i had to pay even a single cent for ps2 i wouldn't play it at all.
    • Up x 4
  17. BlowSmoke

I'm no PS1 vet, but i share your concerns..

In it current state the game is repetative, pointless and full of bad gamedesign flaws..
    It misses a real objective, it all feels pointless, after a few weeks its all the same repetative pointless grinding action without a goal..
    Everything feels dumbed down, where simplicity and zerging rules over teamplay and tactical thinking..

To me it feels like just a other Console shooter with no real goals..
    Take a base too hope it gets recaptured asap so you can recapure it.. Rince and repeat..
    Weapons getting rediculous easy too use, too cater the masses who have utterly no clue how too work as a team, and promotes zerging bases..

At start i liked the game, but the longer i played the more bored i'm getting with it, and with the added new weapons it just feels they just throw in new candy too please the masses without even overthinking the weapons of how they effect gameplay..
    I had high hopes, but even after the merges the continents are dying out again too the level Pre-Merges on my server, wich is to me allready an indicator alot of people still keep quitting the game..

Same counts for me now, i gave up on it for now.. Its just not giving any satisfaction. Or your in a Zerg rampagning over the map, or you getting zerged with no possibility too stop it.. Going from base to base farming Certs as fast as you can, and move on too the next, hoping the opponents do behind you the same, so you can go soon for a new round..

It all feels so terrible pointless atm.. Resources gives hardly a feel that you need too keep a area defended.. It just well... all so daft and pointless..
    While this can be a great game, SOE doesnt seem too care at all, as long the investors are happy they are happy i guess..
    • Up x 1
  18. Grendel

The OP has a great point.

The resource system is broke. For that matter, it's never worked. One of the MAJOR issues in PS2 right now is that there are no real limitations on things that MUST HAVE limitations, such as vehicle spam. The "timers and resources" aren't cutting it.

It would be relatively simple (yes, I know the programmers are falling out of their chairs laughing, or maybe crying) to revamp the resource system to work like the logistics system from PS1. Make resources a single pool for the entire continent, or even an entire empire. Make everything a player pulls from a terminal draw from that pool, instead of the individual infinite fountains of resources we have now. Make each empire run logistics to keep the resources flowing. Make base facilities (turrets, shields, etc) run on resources, or flip neutral when they run low, just like PS1.

This will add desperately-needed depth to the game, and make it more fun in the end.
    • Up x 1
  19. Laraso

I can only see bad things coming from this thread.

Netherless, you have my support, because if this actually happens I'm sure I will be very entertained while reading it.
  20. AtheistPeace