I hate Heavy Assult shield ability!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dr Grumbler, Mar 22, 2013.

1. MutinyTheory

I get what you are saying, They may be easy to kill with while playing against an average player. But going head to head with a more skilled player and getting beaten is when ppl start to complain. In most cases you find that a BR1-20 will run into a BR30-100 and get beaten, most of the time then the lower BR will immedietely assume it's because of the weapons. Not considering the player have mastered some weapons. This is drifting of OP topic but you get what I mean?
    • Up x 1
  2. Diamond Sword

That is some of it, yes. But don't assume for a moment that the game is perfectly balanced. It is not. Not yet, anyway.
  3. MutinyTheory

Also on a note, I play LA most of the time and I love me some HA battles. When I play NC I can take down a heavy with the GD7 pretty easy as well as when I play TR with the Lynx. What a lot of guys seem to forget in a battle as a LA. You can out manuvour any other class. Plus heavies are a nice a big. Not sure if the hitboxes are bigger but they are easier to spot I think.
    • Up x 2
  4. MutinyTheory

Look, the game will never be "balanced" as there are thousands of players and everyone has their own perseption of a balanced game. No one will ever be satisfied. What I say is, enjoy the game for what it is. I have no issues with the game whatsoever. Asside from a cheater here and there. I enjoy the game as it is and don't care much for buffs and nerfs. You either adapt to it or continue not having fun
    • Up x 1
  5. Diamond Sword

It's not bigger, but they certainly are brighter, and they move slower when it's on. I main LA, too. But I main VS. Against NC heavies, I can juke around and usually win or get away. Against TR, however, as soon as 1 round hits me, 30 more are right behind it. Most often when I am engaged with TR, I will be hit a few times, have my shield knocked down almost all the way, then sprint behind cover and get 15 feet further behind cover, while still taking 15 more shots after I've gotten around a wall because of TR's high ROF and the game's client-side hit detection method.

I somehow feel that NC must feel the same way about being engaged with VS *AND* TR because of our high ROF weapons compared to their, slower, more damaging weapons with insane accuracy.

I'm not saying it has to be perfect. Nothing is perfect. But that doesn't mean it shouldn't be close. It is harder to balance a game in the modern era anyway, since we are moving more away from the flat content of a release and expanding more and more into constant content updates to provide a game as a service rather than a static product. Adding something new might mean something older is now out of balance, or vice versa. And maintaining balance is especially hard, because while something will look good on paper, it almost never works out the same in reality.
    • Up x 1
  6. MutinyTheory

That's why I bought the GD7 for my NC La. It has the same ROF as most TR weapons, medium dmg and all round my fav weapon to play with while on nc. I just wish it couldve been cross all classes like the smg.when I'm on TR I run the lynx or smg. Those weapons I can take on any heavy and have taken down a few maxes.purely because I could out manuvour them.
  7. Jakey

This. HA is supposed to be able to take a few extra shots, it's their ability.

Instead of moaning on the forums, play the game and you'll soon pick up some tricks for beating an HA - most don't involve trying to take them on across a room as an LA (You will loose). Be sneaky, use your speed advantage (shield slows HA down), and SHOTGUN THEM IN THE FACE.

Too many people calling for nerfs, omg x is OP, y is OP. . . . Just play the game, if someone is pissing you off using something you think is OP, take out a personal vendetta against them, don't just wait for someone else to do it.

Too many ESF? Get an AA Max!
    HA getting you down? LA Shotty!
    Infiltrators shooting from afar? Lolpod them darn it!
    NC Max one shotting yo' face? C4 C4 C4!

Everything in this game has an Achilles heel. Play the game and you'll learn them.

/thread
    • Up x 2
  8. TheRealTripWire

I'd like to see you take on my medic. I can't count how many times I've killed shielded heavy assault units in CQC.
  9. Diamond Sword

I got the VX6-7 for VS and it does alright if I can get the first hit in. If I get hit first, though, the aim punch is just enough that they will kill me faster than I kill them, since I'll end up missing 3 crucial shots.
  10. Grotpar

The problem just lies in there being far too many HAs.

The class is so versatile and has such a low skill requirement, most people just run with that instead of one of the more specialized classes.

If every other enemy you encounter wasn't a HA, it wouldn't be nearly as frustrating.
    I guess I'm already glad they don't have 845 RPM weaponry with 100 bullets so I can power through them with high RPM weapons of my own.
  11. TheUprising

Probably against NC b/c their LMG's suck hot piss in CQC. Beating an HA in a headsup 1v1 is incredibly hard as medic unless you massively outskill the opponent. Simple fact, they will have like 2x more health than you.
  12. Dr Grumbler

1. You can't always choose your battles (probably like 90% of the time encounters are random, you go round the corner and BAM...a heavy, because lots of people use them - all the tactics go to the bin).

2. Because of the grind/cash squeezing based unlock system an average player can't choose his weapons. I have a subscription and in the last 3 weeks managed to unlock two 1000 cert weapons, and I have to say that was the most boring grind I have ever done in a shooter game.
    • Up x 1
  13. Wulfen109

HA Shield is hardly the issue dude... Why does everyone wanna take out the uniqueness of every single class/ faction. Learn to play your team's/class's strengths and not it's weaknesses. Then, only THEN, will you stop making posts to vent and enjoy the game
  14. WalrusJones

I feel there is too much of a bottleneck into the HA.

Not for the shield, but the fact that they are the only class that they are the only user friendly combined arms class, I mean, Engineers can do combined arms.... With 700 SC or suicide bombings.

But AV Combat is basically a HA thing, if you are not 200 hours in.

The shield is annoying, but most HA don't pop it until its too late if you actually hit them.
  15. Frosty The Pyro

no they have like 50% more health than you, only about 30 or 40% if you hit your special. And AR's are better than LMGs in general, at least till you empty your mag (but you should have them dead by then).
    • Up x 1
  16. Tasogie

LOL hardly, I use my inf alot an can kill a HA easily, as any class can. The shield is a few seconds of life, I am sure SOE will nerf it, remove it or make it even worse than it is now if you demand it. But make sure you add in an "or els" comment at end, its expected.
  17. WalrusJones

"The main combat class."
    All of the classes are for combat primarily.
    All classes are for support as well.

Light assaults are just assaulting too. Their role is to be sand, and get into places where you don't want enemy soldiers to be, they do this well.
    -They also are very good for sabotaging defensive lines with C4. (In this way, they are more ALL combat then HA's.)

Infiltrators are supposed to infiltrate, They do hostile takeovers brilliantly when they pop out of nowhere.
    -They also hack terminals and place mines.

Engineers are supposed to... Engineer advantageous situations, the kind where your enemy cannot strafe without blowing themselves up. They kill you then brilliantly.
    -They also repair vehicles.

Combat medics are combat first, medic second, Their rifles are the best long range weapons available, and have amazing TTK's.
    -They also heal you, and revive you after killing the guy who made you dead.

Heavy assaults are designed to be the infantry tanks: Their weapons have crippled DPS to encourage them to tank with their shields (YES, they will loose virtually every CQC firefight if they don't pop shields due to the overpercision of ironsights, and the combination of terrible dps, and hipfire COF's,) their rocket launchers are their support role:
    -Their rocket launchers can ward off/support vehicles at fairly long ranges, and strip infantry shields at close ranges.

The prevalence of HA's show one thing: Other classes need a medium range vehicle deterrent. Something that screams "Leave our fourty man infantry battle alone solo prowler, we are not for farming!" without pulling out rocket launchers..... (and not just bigger launchers.)

There isn't a main combat class of planetside 2, and they certainly don't win CQC fights that often (That is, if you don't stand still for their absurdly slow machineguns to get you.....)
    There DEFINITELY is no main support class, they all are support.
    • Up x 3
  18. Sen7ryGun84

Lol at this thread...
    • Up x 1
  19. Xcom

I play LA almost exclusively. The gun I use is the T5 AMC. Its the slowest carbine for the TR. Heavies almost always die to me. Why? I shoot them in the head and leveled up heavy infantry players, almost never invest many certs into their sheilds or health. They spend all of their certs (for the most part not all of you HA) on pretty weapons. This is 1 vs 1 on the ground. Just aim for their faces and they will die. You also must and I mean MUST upgrade your nano-weave armor up to at least 4. If you do not invest points in your health then why should you live in a battle against front line troops?
  20. Killuminati C

This guy gets it and I'm too lazy to read through page 2 and 3 so I'll leach off of his response for my personal opinion. The HA is a shocktroop and when reacted to appropriately I've found the current system to be pretty well thought out.

Engi's can counter with mana turrets for the firepower or especially the extra cover (didn't catch on to this myself but once I did I found it to be invaluable). LA has shotgun, C4, and the UB grenade launcher, and medic or inf flatout should be avoiding HA's.

And just to be clear, I have a fair amount of time as an HA but am generally well rounded, with more time into Engi and even LA.
    • Up x 1