List of things that are not account wide. Really SOE?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Loligagger, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Jellypig

@Loligagger I noticed you have burster arm as a weapon that isn't cross faction unlockable, that doesn't seem to be the case for my account. I bought a burster arm for my TR guy a while back and logged into my NC character yesterday and now notice I have a burster arm that wasn't there before.
  2. Kastrenzo

It would be much easier to list the things that are cross-empire. rather than what isnt.
  3. DukeFlash

I have an untested theory about the Burster unlocked/not-unlocked:

Edit: Nevermind, looking back through the thread, it sounds like people who didn't get it account-wide acquired their Burster in a bundle, whereas I bought mine separate and did get it.
  4. Kosetzu

Did not get get any of the MBT weapons from the vehicle bundle... Seeing as this was a BUNDLE I would have thought that would carry over. Guess that's too much to expect, even though it is the same kind of weapon. Same with rocket pods.

Guess I'll never bother playing on more than one character, and with only 3 character slots I can't even have two of the same faction without sacrificing another...
  5. LameFox

I honestly believe the people who came up with the prices on this game expected it to have no future sustainability whatsoever. It's like they don't even care if they actually put off customers, as long as they get to charge ridiculous amounts of money in the time it takes players to come to the same conclusion. The sad part is it may end up being a self-fulfilling prophecy.
  6. Progapanda

Then there is this that says that only NS-11A and the Decimator have the same ID over factions. All commonpool vehicle stuff have separate IDs.
  7. Ash87

Currently all my burster arms, camo, the NS-11a, and lightning main guns have all transfered to my alt accounts.
  8. Leichow

All 3 race mbt secondaries are different w/ different model enumbers... there's a specific mention regarding an example w/ the kobalt in the FAQ.. Read before you whine.

Thanks.
  9. Doublefrost

Those things ARE account wide. Just not all empires in the cases you don't get them cross-empire.
  10. Accuser

The Nanite Systems secondaries are the same for all MBTs, with the same name and model numbers.
    Think before you spout irrelevant information.

Thanks.

Oh, so if you use your three character slots on the same empire and never experience the other two empires in the game, you're all set! Why would you want to see the entire game when you can spend all your time on 1/3?
  11. Doublefrost

I see it just fine when I fight against it. I've played all 3 empires in the first PlanetSide and there's a lot less unique distinction in the second. I've played both TR and Vanu. Now then, on to the rest...

When it comes to vehicle secondaries, identical items of THAT nature fit the description of common pool items or technology. Secondaries with different graphics, model numbers or properties are obviously NOT common pool. Common pool should be included if not already, the rest left empire specific.

Composite armors and faction specific items/camo/helmet versions are distinct creative works that differ from the other empires. You don't buy a single song on iTunes, knowing it's a single song, then complain you don't get the whole CD. You don't buy a poster print of the Mona Lisa and complain it doesn't have the last supper printed on the back.
  12. Loligagger

I think that you have the wrong it's more like I bought and downloaded a single song lets say mp3 format. I should be able use that single song on my ipod/zune/computer/burn to a cd etc etc etc. The composite armor being the single song and the character being the device such as ipod/zune.

Really I am fine with most of the things not unlocking if SOE wants it that way I just won't buy it. I do have a problem with the NS-11a platinum and the zephyr PX and circuitboard camo not carrying over. Considering these are common pool and their respective counterparts did carry over such as the zephyr and the ns-11a non platinum. I also don't understand how the circuitboard camo wouldn't either since it's not faction specific and they have the same camo for all 3 factions. I will tell you though as a customer I don't plan of spending another dime with SOE until these are unlocked. Plus they're always other games I can play.
  13. Leichow

Just because you suck at looking at the notes, i found the relevant one for you... I also color coded them for you, JUST IN CASE you can't tell they're two different questions... I don't want to insult your intelligence(well, I guess I am and do.)

What about items I’ve unlocked with certifications points?

Items unlocked with certification points will only be available on the character you unlocked them with. This includes weapons, scopes, extended magazines, C4, etc

Will similar secondary weapons on tanks unlock across multiple characters?

Weapons are unique to each vehicle and while they may be similarly named, operate differently. Weapons that would unlock on an empire specific vehicle will not unlock for a different empire. For instance a Vanguard M12 Kobalt will not be unlocked for the Prowler or Magrider.

There you go buddy, i fixed the FAQ for you so you could read the part that matters... Thanks for being a whiny sob, and not taking the time to read. .. But hey keep talking trash, doesn't change the fact that you're ignorant and still dumb as bricks.
    And nanite systems? Like auto repair? .... .. DID You buy those w/ station cash? Because i didn't see that option. Keep being 'smart', kid.
  14. GruntOne

Just an update. After logging in today I had the Burster arm on my second character. I do not know if this is a generic bugfix or a result of me writing a ticket.
  15. Talizzar

Giraffe body camo did not unlock but it did for guns..........HUH!!

I think some other camo's failed to come across. Too much bother to go look.

My burster arms unlocked across all factions.

Some of the lib stuff came across but I rarely fly so I don't really know what I bought.
  16. Accuser

I'm "dumb as bricks" and you don't know what "Nanite Systems" is in this game.
    I think our conversation is finished, lol.