Heed my words, TR!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MGP, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Bargus

Sorry , but if you think the Striker will OP , based solely on the amount of damage it can do , you've got a screw loose.

Cant do damage if you cant hit. And the game has spent the last 2 months giving people a crash course of how to avoid lockons.
    Now we get a gimped lockon that requires line of sight to be maintained continually , ha!

That would be cool if the game was a vast tract of open ground on even footing. But wait lets run through some of the things that will break your lock , thus rendering all incoming damage void.

Trees - Small bumps - Rocks - A Com tower - A Hill - A giant purple crystal - A Base tower model - Other enemy vehicles - Flares - Smoke - Getting shot at whilst standing in the open for more than 10 seconds in scope - Screen Shake.

Now , for the billionth time , lets run the numbers.

2.5 Second Lock on time . 3.75 seconds to unload all rockets. Depending on max range/projectile speed , you could be looking at 8-10 seconds before the first rocket hits.

That gives any stock vehicle , regardless of utility or certification's , 8-10 seconds to get out of dodge.

If you cant break the a line of sight lock within 8 seconds , then your client has either crashed or you have forgot how to breathe.
    • Up x 1
  2. Kastrenzo

Striker is a retooled NS Annihilator, and that launcher was made into the most useless POS in the game after the devs nerfed it, to appease the hoardes of crying tank and liberator operators,

They complained that it was OP, But what they never mentioned in their bawwing was that their Liberators and Tanks were getting taken out by MULTIPLE PLATOONS FROM THE SAME OUTFIT/S FIRING ON THEM

Even a column of Mighty Vanguards is no match for 40-50 Heavy Assaults all in region, firing Lockon Missiles at them. But SOE caters to the whiners, and we went back to the way things used to be, Footsoldiers having little to no effect against vehicles at long range.

If you ask me, whether it be Lancer, SKEP, Striker, Shrike, whatever. All tanks should be engaged by squads firing volleys of Rockets, because the only way a single soldier can take out a tank with a Launcher is to hit them in the back at close range, and that opportunity very seldom presents itself
  3. HadesR

I'm sure people will cry about the Phoenix .. But before you do just remember Camera guided weapons that require skill to use is what you ASKED for during the whole Lockonside drama.

Becareful what you wish for :)
  4. GamerGawd

Theyre all going to be OP for 2 weeks, to make $.
    Then nerfed to make everyone -$.
    Then new ones will come to make $.
    then nerfed to make everyone -$.

Its a loser cycle.
    • Up x 1
  5. Xasapis

From my own experience from an organised outfit, you don't need platoons to keep away platoons of vehicles. What you need is a squad with a caller calling target and you can keep platoon size column of vehicles away or killed. 5-6 HA, 2 Eng, 2 med, 2 burster maxes and you're set to deny all vehicles on every hex surrounding your area.

Once upon a time air was a dominant force. That stopped being true a lot of content updates ago. Now ground vehicles are getting hammered into nothingness. I suppose it was bound to happen, since there is no prerequisite to vehicles besides resources.

Perhaps we'll reach a point where the majority won't pull any vehicles for anything but AMS and transportation. We are not there yet, but I'm pretty certain that a good portion of players don't bother with them.
  6. Aractain

Some people seem to think the TR expect the striker to be low damage, the whole TTK thing people say is werid - Striker seems to be dumbfire like ttk but with a lock so as long as you can hit the target it should be pretty effective.
    BUT I wanted some unique new tactical options as a result of a new launcher but I don't get any new tactics at all just more effective current ones. (The only new tactic is MASS HARRASS AIR by lock and fire at all aircraft in the air for LOLZ).

If the thing had very low lockon time, or super fast reloads or a burst fire dumbfire (like the rocklet from PS1) - anything! Then it would be at least new. I currently don't have a problem with current lock on damage, I don't expect to be able to take down tanks or air on my own. I have an issue with targets using cover and flares (air) to mitigate my ability to hit them - things which both of the other new launchers overcome in different ways.

I would like a skill based weapon with greater chance to hit with not so much damage as the striker curretly. As it was shown the lancer seems to be the best anti-air denial weapon in the game. The power of a lockon with no lock on; 2.5 lock + 5.2 reload vs 4 sec charge and seems like a 4 second reload so 7.7 vs 8 with no defense or armour, no drop and almost hitscan? VS will dominate air. Striker will dominate all the things that lockons currently already dominate.

Don't forget the 2 full charge ups per reload so its 4 + 4 for 2 lockon damage vs 2.5 + 5.2 + 2.5 (8 vs 10.2). This dosn't account for travel time (which is FAF but can hit cover) and things like time for optics view which should be the same. And the first hit might have no warning. So 4 seconds after the hit and your fighter is burning.

Also a team of two lockons are defeated by flares the same but two lancers can alpha strike air then use single shots to finish him off within 2 seconds.

(Im expecting the lancer to be nerfed btw... but I really love the gun!)
  7. UrMom306

Only difference is the magrider is free (minus any money spent on the guns), the ESL costs the monies, so nerfing something after people pay for it rendering it a POS royally sucks
  8. Goretzu

We'll have to see, although the amount of coordinated DPS it's going to be able to put out looks pretty large atm.
  9. Doublefrost

Don't forget, the Phoenix will get turning radius and damage buffs to compensate for the Striker nerf.
  10. Shockwave44

No, the ESL is just another weapon, and like all weapons, you can use certs to unlock them, not just money.
  11. Shockwave44

Balanced against what? Have you even tried the magrider in the VR room?
  12. UrMom306

yes but you are still unlocking something either it be real money or hard earned certs. Example: they nerf the mag, you don't lose anything because everyone has access to it from the start.
  13. Shockwave44

So the lockdown isn't kinda OP? See, if you had the buffed lockdown before the magrider nerf, everything would now be fine. Instead the prowler went up and the mag went down. So there is a huge balance issue now.
  14. Shockwave44

No, I lost the weapons, utility, defense and performance slots I certed into because I don't use the magrider anymore. It just sits in my garage collecting dust.
  15. UrMom306

See the original post was talking about a weapon so i thought we were talking about the magrider's weapon. yeah that does suck that you certed into it. I'm still getting owned by magriders but sure that sucks
  16. Tekuila

Stop whining about the mag rider
    , we don't give a **** and that isn't what this thread is about. Shoo.
  17. Shockwave44

Yeah, wasn't talking you you.
  18. MaxDamage

First there is reading.
    Then there is comprehension.

Work on the latter.
  19. StormStrafe

A false semantic argument that only the most foolish would agree with. Work on it yourself.
  20. MaxDamage

You misread/misunderstood my first comment and went into a pathetic /rage.

Sort your life out.