You think TR got shafted with new ESRL ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MadGelo, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaolungbao

Are you waiting for release before you can confirm the phoenix is camera guided?
    Does the Vs deny the lancer has dual firing modes because it's not released yet?

From another thread in response to another "try it out first" non-tr:

i'm discussing the hard facts.. not the "who's best at what" qualities.

can't lock onto maxes - do i need to try that to find out if true?
    no dumbfire - i need to test that for myself?
    usability versus tanks behind cover - i need to test out how locks cancel, NC can shoot over the cover and Vs can insta-gib when i try to take a shot?
    it requires lockon retention - i haven't seen that before?

lockon time 3.5secs, clip unload time 2.8 secs = MINIMUM lockon time of 6.3secs to enable it's only advantage; damage.
    Already that's past the 5sec fire-forget of the annihilator that went from OP to bleh post-nerf.
    Add another second for realism to hit mid-range targets and you have 7.3seconds. A possible additional nerf of 50% to the annihilator simply TO HIT a target.

The 6.3 is a hardcoded number which is higher than the hardcoded number for annihilator which is already lackluster now.

Sure it sounds like whining to you cuz SOE has a bad habit of combo nerf/buff's as a doubling down to problem solutions. But that doesn't mean i'm "whining".

Whining is when NC tries to say "ya i can fire it in a biolab, but the guidance isn't tight enough to weave through hallways/doors!!!"

or if VS say.. well actually VS haven't done anything but talk about how great the striker is.... lolz.
    • Up x 1
  2. Doublefrost

Being able to blow up Sunderers and Infantry hiding behind cover from perfect safety atop an ammo reload box or being able to snipe any vehicle with coordinated no-warning instagib from max render distance is such a horrible fate. NC and VS sure are screwed with their launchers. It's awful for them. Just awful.
    • Up x 1
  3. MissTiger

The day after I bought an Annihilator, it was nerfed. Then in short order, it was nerfed again into uselessness. All I gotta say is that if SOE thinks I am going to buy ANOTHER lock-on rocket launcher, they can dream again. Maybe after 2-3 months of 'balancing' these new ones, I *might* look at it.
    • Up x 1
  4. Citizen H

I had to laugh during the stream when Higby said they wouldn't decrease the lock on time on the Striker because an ESF/tank suddenly getting hit with no warning wouldn't be fair. But it's OK that the VS and NC launchers do exactly that.

He's so blatantly biased against TR it isn't even funny anymore. About as subtle as a NC MAX instagibbing a TR MAX with full armor.
    • Up x 1
  5. Bagginz

Do I need to spell this out for you? Obviously we know generally how it works, and around what kind of damage it does. My point is that there's watching a video of Higby firing at stationary sundies, and there's using the rocket launcher against enemies in game. Those are two totally different things. You seem to think that watching that video is enough for you to say that you don't like it, and that's fine. As I said, to each his own. But, I think it's pretty safe to expect there to be certain advantages and quirks to each launcher that aren't really depicted in the video.

Listen, I'm not saying it's definitely going to be this killer launcher. I'm not even saying that it's not going to suck. All I'm saying is that you're making a judgement, and getting all worked up before anyone has even used it. While you're free to speculate all you want, your complaints aren't going to be taken seriously until people can actually try it in game, and formulate their own opinion.
  6. Doublefrost

They're importing empire specific gear and vehicles from PlanetSide. Why not the anti-TR bias where the majority of gear nerfs fall on red while blue and purple go relatively unscathed?
  7. Takoita

Same problem with the Pounder. Theoritically it has very good DPS, but you ain't gonna apply it in the field with any kind of reliability.
  8. Shaolungbao

I know.. of course i give the same advice to anyone askign about weapons "go trial it first".

But this situation is a little different. As stated there are hard facts that are actual restrictions on the weapon in discussion per higby's own words. Most of those i'm talking about and bringing up here BEFORE they make a final decision that then requires a buff/nerf. It's an attempt to be proactive based on simple facts.

I'm not arguing about characteristics that are common through all esrl's like damage per round or something. I won't repeat it, they're laid out above. They aren't things you can "try" they'll either be present or not, and i'd like them present when i do a trial with it the first time.

When you add up all those missing capabilities, coupled with the fact that it is factually worse in the one area that broke the annihilator (lock-on time) you don't need to test that either. The resulting mechanic is still a lockon. What would people have said if they nerfed the annihilator to 6+ seconds for a slight damage buff? they'd get raged on by everyone. Yet TR are just complainers right now? Not buying it.

So add it all up and you get a steamy pile that's been painted gold and has a smokescreen labelled "big damage possible please buy".
  9. Riemer

Sometimes I think they won't be happy until TR is deserted and the game is NC vs VS. I hope in time they play some TR as well to gain more perspective.
  10. zappy

VS has the worst RPG unless the power-up shot does some serious damage.
  11. Bargus

zappy.....just....sigh.....you play cod at all?
  12. Shaolungbao

I'm hoping the situation crosses some developers mind after seeing these threads within the next few hours...

what if I'm called into the bosses office to explain how the next great weapon was completely neglected/ignored and generated 0 revenue from an ENTIRE FACTION... How did we screw up THAT BAD.. what is the problem here?

This is still a busniess. Development time that generates 0 revenue is still wasted resources. Gaming development is very time sensitive with limited resources and a short lifespan. You can't have a release completely bomb especially when they datamine and find out the forums were telling them what was happening.

I'm sure i'd ask "are we sure to release the Striker like this?" at least once today to someone and start a discussion about it; if i were a dev.

and then hopefully someone would read my sig and think "damn it really is that bad, because his version is pretty awesome and is still limited in the same areas as he listed.. just.. less.. bad..."
  13. rickampf

Im feel like we are losing our striking features... Our effective weapons seems like weak version of others, Like the TMG (wannabe NC)-50.
    Why do you nerfed our claymores?... you could snipe it from 100m!
    And the flinch was reduced... but the T9-Carv remains the same (buff to NC, nerf to TR), I remember that was the reason for the nerf in our main LMG, since it disturbed the aim of the NC low rof weapons.
    Prowlers? Why do a large explosion, from a TANK cannon, could kill a infantry unity with one shot? Cause it is a TANK; Oh... but the prowler has 2 cannons... nerf it.
    Now this Striker thing with no dumb fire mode... if it will be good (i doubt), i already know the outcome.
  14. Bagginz

No, you're still missing the point. You talk about "adding it up". I want to focus on that. The issue here, is that you're "adding it up", and not trying it in game. I'm not talking about getting in the VR and shooting at a stationary sundy, or holding the launcher and praying that it will have some feature it doesn't. I'm talking about using it in game, not "adding it up" on a piece of paper.

Again, when all you're doing is "adding it up", and not actually using it in game, it's pretty hard to take your scathing criticism seriously. I have a lot of the weapons in PS2 unlocked, and after using each one, I can't see how it's fair to evaluate any of them without actually using them in game yourself. There are just too many things that don't come thru in a video or on paper to know if you're going to like it or not.

If you get on the forum and start ranting and raving about some gun that's not even out yet, your guaranteed to be called a whiner. Why? Because nobody has even had the chance to try the fackin' thing yet, and most people who play this game know that there's a lot more to each gun than what's written on the stat sheet. People are thinking "what the hell does this guy know about it, he hasn't even tried it yet!" Justify it all you want man, but you're still just raving based on a pure speculation of how ineffective this gun will be in game.

Not only is it hard to take you seriously, but anyone trying to argue with you is forced to base their argument purely on speculation as well, so both sides of the argument stand on equally weak footing.
  15. Xind

After trying it out today in VR, against stationary targets...I can honestly say this weapon is garbage. Lock on time is very long and the total time to kill an enemy vehicle is EXTREMELY long...this is again against non-moving, non-flaring targets. I don't even see why this was added to the game because it's pretty clearly worthless. I'm not even sure it's as good as the over nerfed annihilator.
  16. Aractain

its 2.5 second lockon btw, not 3.5 or 3. It is better dps than other launchers but with more exposure and not amazingly so - only a few seconds less to kill a aircraft than a grounder and a bit more for annihilator.

If they buff it (so 1 magazine to kill fighters) then its overpowered for sure so its riding a line of "most powerful a lockon can get" with no creativity at all from what he showed. (Oh and zero skill required it seems - kind of contary to what the point of these launchers was about - hope they remove them and rethink the striker - even if they put in the others in the meantime - its not like we don't already have lockons to fight with amirite??? :p).

I want something fun and cool and effective; just like the other 2.
  17. Shaolungbao

anyways.. i'm not doing this for other factions' benefit. i'm doing it for dev's benefit especially considering Higby's attitude is more negative towards TR than any VS/NC i've ever met in-game.

And as said i'm not NC trying to theorycraft, reload time, damage, turning radius and projectile speed to determine the spots i want to shoot from.
    I'm not VS trying to calculate exactly how many lancers i need to single charge shot spam a lib/esf/galaxy.

I'm a TR that's adding up MISSING CAPABILITIES when compared to other esrl's. There's nothing to try out on release if they're not designed into the weapon pre-release. And even aside from those, the rest of my points is based on the premise that IF YOU IGNORE SHOTS 3,4 and 5.. you basically have an annihilator that shot twice instead of once.

the only thing left to try is whether the added lockon time for 3,4,5 to actually realize this great damage potential will or won't work.

Well we can realistically project based on the annihilator rise and fall from a single factor nerf (lockon time) that it's pretty much a steamy pile! lolz. All 3 factions already showed their testing opinions that an increase to 5seconds turned OP gold into a steamy pile.

Now they're hoping that repackaging the same weapon, with another 21% lockon time nerf to 7seconds, clouded over with the marketing hopes of big damage and 5x's the pewpew sound effects is enough for us to forget that 5 seconds already ruined the last lockon.

Now i'll finish with i get your point of view. But if you have nothing constructive to add besides criticizing the posters well.. imagine your reply to yourself.

in 2 weeks they release new vehicles. TR get a flying vehicle carriership. VS get a flying vehicle spawn point. NC get a reskinned vanguard that is slower and has longer reload time. NC should just stop whining and at least test it first?
  18. Citizen H

TR doesn't have a faction specific theme.

It was allegedly high rate of fire, but NC and VS get weapons with the same ROF as TR, usually with better damage or accuracy and better TTK.

TR get larger mags, but with Time to Kill being all important, and mag size not really affecting that, it's a weak and dubious advantage at best, and it's not like NC and VS don't get Extended Mags attachments. The fact that everyone does get extended mags but nobody really uses them (Bursters being the exception) shows that most players really don't find that an attractive advantage.

Claymores are another blatant example of TR getting screwed over. They are 100% inferior to the other faction's counterparts and only have a 180 degree blast/detonation angle with no other real advantage in addition to being more visible.

People digging through the files found that they devs are/were working on new weapons for multi-maned MBTs.

The NC Vanguard gets a railgun to replace it's cannon. Very cool.
    The TR Prowler gets...two more barrels. Copy and pasted to the other side of the turret. How lazy, boring and uncreative is that? It's not like the Prowler hasn't suffered enough from having two barrels that required it's HE being gutted. So they'll have to land four shots just to keep up with the Vanguard's one?

Ridiculous, lazy and biased.
  19. Shaolungbao

check my sig and tell me that wouldn't have been cool, and fair.
  20. iZLA

+1
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.