Refund when nerf / buff weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HiTeHa, Mar 21, 2013.

1. treisinegomoh

Add with this line you've already leveraged your own argumentation. Then all players would just use the current most OP weapon unless they nerf it and than switch back to the second most OP weapon without any drawback or loss of money.

1) If yo by/use a specific weapon by knowing its so to say OP and by the intention to rule with this new OP weapon you must admit that you will know previously that this wont last forever.

2) Balancing is an on-going process which needs be reiterated every time new weapons are added to the game. The only way your suggestion would be possible at all would be a fixed set of weapons right from the beginning perfectly balanced and never new weapons introduced. Does this even sound appealing for you?

3) Think, learn and adept. This is a general good advise, particular useful when to decide how to spend money - real money. Even though such online games don't get you the feeling as e.g. a buying a stock share but its still the same from one point of view. You spend real money on something. It's business, you should know the risks and processes beforehand and ignorance is no excuse.
  2. Wintermaulz

When people buy champions in League of legends, that then get balanced (read nerfed), you don't see huge calls for refunds. Man up and get over your self. Balancing happens to everything.

TL : DR refer to my sig
  3. HiTeHa

1) where is typed that weapon is OP? Can you post screenshot when you buy weapon it say you "this is OP and will be nerfed" ???

2) Balance fail is problem of SOE. Not player. If SOE want sell stuff for money, they must take care of precious balance. Take a look on my example posts before: Camo. You buy blue and get green. Yes, you still get camo but with diffetent "stats". Your fail or SOE fail? You should leave your personal frustration against OP weapons.

3) If you buy "stuff" and will get different "stuff" .. willl you accept answer: "sorry, think, learn and adept, Its business." ??? I think you should think little more now!
  4. HiTeHa

Did they got refund? You buyed it too? ... btw balance is problem of developers. Noone can sell virtual items and think if they change them it is your problem. You can get to jail if you steal virtual items. And if you buy something and get different stuff, you were cheated = against law.
  5. WalrusJones

If something is wrong with your product, a manufacturer have a right to recall it and get it fixed.
  6. treisinegomoh

Oh boy, don't act dumber than you are. At least you admit to use these forums already.

I've no problems with OP weapons at all. I just don't act like a rampant child insta buying everything on release date. I wait until things calm down, i.e. i dont by them and than cry for refund when they got nerfed.

You've made a real bad mistake by changing topics and argumentation in the course of this thread totally. I answered to your OP. Your camo example is a complete different situation and has nothing to do with the OP or thread title, which is: 'Refund when nerf / buff weapons'. Its like saying apples a re bad and for demonstration you bring pears.

If you get a different good as you have paid for than this is a clear case of reimbursement. But before we can continue to discuss this, what are you actually so upset about? Weapon nerfs or false praised goods?
  7. HiTeHa

I must laught. You first time told that we should not buy OP weapons and if I told you where is it typed, you come with nonsense answer. You should learn more about law. You are maybe just a child but in this world are laws and your arguments are not valid.

Please read full thread more times. My example about camo is only because players like you only see yourself and frustration against weapons. You can not see problem is wide spectre - you buy something and get different. In this game is it mainly weapons.

I know you will not reply valied answers because you have personal problems with OP wepoans so please leave this thread. Iam tired to explain this over and over because of lazy peoples which not read full thread.
  8. treisinegomoh

It's hard, really hard. You demand that everyone should get over their personal perspective and still you fail to do so by yourself. Yet you also fail completely to address my points and ignorant repeat incessant the same argumentation over and over again. I already stated why your argumentation is wrong.

But again, i will try to keep it simple so that there might be a chance you understand this:

a) If you bought game content which is being altered afterwards (e.g. a nerfed weapon) than that's bad luck. You agreed the the EULA.
    b) If you bought something and get something different instead than that's a serious problem and against common law. You should get refund/reimbursement.

Now, you can not address issue a) with arguing on issue b). These are different cases /qed.

p.s.: I hate to do so but it really annoys me how obvious simple-minded persons try to offend other people and by doing so just showing how foolish they are:
    The only thing you're adding here is: "You say nonsense. You are dumb. I'm right." This is how a child would argue. To add something valid myself. I'm not a lawyer but i'm quite confident that SOE has put much effort into making the EULA in accordance with common law. I may ask for too much and it may overtax you but you should take a look into the EULA as it helps you to get things right about what is a valid argument.

If at all you could denounce the EULA and demand a change regarding refund, which i would support right away. But you're not doing that so you have to life with all the mockery you earn here.
  9. HiTeHa

I will not reply to your first block because I will (as you say) just repeat because you not read full thread.

For your two points a) and b). Can you tell be differents between these points? I do not know if you see it but you type point a) and inside point b) you type oposite opinion!

Can you tell me where is different if you buy "game content" and they change it after some time, do you have different item? So it come under point b) or a) ??? ... You telling me that Iam dumb ... but did you try to think about what you typed? Are you serious?

As I typed ...you are just frustrated because of some players pwn you with some (mabye OP) weapons. You can not understand that problem is not weapons, but "refund for changed items (in this game is it mostly weapons)" ....
  10. Doublefrost

Support is correct in not giving you any money back. Balance adjustments and exploit fixes are necessary actions when it comes up.
  11. treisinegomoh

Honestly, are you able to read? I mean not only to speak the words out loud while reading but actually understand the underlying meaning? Because you're wanna stick to weapon examples i will - patiently as i am - will give an even more concrete example:
    a) You bought the annihilator. Nice, fine weapon it is. Now 4 weeks later everyone agrees that this needs re-balancing asap. So it got nerfed. Your weapon has changed. Its not nice but there is nothing you can really do about (besides of raging and crying). Its in full accordance with the EULA you have agreed to.
    b) You bought a body camo but it turns that this is only a weapon camo. Not nice. Either its a bug which can be fixed or something else went wrong. Anyhow, SOE delivers something else than you bought. This needs to be addressed somehow, even if that would mean a refund.

Try it, its not that hard. Clearly its case a). Because, as you already said "they change it after some time" - so initially you've got what you paid for. I admit, this sounds weird but it's strictly spoken the way it has to be seen. An btw. there is one big point you still havent understood yet. Even if they nerf your new shiny weapon into oblivion after 1 day its still the same weapon. You don't by TTK, dps or stats but a weapon with a specific name and behavior. And as long as the weapon fits the weapon description its the same weapon regardless any subsequent changes.

Sigh! Get over it. Not everyone has issues with so called OP weapons (or their nerfes). E.g. i own an anni myself which is by now - and rally everyone will agree on that point - totally useless. But i don't complain, at least not about getting no refunds because i know this wont happen - I've agreed to this user unfriendly business model.

You must see that this is the way SOE is making money. And not only SOE. Every free-to-play online game is doing the very same. And in each of those games weapons and other stuff is altered after some time and you never will have a chance to challenge this before a court.

As a customer there is only one way to express your disagreement: Don't by anything in the first days/weeks of release or don't by anything at all.
  12. Bagginz

I find SoE's response to be perfectly acceptable... It's a video game, and you know damn well that nerfs/buffs happen. Trying to allude to the idea that you somehow didn't know it was possible that they would nerf/buff it is just dishonest. Asking SoE to go out of there way to reimburse you because they did something that is totally within their boundary, and widely accepted by the vast majority of MMO gamers is pure snobbery.