SOE plans to monetize KDR.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BuzzCutPsycho, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaZz0R

I am posting because I dont care :p
  2. SKYeXile

well when i went from 37k to 47k kills i only had about 320 deaths :p because i was mainly liberating with a pilot who likes to not die...me ill crash a scythe into an AMS jump out ontop of it and tube/grenade bandoleer everybody.
  3. Cl1mh4224rd

Your lack of willpower is not SOE's problem...
    • Up x 1
  4. Tatwi

^--- Straw man.

People "care", because KDR ruins the game by making many players care more about some number than about the social, team goal oriented game play that was intended to set Planetside 2 apart from all the other shooter games.

People like you just devalue PS2 by making it no different than any other shooter game, save for its horrendous performance issue. Keep up the good work, dude. You rock. Maybe SOE will add some NPCs for you to farm when all the other players have moved onto other games/hobbies. You know, because you're just that valuable to the Planetside 2 experience and SOE.
    • Up x 6
  5. sharpT

KDR is an important indicator on how well you play this game. If your KDR is below 1, you are simply not that proficient in playing.
    Your empire deserves better of you. This was true in PS1 and the same in PS2.

Remember your own actions dictate your KDR , but you can't dictate the outcome of the battle. Winning/losing the base doesn't have any bearing on my actions, but KDR does.
  6. StormStrafe

Matty: "Theres lots of discussion about KDR on the forums currently. What's your take on it Higby?"

Matthew Higby: "truthfully? I think there are a lot bigger problems for us to worry about than KDR, but we have discussed it."

Matty: "agreed but also think it's removal would make a big difference in me and mates enjoyment, seems players on roadmap want it gone"

(Didn't feel like putting [sic] everywhere.)

Source: https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/314860928011223040
    • Up x 2
  7. Zarth

There's needs to be a goal. Something to show a player has been through some tough ****.

Achievements would be great. Achievements you could link to your outfit chat?? EVENN BETTER. I know how much the players in WoW liked this. Seems like the gaming community today needs achievements.

KDR shouldn't be monetized.

HEAD SHOTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!
  8. Tasogie

trolling I see, not helping.KDR does not have one iota of impact on anything ever in any way. except for 1 thing. it destroys community because the arrogance an abusive nature of that type of player ruins community's. the KDR farmers are young, arrogant an seriously devoid of any social ability.
  9. Tasogie

Why dow e need more COD systems, that is the single worst gaming idea that has ever infested FPS gaming.All your doing is trying to turn the game even more into that pile house crap. We dont need achievements. Why exactly do you need other people to see how many kills you have farmed? it doesn't impress anyone an it damn sure does nothing for the community.
  10. SKYeXile

This game plays like every other game because it was made to attract those players that do play those gameS, as for the NPC's? Tell me when they're ingame and I'll login to play, I could use a more challenging opponent.
  11. drNovikov

LOL. One low k/d medic dedicted to healing and rezzing his teammates is a much better player that a lowly cowardtanker spaming a spawnroom with HE.
    • Up x 1
  12. Zarth

No @__@ they could do it the right way but meh I don't think it could be done the right way now that I think about it.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/april-daily-medals-achievements.82969/

There's the roadmap for it. Not many like it.
  13. Tasogie

14. Pruto

Oh tanks. The nerve center of the dunning-kruger phenomenon in gaming. Cue really convoluted and illogical arguments about why dying in heaps is somehow beneficial for the team and everyone who doesn't do this is a filthy stat padder
  15. powerz

yes, they do use stat based algorithmic detection's to weed out hackers, same concept and process as a procon script does with any other punkbuster based anti cheat measures, they have triggers set on their end and all allowing people to reset their stats will do is make that harder for the average person to check up on......and with so many working free and paid hacks floating around for this game it's just another way for them to melt into the shadows because yes, players being grifed sure as hell do usually report others based solely on their stats, it's the curse of any game that tracks stats and it's actually how most hackers are caught.
  16. HadesR

What are you gong to blame if they removed KDR .. and low and behold nothing changed ?

Remove KDR and 90% of people will continue to play the same .. Why ? ermm because it's how they enjoy playing and not much in the game outside of cert's holds much value ..

You know what will change more people's play style ? Making things meaningful .. Atm there is no reason w/e to bang your head against a brick wall trying to defend a base .. Who care's if we lose it, we don't lose anything meaningful and we will just retake it in 5 mins for more XP.
    Atm apart from it's scale PS2 has very little to set it apart from most of the other shooter's , bases might as well be TDM arena's for all the value they hold ..
    Until that changes good luck getting people's play style to change
    • Up x 1
  17. Aghar30

Blue spy from TF2 has something to say about this, and I agree with him.
  18. Lexicon

I love how the vocal minority speaks for the whole community.

Taking kdr out of the game, because many here don't have the willpower to ignore it, will TOTALLY change how people play this game. Haha, sure. Some of you here need to get real and also grow a pair.

I was doing ops all night last night with TE and my kdr was HIGHER than usual. More cognitive dissonance for you to ponder over....
  19. Ash87

I love it.

The Positive votes For the idea mentioned by the OP, is 10% of the total downvotes.

448 downvotes
    47 upvotes
  20. GroundPounder

^^^ THIS ^^^
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.