Why no ESRL for TR?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MGP, Mar 21, 2013.

1. MGP

Read my previous post.
  2. WalrusJones

The annihilator cannot take out a tank thats over half health: The striker certainly can.
  3. MGP

The burst fire mode is not confirmed yet. And if by "unique" you mean "do more damage", then i just disagree. Also, read my previous post "what will happen if Striker will be good".
  4. GamerOS

You do know they are much easier to dogde right? They loose target if you the Heavy looses their lock, so terrain and distance will allow you to survive more often.
  5. SirBurning

I agree there

But it having a magazine makes it unique in my opinion.
    I do think it was confirmed in the video? He hasn't showed it. Or I must have missed it.
    I agree that the TR is the least innovative and the NC being the most. But I don't think this weapon is something that should be discarded as ''ánother annihilator'''
  6. MGP

Having a magazine, is pure cosmetic difference. And as i get from the video, he said something like "we'll maybe add a burst fire mode".
  7. ReconMarauder

Watching that video, they ALL look overpowered, especially when you compare them to the launcher variants already in the game. They all looked like they did 10-15% more damage than they should have, but at the very least the ammo pools for each of them were one magazine too big.
  8. bodmans

lancer still is dumbfire. :eek: yay for skillz

it has MASSIVE bullet drop

plus with the striker your reticule should be at the tank at all times(short intervals of branches and such will be allowed i guess)
  9. Hibiki54

Pssst.... o_O It's already in the works...
  10. WalrusJones

Well, I can give a detailed observation of the rocket launchers:

NC: Effective rate of fire: 6 per minute. 10 if close (At the cost of all survivability an maneuverability.)
    Dumbfire damage.
    Exchanges TTK on vehicles for utility.
    Can be defended against with conventional arms, flack triggers on the missiles.
    Highest creative potential.

VS: Effective rate of fire: Variable.
    6 uncharged shots = A dumbfire.
    1 charged shot (3 ammo) = A dumbfire.
    Exchanges AI capabilities for large AV capacity with a high skillcap.
    Long charge times, and reload times make its true DPS rather low, its burst DPS rather decent (If charged, uncharged X3,) or its damage per loadout are absurd if all shots are charged.

TR: Effective rate of fire: 37ish per minute.
    5 shots: ~2800-3300 damage (Less through armor, can two mag tanks with one hitting rear armor, and one hitting elsewhere.)
    Vulnerable to lock-on counters (But capable of so much saturation that these counters are situational VS a smart striker operator, only if you can take cover, or get out of range will it save you from the striker.)
    Will probably suffer VASTLY against reinforced front armor.
    Bad for sunderer kills.
    No dumbfire.
    Could have anywhere from good, to godly DPS depending on whether or not the burst fire mode is added.
  11. MrGurrenLemfox

People only focusing about the striker having no uniqueness, they forgot that in most recent update the pump action shotgun is just a copy of each other. if you want something unique dont play this game were 50 % of the weapon is carbon copy of one another where slight different make the trait of one faction completely gone, all shotgun are the same, all pump action shotgun are the same , all rocket launcher are all the same, do you think skep and the crow have different stat? no they dont they are an lock on AV RL. Striker is a AV and AA RL with 5 magazine size that the only the TR have. ONLY TR HAVE THAT, NC does not have a AA and AV RL with 5 rockets in 1 magazine, you should be glad that it is something that you familiar with, not like the lancer and Phoenix that we as player need to get used to first, train with it, try to be the best and use it to our advantage. Beside if you really want Phoenix and Lancer you have the option to make a different character in one account . And no to Dumbfire striker that would ruin the balance of infantry gameplay. beside to kill infantry you have your LMG for that , the best in the game.
  12. McJackson

I agree the TR ESL seems boring, although effective. Just what TR is all about. So... A unique launcher for TR? How about a launcher that launches miniature Mosquitoes that fly around rocket-podding everyone. Alternate firemode launches Prowlers. Has a magazine size of 150. Would fit the TR playstyle perfectly.
    • Up x 1
  13. MGP

SKEP and Crow might be the same (they are the same actually). But they are weapons of two different empires.
    As of Striker, it's just a copy of Annihilator. The magazine firing is pure cosmetic change. You can pretend it's not there. I doesn't change anything in gameplay. What's the point of having another "AA/AG lockon launcher" and just copy the one already in the game. Why in the hell i would want a second Annihilator?
    /offtopic As for the best LMG, that'll be VS Orion, pal.