Empire Specific Anti-Vehicle Weapons Demoed by Higby

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Larington, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Rustler

The Phoenix is gonna be used to camp like ps1 except now it is going to be instant kill.....that turn radius is way too much man
    • Up x 1
  2. centurionvi

So basically the TR launcher is the only one that can't be dumbfired so it will be useless against a MAX, is the only one with a direct counter in IR smoke and flares, and is the only one where you must remain exposed for several seconds to hold the lock on, as opposed to the Phoenix which can be fired behind cover, and the Lancer which can be charged behind cover?

There sure are a lot of cons to this thing.
    • Up x 7
  3. Chiss

They've already sold the other weapons ;)
    • Up x 1
  4. LonelyTerran

Business as usual eh dev team?
  5. Sifer2

Well he recommended Burster MAX in the video. Since Burster flak explodes when it's near air vehicles. And the rocket is considered an air vehicle. So I wonder then if this will create weird counter scenarios where if you know an outfit of NC is on a cliff spamming Pheonix one or two Burster MAX's can completely shut them down.
  6. {joer

Pretty much this....

[IMG]

See whats missing as usual. Striker is worse than I imagined and I imagined it pretty crappy.
    • Up x 4
  7. RovingDeath

I never realized Higby was so gangsta. But dude, it's not iron sights. You're looking through optics ;)
  8. LonelyTerran

[IMG]
    Something is definitely missing from that Ad.
    I can't tell tho
    Hmmm..................
    • Up x 3
  9. Reloaded

They look amazing to me. Any it's obvious they spent some extra time on these. The models look amazing IMO. I LOVE the reload animations! Especially the Phoenix.

Looking forward to these. Glad I have some extra SC.
  10. Nocturnal7x

Did I see that correctly? Phoenix cant destroy a sundy in 4 rockets but striker destroys a sundy in 3 mags? It reloads super fast too. This is gonna be interesting.

Can't wait to see these in game.
  11. Chiss

Is it.... art that accurately reflects the game?
  12. Chiss

It reloads fast, but you have to consider that it takes quite a while to fire all 5 rockets.
    Time to fire 5 rockets + reload might be longer than 1 rocket + reload on standard launchers.
    • Up x 2
  13. Noktdaz

This is one of those moments when I am glad I picked VS.
    • Up x 2
  14. RovingDeath

You heard him say it; nobody likes the TR anyway!
    • Up x 2
  15. {joer

Hope hes looking for work soon.
  16. CommodoreFrank

So, he acted like the Sundy takes a bit more damage from the rear, but PS2Calc says it's equal damage all around before blockade armor. Which is it actually? Damage always seemed equal from my experience.
    • Up x 2
  17. italktowalls

backseat of a flash+ the Phoenix=? at least u will be moving instead of standing still.
    • Up x 1
  18. QuakerOatsMan

Keep in mind that 300m range is almost a full hex, more than enough from eg: around crossroads or TI alloys straight into the crown. Focusing on downing missiles means the player is vulnerable against sniper fire, etc. Don't act as if people will have 100% hit rates on missiles, and also keep in mind there are far more options that will occupy players. If not these, how do you want it balanced then?
  19. Pikachu

I'm want to test the phoenix. I lost all my interest in the terran launcher due the lack of dumbfire. Laser guiding would be nicer as others said instead of locking. Unless the lancer gets a nice laser beam effect I have no interest in it.

They're gonna release it on monday? When it has taken so long already why not wait to the game update on wednesday? Hehe.
  20. Eclipson

You are not taking into account that you have to wait 5 seconds for a lock, and 5 second for the mag to be emptied. So 10 seconds to get one clip unloaded on a vehicle. Which can be countered by Ir Smoke and Flares. What a piece of junk. I had high hopes for this thing. At least I know I can save my money.
    • Up x 2