Landmines Placed in Spawn Rooms

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Singed, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Krayus_Korianis

One of the few reasons I don't rush the spawn room when the base/outpost turns... I'm not an idiot. I get enough Xp/Certs by healing and repairing stuff. Let the grunts take the hit.

I also get the Xp/Certs for reviving and healing people. So, go ahead grunts, rush that room with fervor!
  2. Talizzar

How many times does this work on you? If it is more than once than you get what you deserve. It is called sabotage and it is done all over in war especially when retreating. The thirst for a couple of more kills is so strong that you just have to charge in and get blown up?

The mines are not invisible. When people charge they are not looking for mines.

I bet you are the same guy the spawns and runs out into the meat grinder cross fire just to die and respawn and you do it again and again?

I believe I manged to kill over 6 people including 2 maxes and two terminals once. It was glorious!

People who charge indiscriminately deserve what they get.
  3. Cowabunga

I love doing it - 3 landmines 2 claymores and 2 C4 :D
  4. Sinoby

While we are at nerfing antipersonel mines at predictable places, can we make it so you can not place antitank mines at choke points and bridges. It is totally unfair! I don't want anything to ruin my fun!
    • Up x 3
  5. NachoFoot

I saw this happening at some of the smaller bases.

Currently, if you lob a grenade up top, it will destroy the tank mines inside. I was able to destroy everyone inside including both terminals.
  6. Talizzar

Go in the back door or the upper levels. Think outside the box.
  7. HellasVagabond

Even if it happens the first person to respawn there will die, perhaps a couple, it's not that tragic.
  8. smokemaker

Why?
    Why is it lame?

I am here to kill you.
    A mine does it nicely.
    And I place mines in places the enemy will be.

Is it because it didnt display some "skill" set you think you need to see before you die?
  9. Kaeldian

I've been the victom of this little trick. Laughed so hard I nearly fell out of my chair (cheeky devil!). Hailed back to the days when I would set a turret in the spawn room to gun down as many people as I could before getting gunned down myself.

Don't change it one bit :)
  10. Amouris

Stop running in like a derp trying to get an extra kills.
  11. Poacher

I do this all the time. I consider it to be a parting gift for kicking our ashes outta there. The XP ding from it later always makes me smile.
  12. Devrailis

I do this a lot.

So much so that I myself will rarely if ever walk into a capped spawn room first. If I do, I always check the ground.

Let the MAXes walk in in front of you.

Also: Lets make the EMP grenade useful. Let it disable enemy deployables instead of setting them off. Let that infil hop in, EMP nade the spawn room, then you're good to go.
  13. Zaik

It's great for farming all those zerglings who rush in the door as soon as it flips. If you're one of them, well...you earned it. The pain field kicks defenders out when the base flips, so there's absolutely no point in you rushing in other than desperately trying to get kills before the other zerglings and getting yourself blown up by the most obvious trap to ever exist.
  14. Jezs

I do this whenever I get a chance to. 2 proxy mines on the terminals, 2 tank mines on either side, and some C4 in the middle. Love the multikills.
  15. Dawgpound12

Unless your obsessed with KD then I see no problem.
  16. Danath

Sometimes, greedy engis get their own medicine. Some place the explosives so close to the doors I've got 3 kills and a 2 terminals destroyed by shooting to the force field with the grenade launcher. Others place them on front of the door, is not that hard to take a look at the ground with the scope before going in.
  17. Cowboyhomer

Oh No!!! They out smarted me!!!! NERF SMARTS!!!!