[Suggestion] Range identifier for scope or...

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Soundmonitor, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Soundmonitor

Would be nice to have a range meter when looking through the scope or have a binocular utility with a range meter...
  2. iccle

There was a hotkey you could use in tech test/beta that showed the range to whatever you pointed at on your crosshair
    • Up x 1
  3. Soundmonitor

Cool thank's Ill check it out in the hot keys, I found it weird that they didnt incorporate it in 10x-12x scopes, with the render problems we are having it would be nice to have the effective range for our rifles. I usually have to shoot 1 to verify if I can hit my targets at x location.
  4. LameFox

You'll need to be familiar with the weapon either way, since faster bullets = less drop before impact. Seems like it would be interesting to have though, but I'd rather to 'whatever's under the reticule' than specific targets, so you could measure distance in general without needing to set a waypoint on it.
  5. PS2Freak

personal waypoint is something like that. not perfect solution.. but ...
  6. Soundmonitor

Yeah thats what Im trying to get, using the drop of the bullet vs the range so I can allign my scope properly instead of pre-firing and letting the target that they are getting sniped, at least we will know the range when the bullet drops and which "dot" on the scope to use.
  7. SGTWOLF68

The are definitely needed, I usually shoot a false bullet some where of to the side to see what the reticle is inefficient but better to use in larger battles easier than setting a waypoint every minute.
  8. Tnsr

Somehow I think it is always the same guy with different accounts writing those requests. Even the request looks like copy&paste.
    • Up x 1
  9. Soundmonitor

What?
  10. m44v

Having a rangefinder wouldn't be any different that having a dynamic crosshair that would tell you exactly where the bullet will hit. Having to gauge the distance between you and your target is part of being sniper, take that off and you have dumbed down sniping, what's next? remove the weapon sway?