Nerf NC MAX

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blue4tw, Mar 17, 2013.

1. RovingDeath

Most of them either don't want to understand or covering their eyes and ears going LALALALALALALALALA. That video is obviously made to show killing potential at various ranges. Any kind of movement the NC MAX can do, so can the TR/VS.

Detracting from the video because it's a "rigged fight" or what have you is like saying drug tests done on mice are invalid because they contracted AIDS from a needle instead of intercourse. It's scientific. It is there to show specific results in a controlled environment with limited variables.

Teamwork? For infantry to deal with a unit that costs 200 resources? Balderdash!
  2. RovingDeath

So, the person who plays smarter (to his/her strengths), or doesn't make a mistake wins? I can get behind this.
  3. Ganelon

The moving part is incorrect. Sure, they can make the same movements, but said movements affect them differently. If they NC MAX were to charge towards the TR MAX, the TR MAX player would first have to see him charge towards him, then turn around and charge. Sure this would only be a matter of seconds, but seeing as a splatMAX can kill the TR MAX in seconds, they matter.
    Then there's the case of backing up being slower than moving forward. And every second the TR MAX has its back towards the NC MAX in an attempt to increase the distance, is more and more damage being inflicted by the NC MAX, who is moving forward (and thus, facing the TR MAX'´s back) and can kill the TR MAX easily.

You can't deny that a NC MAX takes a great deal amount of effort to take down than the other MAXes, thus making it OP.
  4. RovingDeath

The TR MAX can't just charge through the NC MAX? That's what I would do. Also there's a pause before you can shoot after charging. There's no way the NC MAX would react fast enough to gib you.
  5. Soundmonitor

When your indoors you have environment that will give the NC max an advantage, if you would see 2 max's fight outdoors constantly your point is valid, however how many times will you see any AI MAX fight outdoors?

Now if every key points had no walls there would be a different stance as we can shoot you guys from range... Now every NC MAX user is not stupid and will use the walls, gens to give them cover until somebody tries to go for the point.

Remove all the walls or any environment to any key points in the game that will give the NC MAX advantage and we have a different story now the TR/VS MAX will be equal to the NC MAX.
  6. RovingDeath

Fixed part is in red. I'm all about balance but let's try not to go overboard here. Unless you were simply going for theatrics, in which case no offense intended.

Ever try to defend the SCU in a biolab as an NC MAX? Spoiler alert: it doesn't work. The enemy is too far away with too much cover. Yeah, NC MAX can corner camp all day. So can any shotgun user. So can dual onslaught/mercy, but at greater ranges that allow them to use cover when they engage. The problem is balancing shotguns. If shotguns don't kill quickly up close, what's the point?

The solution to me would be to greatly increase all MAX small arms resistance and make explosives a more attractive option to the general masses. The best players have already figured out how to deal with MAX suits. Most of my hacksaw kills lately have been against low BR who don't know how to deal with me yet. They will adapt, or they will die.
  7. Ganelon

Charging towards the NC MAX sounds like a horrible idea.
  8. Soundmonitor

Sorry but on Waterson when DVS and the NC zerg moves on points especially on biolabs it takes them less time to cap an SCU with about 6+ max on the point. Nobody is taking that point no matter how many TR try... Now tell me what strat would you use vs a Zerg vs Zerg situation?

My point is that when NC is organized in numbers vs any other faction in CQC they will dominate if they decide to pull out squads of MAX's and it happens nightly on our server.

Check my post on these forums and I never ask for nerfs, I ask for a fix, keep the NC MAX the same damage, but give us a chance to counter the zerg rushes that NC can pull in CQC situations. Outdoors I find every faction is pretty much equal, Im just annoyed at defending with my outfit and the pubs and we cant do **** about it, and I hate ghost capping...
  9. RovingDeath

Oh, hacksaws are amazing at attacking the SCU. Holding it, however is a different story. How would you feel about buffing small arms resistance against MAX units? It would give AV MAX units a significant advantage and hacksaws wouldn't drop enemy MAX's before they can blink.
  10. RovingDeath

LOL generally yes it's a bad idea. But if they are charging at you it's a tactically sound option because you've basically traded places. This is assuming you start your charge when they are at about the 10 meter mark and haven't stopped/opened fire yet. It's not foolproof by any means but might give you a fighting chance.
  11. Soundmonitor

I s
    I say give the same TTK for CQC... IMO insta gib weapons was the biggest mistake, I've been using the Pump shottie since I bought it and mastered it, I feel bad when I kill multiple people coming in a gen room and Im taking them out in roughly 1-2 shots before they can react... I really feel like a NC MAX Mini-Me with my pump shottie... However its to late for any changes to shotties'...

What needs to be done is to equalize the TTK for 5M-10M, 10M-20M for ALL MAX's, like how they introduced the pump shottie to all factions. That would be the simplest solution...
  12. Morticai

There are several regions that actually lack walls, making them accessible to tanks and aircraft. Biolabs? Yes, those are indoors, as are tech labs and amp stations...though they're also varied in how enclosed they truly are. Biolabs provide a vertical route which makes C4 viable to the smart soldier. Amp stations have more open space for vehicle access (and coincidentally, bomardment to key strategic points like, oh, y'know...the capture point.) and Tech labs provide the capacity for turret overwatch. The only reason that these advantages are overlooked is because nobody wants to try it.

Anyway, it's not too much of an issue, as they're planning on releasing common-pool flamethrowers that provide a similar TTK, to provide factions with just that, a comparable CQC weapon.
    • Up x 1
  13. Molotov

If that is really going to be your continued flawed argument then the simple answer is to decrease damage and increase range for the dual wielding shotgun Maxes, however there are numerous things that could be done to help the current unbalance.

0-8m: A lot less effect then they currently are, a slight better time to kill then other maxes at their optimal range (NOT instakill everything)
    8-16m: Less effective then the other Maxes at this range, maybe 1 clip to kill infantry
    16-25m: Moderate damage but nothing overwhelming

There, still effective within their current range and better then the other Maxes but not OP. Don't be so naive.
  14. Rocket pods?

which is why all the hacksaw maxes hide in biolabs all day. but "oh dont get near us if you dont want to get shredded." kinda hard when you sit in biolabs all day and you are the only cut off faction specific territory in the map/
    • Up x 1
  15. Morticai

I love biolabs. They're like Cert pinatas when fighting with the NC. Spawn in, swoop over and chuck some C4 from the spacious areas above.
  16. Molotov

Couldn't help but notice this guy's sig with KD in it on the forum:

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428039961790407665/

An overall 9.29 KD, 48% of his time played as a Max and 468 SPM as Max.

A hacker barely pulls these number. This is balanced right? Give me a break...
  17. Badname82

Daily Nerf Max Thread?

Daily NC Max Troll Video then!

18. Molotov

Nope, this thread has been going on since Sunday and the evidence has been overwhelming since Beta.
  19. Silver Pepper

All the posts about, "OMG it's useless in ranged battles!"

Where do you ever see MAXes beyond CQB? Beyond biolabs and Vanu Archives? Right. Exactly.
  20. Tekuila

Who said anything about being easy to hit? It's no harder to do that with slugs at that distance than it is to hit it with mercies at that range.