Does anyone actually believe this MLG will work?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheWhiteDragon, Mar 18, 2013.

1. TheWhiteDragon

I'm not opposed to making games competitive, but I just don't see how their plans will work. I haven't seen one positive comment about this. Do proponents of the MLG plans actually exist? Speak now or forever hold your peace.
  2. JonnyBeanTown

Ha, no. Its hogwash.
  3. Skiptis

Based on the official Twitter feeds, I believe SOE's view on the issue is "Champagne? That works for me.".
  4. vaxx

Trying to make games e-sports is about as popular as the XFL was....well with more pudgy basement dwellers.
  5. AnotherNoob

No. Only way they could get it to work would be to make some battle field like map, where you have outfits with limited numbers fighting each other. But then you just have a poorly optimized poor mans version of battle field.
  6. RottenGroinArea

It's an idiotic idea, it's sole purpose is to try and wring more money out of a poorly coded game.

Remember, it's not about making a good game it's about making money.

Western society is collapsing under the insane greed that has been fostered over the last 5 or 6 decades.

Buckle up, it's only going to get worse.
    • Up x 2
  7. Owleyes

Hmmmmm..... Either PS2 will cement its horrible reputation as a BADLY made game or the MLG will spur SOE to make PS2 a Better game.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure I've seen a few threads asking for outfit vs. outfit fights. Now that IS a good idea, i just hope its not all day every day because PS2 would be even deader in the mmo maps.
    • Up x 1
  8. turtlestation

No. If you want competitive PC FPS action go play Quake or CS, which are games that have the mechanics that allow for it. Competitive team games have to have a balance between individual skill and teamwork. No matter how they do it, PS2 is unsuited for competitive play and any mode of it will have nothing to do with the game most of us play.
  9. Zarth

They should continue to promote the game. FPS games going into major league gaming is tough.

Good post.
  10. Saool

Of course it will work. Just like that ultimate empire showgirls thing worked... Oh wait.
    • Up x 1
  11. Zorro

It can if done correctly. It will be based on a platoon against another platoon.
  12. GhostAvatar

Maybe, once the game is out of beta in about 3 years.
  13. siiix

mark my words , this game is not , never will be , nor should ever be competitive :)

there for whats the point of a competition ?!

sure it could be something silly local plying around .... but something serious WHY ?! it makes no sense
  14. Disparu

The game isn't balanced enough or stable enough for it. Lag like the last weekend? Can't happen. Client side hit detection? Can't have that. NC maxes that overpower any other sides max? Nope.

To make this work, they would need SIGNIFICANTLY different people incharge of this game and you'd have to remove the obvious bias in certain areas.

As said above, people who want competitive balanced play already have their games, quake 3, counter strike, these were made when things like balance and hit detection were deemed top priority. You'll see this go off a freaking cliff, but unlike the sunderer it wont just pick itself up and drive off.
  15. Diodeone

If they want to do this then they should design mini-maps for set number of players (12-16) where two teams can battle against each other.
  16. Paperlamp

I'd be extremely surprised if PS2 was taken seriously as an e-sport game for more than a few months.