I'm Upset at the Daily Membership Cert Gain

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stellus, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Kastrenzo

You get 48 per 24 hours, after that you do not get anymore until you log in and reset it again. thus preventing someone from not playing the game yet getting 400 Certs when they log in.

find something more legitimate to complain about
  2. BalogDerStout

I have to ask, WHY is this a problem?
    • Up x 2
  3. skoorviel

These forums. The OP knows about them as evidenced by his whiny post. There are several threads about it. Does SOE need to document that officially? That's debatable, since the information is readily apparent if you play the game for a few days. The membership is presumably for people who have played the game and are aware of what "certs" and "xp" are. I used a Prius example in reply #140. Does Toyota _have_ to release the car's 0-60 time? If you go for a test drive, you can get a very good estimate of just how slow it is. Ignorance of an apparent characteristic of an item or service is a poor excuse. Always research your purchase.
  4. Chiss

It clearly stated i would get 48 Certs per day. If i do not log in every day, i do not get 48 Certs per day. Therefor it is false advertising. How you fail to see this is beyond me.

Not playing the game and getting 400 Certs when i log is EXACTLY what i paid $72 for...
    • Up x 1
  5. LowTechKiller

Of course supporting a game financially should (and does) give me an advantage. If it didn't, neither I nor anyone else would pay for it.
    My advantage by buying and using station cash is seen when I can instantly upgrade to (supposedly) better weapons without having to wait until I earn a thousand certs. Also by buying a membership, I earn XP (and Certs) at a higher rate than if I didn't. For this relatively low investment, I get a decent return and lots of hours of enjoyment.
    It may seem stupid to many who play this game because it's free, but think about it. I spend hours and hours per week in this game, and my 3 month membership cost me less than a single night at the movies. That's a heck of a bargain for my hard-earned entertainment dollars.

By the way, if no one paid there would be no free-to-play for the rest...Sony is about as far from a non-profit company as exists anywhere.
  6. Chiss

You are wrong.

This analogy makes more sense;

You buy a car... But unless you go back to the car dealership every day and pat a dog on the head, your car wont work.
  7. Kastrenzo

It's not false advertising at all,

You clearly did not understand the workings of Passive Cert points.

Passive cert gain has always been the way it is, you accumulate a certain amount every hour, and it caps after 24 hours, therefore preventing people from abusing it, like you are asking for.

If you can't be bothered to log on to your character for FIVE SECONDS each day, then I doubt you're going to find any sympathy for your lazy ****
  8. KingSnuggler

Um.. I work a full time job and go to school full time as well, but it only takes less than 2 mins a day to log in on your toons to get your cert bucket for being a member ... don't have the time pfft.....sounds like your too lazy to log in a few minutes a day to claim your certs....or you have lousy time management skills.
    • Up x 1
  9. Chiss

It's not about being lazy, its about them advertising something, then not delivering it.

They cannot leave out critical information like that. That information is not anywhere to be found on the website.

https://www.planetside2.com/shop?buy=membership

There is heaps of footnotes at the bottom, and none of them specify i have to log in each day.

Please leave this thread, it has nothing to do with you. This is not a debate.
    • Up x 1
  10. Aliasse

This guy probably hasn't purchased a 6month membership.

Loyal players who pay the company to run the game and keep it alive should get a edge on the Cert/Resource grind.
    That being said... Passive Cert Gain Should Happen Constantly even when in the game and there should NOT be a "Per day" Cap.
    • Up x 1
  11. skoorviel

A few points:

1. The term "passive" simply means without effort. Logging in is not required to gain the certs. Logging in is required to reset the gain cap. "Passive" does not specify whether there's a limit or not. It's an important distinction. Just because you assume something, doesn't mean it's reality.

2. I find membership to be extremely useful, and I'm very happy with the cert rate increase. I have guaranteed 48 certs every day in addition to whatever I gain through gameplay. Keep in mind that logging in does not stop your passive cert gain. Let's assume you play for 24 hours straight -- you'll still gain your 48 passive certs while ingame, and then an extra 48 certs in the next 24hrs if you don't log in. Since I play regularly, this is a welcome boost.
    • Up x 1
  12. DemoEvolved

TBH I agree. If you pay cash for cert gain, those certs should accumulate whether you log on or not.
    If you dont pay, then waddevah.

PS. I don't pay.
    • Up x 1
  13. Kastrenzo

it's your responsibility to know how the game works, not theirs. They can give you tutorials and pointers, but that only goes so far.
    And I can post where I like, you are screeching, demanding unreasonable things for something you didn't even understand the full concept of.

again, this is little more than you being too lazy to log on to claim your accumulated certs, and I have no sympathy for you, and I doubt many others do either.

Despite the game still being unstable, THIS IS NOT BETA ANYMORE. you do not get 10000 Certs because the game was laggy for an hour, nor does everything cost 1C, Nor will the developers spoonfeed you. Get over it.
  14. Chiss

You're really missing the point.

It's this simple... try to follow....

1.) Membership advertises that it gives you 48 Certs per day
    2.) It does not give you 48 Certs per day, unless you log in

It is false advertising to have hidden requirements.
    • Up x 2
  15. Chiss

Why should i have to know anything about the game? That is poppycock.
    A nice example of this, is when you buy a computer game, it always say "AN INTERNET CONNECTION IS REQUIRED FOR ONLINE PLAY". It it THEIR responsibility to make things clear to the consumer.

I am buying something, and i read all of the information on the page.

They failed to mention the requirement to log in once per day. Hence it is false advertising.

They are now legally obligated to give me what i purchased, or give me a refund... and they will do one of the two.
    • Up x 1
  16. skoorviel

Nope, your example only works if passive cert gain was exclusive to subscribers. Next.
    • Up x 1
  17. RottenGroinArea

SOE is using all sorts of disgusting tactics to try and make this game look successful on paper.
    This is just another way they can generate a false metric based on the number of log ins.

Same story with the credit card number retention, they have no business telling you that you have
    to leave your CC number on file after you have paid for a subscription, but doing so allows them to
    generate numbers they can throw at whomever holds the purse strings.

But hey, look on the bright side, they will introduce 15,000 new weapons in the next six months for
    $7.00 each (and they will only be tiny variants on the nerfed originals), but TOTALLY worth it...

The word "slimey" comes to mind...
  18. Kastrenzo

Good luck on that refund.

Might I suggest a chargeback, SOE will gladly give back your money with a CC chargeback.
  19. Chiss

You are clearly very young and have very little understanding of the laws retailers must abide by.
    Please, you've made your (uninformed) opinion heard, now leave. Why are you even posting here? What do you have to gain?
    • Up x 1
  20. StrikerKOJ

Yes, it SHOULD be documented, as to avoid exactly this type of thread.

At the very least, forget about it just not feeling right by the customer, at the very least the operation of the feature should be documented so the company does not have to expend any additional man hours fielding these kind of issues. They can simply refer to their document and say "Please read this."

Your car analogy is weak (as was my mailbox analogy). A manufacturer should ABSOLUTELY document the specifications of a motor-vehicle, to avoid claims and litigation! Forget the customer, it's all about CYA.

Again, I cannot understand for the life of me why people are arguing in defense of SOE. The man WANTS to give the company money, because they advertised a service. The advertisement is unclear, and as of yet, there has been no reference to a document that explains why the OP is unreasonable in his request for a refund, or at the very least a request for clarification of the advertisement such that he may make an informed decision.

You (general you) keep saying "It's obvious if you played the game, that is how it works..." Why is that obvious?Where would that be obvious, if somebody didn't point it out for you, or if you didn't hear it in passing. If somebody normally logged into the game every less-than 24 hour period, how would that person have ANY way of knowing that the passive certifications are capped after 24 hours expire? Why would that person assume that the passive certs would cap?

Yes, a minor point to argue, but an important one. Documentation is critical, especially when real money is involved.
    • Up x 1