Double XP weekend next week?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MilitiaMan, Mar 17, 2013.

1. MilitiaMan

Since most of this weekend has been plagued by insane amounts of lag and more so today, I just logged off because the lagtime is up to about 2 seconds in delay which is just horrible.

Would it be possible that once this is fixed we could get Double XP again so we can play it to its fullest without a 2 second delay....

Not trying to make this out to be a tear thread or "L2Progam", that isn't what this is for.

I just feel like the PS2 community and myself have not been able to enjoy the game this weekend to the fullest.

Also, I am not sure if it was just Connery that this happened to. But I know it was lagging on Amerish and Esamir, not as bad as Indar but still pretty bad.
  2. RottenGroinArea

LOL, fat chance...
  3. n0pax

Not happening. The lag was on all the US servers and Briggs, not sure about EU. Anytime a continent rose above a certain population number (which was far from capacity) the lag began.
  4. Brusilov [TR]

Double-Lag Weekend ;p
    • Up x 1
  5. ent|ty

Yes, I observed some lag when fighting off the hordes of the organized NC. It was about 500ms in my favour at times, and others against me.. LIke I'd shoot someone, and their death would be delayed, and they'd shoot me more after and I died.

Or even longer at times, so that it appeared as though I was causing no damage, and i had to reconnect to the server to refresh it and get rid of the 'no damage bug'.

Then strange things like wasting rocket rounds at a Sunderer that wasn't there, or shooting an entire clip at an enemy beacon while taking fire from the enemy, and it still remaining there 30 mins after I'm sure it would have been found and destroyed by someone.

Clear lag issues.

The fights on Esamir are nowhere as big as on Indar, might be 3-5 of us VS vs 16 or more NC, and the hex would start to lag....
  6. Nocturnal7x

Honestly I don't think the servers can handle the load from double xp. Med kits often dont work, healing/repairingoften doesn't work, just laggy **** everywhere. They need to get some servers that can handle the game, or fix their ****** code.
    • Up x 1
  7. Tasogie

Yer I was in a dogfight over Crown, an when I inverted an went to shoot through the Canyon, I literally Afterburnered into the ground while I was "apparently" pointed in right direction. my FPS was down to 4.....