Just committed the sweetest TK...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scatterblak, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Lakora

Best TK I've witnessed was by an SCU with around 6-10 people trying to hack it... Than they started TK'ing eachother until it all ended with someone dropping a grenade or C4 killing all of them. :D

No wasn't me, if I see a lot of people trying to hack a gen or SCU I just leave since I've been TK'd enough times trying to hack it...
  2. MartianDiscoFish

The best TK I committed was at Zurvan amp station whilst everyone was on the point waiting for the base to flip, I accidently shot someone in the back, he turned around and thought it was the guy next to me, he TK'ed him and was immediately TK'ed by someone else until eventually all 20 guys on the point started TKing eachother with grenades and rocket launchers.
  3. HadesR

This one time at band camp ...... .... .....
  4. The Milk Man

He deserves it. Good job.
  5. drNovikov

1. Always shoot idiots who kill terminals in enemy bases. They are traitors and work for the enemy.
    2. Always destroy hacked terminals in your own base, unless there is a friendly infiltrator already hacking it back.
  6. Chinchy

They changed that right before release... That is if you own the base.
  7. Trebb

This one guy TKd me, and I know it was on purpose because it took like 7-8 shots over 10 seconds.

So I followed up, watched him spawn a sunderer and waited for him to deploy it. 2 tank mines and a few rounds to set them off later, and he's out a sundy spawn.

I asked in /yell if that was an acceptable retaliation. The other team answered and encouraged me that no, I needed to destroy all the sunderers! I think they were biased though...
  8. o0Eeyore0o

Playing an AA MAX, a guy spawns a Reaver at the tower, then proceeds to buzz the air pad multiple times, right over my head. On the 4th pass he outright lands on me for the TK. Deploy screen shows our squad beacon up so I land on his Reaver in a drop pod.
  9. Techup

I managed to TK with an annihilator before.

Was locked on to a scythe and right as I shot, teammate ran in front of me.

Best part is, that was with my 30 minute trial.
  10. Vertabrae

We have a certain player (not going to name him or his faction) who is constantly whining in chat. Everyone else is OP, his faction is UP, any kill he gets is do to his uber skill, anyone who kills him is a scrub or hacking...You know the type.

So I'm in a fight, and he's bragging about being an "extreme menace". Worth a ton of points, nobody can kill him (he's camped in a spawn room). He keeps telling people to kill him. So I turned around and emptied my smg into him. Oh the rage. The pure hatred, and the pure joy I got. Along with a huge number of /tells from people who were laughing their *** off.
  11. sosolidshoe

Because some of us are playing the game to do more than just increase an arbitrary number? Hacking the turrets denies them to the enemy with just as much effect as destroying them, except if you hack them you can also use them against the enemy. In addition, in a heavily contested base you might be under attack almost immediately after you finish the cap, and waiting for an Engineer to show up to repair the AA/AV turrets(which they often don't bother to) could be the difference between your force being able to push out and cap the satellites under cover fire, or them planting three Sunderers inside the walls and humping you before you can even get the gens back up.

If you want to do counter-intuitive nonsense because you can only see the game in terms of getting XP, well, it's your experience to cheapen, so have at it. But don't be surprised if people who're playing for the experience of playing, for the challenge, decide your head would make a lovely hood ornament for their vehicles when you derp about blowing up stuff that could be useful to your team.
    • Up x 1
  12. Lancener

I was killed by a friendly infiltrator because I got to the terminal before he did and put c4 on it, I felt like using explosives... respawned (before the patch to despawn c4 after death) hit the button and yay, vengeance.

My best TK was with an infiltrator, lined up a shot, friendly ran in front of me and got shot in the ankle, moral is watch where you run.

I feel like the factions need to organize a giant, all-air fight... with galaxies, I keep going really off topic today but that would be such a fun fight.
  13. JokeForgrim

The only thing i read that was nonsense was your poor justification for wasting 10 minutes of a capture running around capping turrets that would flip faster if you were on a point.

I was talking about empty bases. Also on low population continents. i.e. Dumb players.

I understand that in highly contested areas, denying turrets is great tactically. Where there are enough people to man them.

When its Amerish at 4am and you have 3 people capping an empty facility, with little to no resistance why then?

Why hack them all? like I said hack 2 or 3, what you can use if you need to use them. All 20 something turrets at an Amp station is overkill.

and if you actually read my post, I said why do these idiots only come out of the woodwork on double xp? Thats why i was suggesting a more productive way of getting points for them.

I guess some people need to justify being camped on a hill 10 miles from the action the majority of the time however they can, then again if they want to do this counter-intuitive nonsense because they can only see the game in terms of KDR, well, it's their experience to cheapen, so have at it.
  14. sosolidshoe

Wait....if they're camped on the hill, how are they in a base hacking turrets again?

Also, if you're talking about something, like for example "empty bases", it helps to..you know..mention that thing in your post. Which you didn't. Otherwise, people might take your statements for blanket idiocy and reply appropriately.

And finally...you advocate blowing the turrets up, rather than hacking them; how is that quicker again?
  15. SinMach1ne

I always TK greedy Sunday drivers.
    Scenario:
    Zerg or minizerg moving between hexes, im usually in a lead with my racer 3 sundy, here I am driving in between buildings of a base we about to start capping, im trying to pick best spot to hide my sundy, almost there try to deploy and it says I can't. I look at the minimap ******* on a sundy prematurely deploys his in a middle of a road in open hundreds of meters away from cap point just to get XP. I dont let these people live
  16. JokeForgrim

Dunno guess they got counter sniped and couldn't get back to the hill.

Ok, fair enough. Next time I will write you a 180 page thesis so you don't get lost trying to read between the lines... or even easier, you could avoid the need to justify your time wasting and just take it as another mindless post. Infiltrators have the lowest health of every soldier, why would you take one on the front line in an important capture? Wait never mind, I don't really care I would prefer to farm you.

Where did I say it was quicker? It still denies them use. I was talking about the idiots point farming when they could do it more effectively.
  17. Scatterblak

I'm absolutely with you on this; my issue was that A) I was already hacking the term, and the clown started in while I was right there at the term, and (more importantly) B) the base was a lonnnnggg time from capping. I'm down with it being silly for inf's the flip everything within 500 meters (particularly since we don't get xp's after flipping a few of the same types of things) - what annoys me is a blanket disregard of tactical considerations for my squad/side demonstrated by (for instance) killing a resupply term on the edge of a territory. Consider the one at Crossroads on Indar; the term in the northeast building is a critical resource. It's difficult to bring a sundy up the hill without it getting killed and even if it does make it up the hill, it won't be around for long - that term is the only place behind the lines where the attacking team can reliably resupply. It's also a tactical good time, because there are only two ways to get to it, and both teams are forever flipping it and laying prox mines, tanks out front, etc. Once it's dead for a few xp's, you can be sure that it's going to stay that way until xroad flips, because the enemy sure isn't going to pop out and repair it (I've even seen the enemy destroy it on purpose, which is probably a good idea if the attacking force is significant).
    • Up x 2
  18. JokeForgrim

Oh that was you at crossroads... Thanks :D

Same as amp stations, that terminal on the outside in the little room is so helpful if flipped leading to a more successful attack.
    • Up x 1