Revert back to game update 3?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by skrad, Mar 17, 2013.

1. skrad

The game is not playable since the update, so fix the fps please or just revert it back to GU3 so we can play again.
    • Up x 2
  2. TeeBagit

"Sorry, due to our strict policy of "Failing Forward" we cannot revert the game back to a playable state"
  3. ENGTX

i starting to think if this game is over . after the special ofer . and after the server merge because of low players . and the game isnt stil finished . AND in most server only in weekends you can really play and have fun , all balanced factions .
    so do you think it is over ? game got bored ?
  4. SgtBlank

No I don't think it's over. There are a ton of moving parts in each new release. Fixes, additions, adjustments. Rolling back is deemed a failure so we'll definitely just see a new patch. The pace of updates has been fast and furious. The scale of this game is truly unprecedented and we'll have hiccups for sure. I for one am willing to wait and continue to participate as a paying member because I like the progress I've seen.

I would however suggest that they separate the releases into categories - bug fixes/hot patches, new features, and game mechanic adjustments. Any time we get these big updates we get 2 months of patches and bug fixes. I hope they move to a smaller build model so this type of thing can be better controlled.

Anyway - for now I am all in!
    • Up x 1
  5. skrad

I don't think its boring, atleast not for me, but its physically not possible to play right now, for many people i belive. Thats why it might look the game underpopulated. I play on Miler, and before GU4 i was able to find good fights even at night.
  6. TeeBagit

I wouldn't say it's over. But many people are tapped out on patience with SOE at this point. Especially those of us that have paid into this circus.
  7. shd

Or, how about (you better sit down for this one), they test the update first with their community and make sure they wont brake it for 80% of the gaming population. How about that :)
  8. haldolium

Should rather concentrate on only fixes for the near future. Adding more features while not fixing bugs and just add more seems cynical.
  9. Highway_Star

I don't want to lose minimap zoom, I'm too addicted to it.
  10. SquareOFortune

100% agree.

"Unprecedented" is the perfect word for the kind of game SOE is trying to build with PS2, and I've been sold on the possibilities. So much so that I've pledged a year's sub and sunk a good amount of SC to support it.

Also bear in mind how communicative and active SOE staff has many times been in talking about and fixing issues/features, when some games (*COUGH*BF3*COUGH*) have sometimes taken MONTHS to resolve developmental problems. It's a far cry from the general mindset of some companies like EA.

EDIT: For all my "words of encouragement," I just wanted to point out that I'm also having major, game-breaking frame-rate and network lag issues since the update, so I'm not brushing those problems aside by any means. Didn't want someone looking at my PC specs in my sig and thinking, "Well of COURSE that dude's happy with the game... probably has no issues." Wrong. I'm suffering these problems just like most everyone else. =\