talked on phone, SOE doesn't admit to problem

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by deezell, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deezell

I talked to a SOE customer support rep or whatever, and according to what he has been programmed to say .....
    Only some people have bugs, fps loss, glitches, ect. So I asked if the people having these issues where a minority and he said YES! ////???? what??? And ive even read that here in these forums that only some people have this issue.. So that tells me that they are not seriously treating this like a big deal on a big scale. Everyone I know has this issue, and i'm a member of a huge outfit! Soe needs to admit there problem to the masses and get off their butts and do something about it. Ive also heard that only some systems are haveing issues, this is crap...is my brand new i5 3570k overclocked 4.4 with, ssd, gtx 670, 16g ram cant run this right , then there is a problem. This game is the only thing I have downloaded on this pc. This game has turned mediocre at best but could be great if soe would have a performance update instead of a new content update!!!!!! BEFORE I SPEND ANYMORE MONEY THIS GAME WILL HAVE TO HAVE A MAJOR FPS IMPROVEMENT.
  2. TSR AlexS Customer Service

If you've submitted a ticket, our support team will continue to assist you in maximizing performance on your computer. I'd recommend the members of your outfit do the same. Each system is unique which is why we will need to gather each and every bit of data.
  3. PLZAXBB

YOU
    HAVE
    GOT
    TO
    BE
    FREAKING
    KIDDING
    ME
    Maybe... try to lower your display resolution? hmh?
    • Up x 2
  4. deezell

So I should change my 1080 with the computer specs I have? Sounds like soe should change something. Besides running everything on low is just the same as high or worse, unacceptable .
    • Up x 2
  5. Mastachief

Can tell you now we have 20 guys all with the same issues.... typical robot CS response.
  6. Hatamoto

But everyone is having performance issues atm?
  7. Watz

Hehe. Theres always something you can upgrade. Maybe triple SLI ? You did not seriously believe that you would get any official admitment on the current mess. Its like in TV. Call the gaming press upon them and suddenly something moves.....

PS2 seems to be extremely inefficient considering CPU usage, and the patch made it considerably worse. Its impossible the devs haven't noticed that (they prolly have CPUs at stock clock, so worse than yours). Except of course they test their stuff on about empty servers. Seems to me that their biggest problem is an apropriate test server that simuates highly populates servers.

When developing complex software like this, the first thing you need is aproriate test concepts/tools/environments. Those are obviously missing yet.
  8. Fremen

Maybe we should all play the game in 320 x 200, 4 colors ?

;-)
  9. ShdwKnght

baw they are just programmed to be politically clean as far as support goes and never look like their product is broken.

they very well know they dont need each and everyone of us' data to pinpoint the issue. The problem is how to optimize the new code/features they put in to gain the stability of pre-patch and they're coders just cant do it in a timely fashion it seems.

Theres no way they are going to make me believe my 200+ people outfit is all having the issueS but its individual cases..
    • Up x 1
  10. Watz

The fun thing is: That wouldn't help FPS at all.

Even if you're in the menu or looking down to the floor so the GPU has about nothing to render at all FPS is horribly limited by the CPU. I' sure the devs know the fact, just have no idea how pinpoint the issue yet. You would need a highly populated test server for that.

Instead we get hotfixes for the funny "twisted arms bug" yesterday, which i personally found extremely amusing :)
  11. Blue4tw

try to turn it off and on
    • Up x 2
  12. PLZAXBB

Yeah... For a while there, it seemed like PS2 turned into some kind of Wild West simulation with native americans charging over the hills with their tomahawks overhead going like: ROAAAAAAAAR!!!!!!

Amusing as it was, it still shines a bit of light on their "testing process" (if any) ....
  13. Lucius Trio

Honestly, it is pretty obvious that the issue is quite wide spread for many people with perfectly good rigs and fairly standard processors/setups even.

The game has been out for many months now. Something really needs to be done.
    • Up x 1
  14. 0juggler0

Since the last update im even getting wierd crashes yesterday blue screen and computer restarted just now planetside 2 stopped working i have never had this before the last update also today for alot of people in my outfit including myself the game was very laggy fps was okish but shots not being fired guys getting killed when it looked like i missed and so on it looks like **** is going downhill
  15. kazumi

Your support team is a joke. Don't even try to sound like your team can assist people in getting better FPS. You CAN"T. My sig rig is running single digits. I've tried everything from ultra low, to ultra ultra. And everything in between. I've prob got around 70 Useroption.ini files in a folder from my many attempts of optimization. I keep my old attempts so I can pull them up for comparison if needed.

And honestly, after spending no less than 5 hours attempting to squeeze a few more FPS out, I gave up. Your customer service team rely on searching a database, pulling up a related issue, and going over a predetermined list of options. They honestly have no friggin idea WHAT they are asking players to do, they are just checking a block, and calling it "support"

Your game is currently jacked, admit it, accept it, and correct it.
    • Up x 4
  16. supernauttt

I already do....
  17. supernauttt

maybe u guys should consider the unreal engine from UT2004 as an upgrade to whatever the hell u guys made lol it ran tons of people with almost the same graphics as PS2 flawlessly 10 years ago....haha
  18. LibertyRevolution

It wasn't so bad...
    [IMG]

This was top the line back then.. it was like OMG it is in first person!
    • Up x 2
  19. TintaBux

Please tell me how 500 + active members in outfit I am 90% of them have lost allot of FPS and performance since GU4, with the hot fix not doing much to improve things.

The majority have lost major performance since GU4 and this needs to be a high priority to fix it, it needs to be taken seriously, can't just release a hot fix which did not improve things much and a hot fix that did not put performance to how it was before GU4, there needs to be another hot fix and fast.

To me it seems SOE are happy with the hot fix and there is now no rush to fix the performance of the game, which sadly will play a major down fall in the future of PS2. This is ruining the game play for most PS2 players.
  20. Bardock-Sama

When multiple people with i5/i7 and GTX600-series setups begin complaining about being constantly CPU bound and having embarrassingly low FPS, I can't see how there's any doubt about whether something is disturbingly wrong with the game in its current state or not.
    I've thrown a lot of money at SOE from PS2 alone, and people are lining up to do the same if only we could play the game properly on the PCs we've spent thousands of dollars/euros/Smed bucks on.

Never ever have I had my faith in a developer utterly torn apart and slightly rebuilt so many times in such a short period. Amazing stuff needs to happen... soon(tm)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.