bullets and explosive hitting but no damage

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by FreezeX, Mar 16, 2013.

1. FreezeX

has anyone been experiencing this as well. it looks like every 15- 30 min after is start playing my bullets hits but doesnt do damage i can shoot my team mates and enemies and they're not getting any damage also when this happen when i throw a grenade it doesnt blow up. its not lag i can see people moving perfectly normal my connections pretty decent and this never happened before only recently after 1 or 2 patches to the game i think

does anyone know how to fix this

and also i play in briggs
  2. AtotehZ

This is just guessing, but is your upload speed really low? If it is that might be the problem. If someone is standing still and you shoot them, they should take damage after a while.

It doesn't have to be on your end either, it could also be a server issue.

To break down what happens:
    • Your computer downloads a package with the position of all units around you, including the target(this happens all the time)
    • You shoot at the target
    • Your computer sends a package with information to the server about you shooting and where
    • The server receives that package.
    If this doesn't happen fast enough, or if the process gets screwed up, your target may have moved in the meantime.
  3. FreezeX

no thats impossible cause my internet in the place where i used to play is terrible but i never lagged or anything and the internet im now in is just 4 times better
  4. Jakob

Its a bug, just happened to me too. Its simply because... youre dead. You missed the 'You were killed' message in the chat window. To me it happened after i visited VR. This game is getting atrocious.
  5. ShdwKnght

This is called the no-damage bug. Its been there for as long as ps2 exists according to outfit members. There is absolutely nothing you can do about it other than restart the game. I play 12-15 hours a day and i get this bug on average 3-5 times a day. Lately i get it alot less because the game keeps crashing on its own when redeploying anyway.... restarting the game often usually prevents getting this bug..