"This is a game about teamwork. Solo rambo players can't accomblish much"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Baleur, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Brickwalker

LOL ^

who actually sits around and guards a Sundy?

I can see the owner of the actual sundy guarding it,but just about everyone else is not going to give a flying **** about the thing.They want to fight,not baby sit.

About the C4 thing,Ive always thought C4 was ********.Makes it wayyy too easy to end a threat.
  2. HadesR

After Higby's Tweet last week hopefully AT mines will be getting tweaked to be more realistic , and not the Explosive Frisbee's they are now
  3. LibertyRevolution

Dual Rambo's is better, spawn beacon.
    Your squads sunderers are dead, thanks for the XP.. onto the next base.
    My AA max with 1 Eng and a spawn beacon outside your warpgate killing the incoming planes returning for repairs.
    Rambo's, we can make your life miserable.
  4. Being@RT

Speaking of solutions..

Teamwork. Scout Radar on the Flash. park next to sundy, it warns of incoming enemies. Drive Flash ahead of sundy and it will detonate mines.

As for defense squads: a pair of burster maxes and an engineer+medic can protect from air and infantry threats pretty well.
  5. VanuSovereignty

• NOT LIKE THE DEVS STATED THEY WERE FIXING MINES OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT
    • Flak armor means you don't die when a light assault C4's a sundy. Nanoweave became obsolete long ago.
  6. mindbomb

if an engie places mines and the driver is present, you actually have enough time to undeploy and drive away before they explode. The mines take a while to set, and won't explode on moving vehicles until they are set.

People rely on sundies for respawning far too much. Medics are a thing you know.
    • Up x 1
  7. sosolidshoe

Spoiler: it actually is, the problem is certain outfits are more appropriately termed "zergfits" and amount to a small group of actual team players trying to herd a swarm of cats by directing a huge mass of players who play exactly the same way in an outfit as they did when they just hit "Instant Action" and followed the human wave around.

Not to worry though, SOE seem determined to cater to such groups, since they've already decided to nerf mines, and have upped the XP gain for other vehicles to make Sunderers less of a target, so pretty soon all the precious little flowers like the OP can park their Sunderer in the worst spots they can find, safe in the knowledge that if they're unwilling to defend one of the most important battlefield assets they have access to, SOE will do it for them.
    • Up x 1
  8. LameFox

So it's a game about teamwork where swarming beats teamwork?
  9. Weylin

I know that C4 are expensive, but here's the thing:
    You can stock up on C4
    You can't stock up on sunderers
    :p
  10. ParakeetLord88

Seeing as how C4 despawns when the user respawns (and can't trigger it when dead) here's some suggestions:

a. Do not park your sunderer against a wall. Park it in a place where you have full 360 degree visibility and not near a major road. If you can, park behind a tree, but not if it stops you from seeing what is behind it.
    b. Make sure you are actively manning and defending your sunderer. Look UP frequently. Having a Walker as one of your guns will help with incoming ESFs and might even help with flying LAs.
    c. If you see a solo enemy infantry headed your way, shoot it. This may be easier if you replace one of your sunderer guns with a Kobalt, Bulldog or (my favorite) Fury.
    d. Because you will see and will kill enemy C4 and mine users, you don't need mineguard, so you can use Vehicle Stealth instead. This will make you harder to find.
    e. If you see an enemy force headed your way that you think you can't handle, switch to the driver's seat and drive away. This will be much easier if you have Racer chassis. If you're using a Fury, and it's a solo lightning attacking, destroy it instead.
    f. Once a target is killed by you, or you are otherwise spotted, MOVE YOUR SUNDERER! Redeploy elsewhere.

Tank mines are supposed to be not usable on stationary targets at some point so that may help you, but honestly if you follow the above plan it shouldn't make much of a difference for you.

p.s. to any non-TR reading this, don't say I never do anything nice for you.
  11. FinnSimmons

So you are angry that someone blew up your undefended Sundy. I am really sorry but thats your fault. Not the Mine's/C4's fault that it can do what it does. Especially since you got to run up close and get your *** in danger to mine that Sundy. Defending it is usually pretty safe. But there lays the rub right. You and your friends are to greedy for those XP and won't stand guard over that oh so precious Sundy.
    Your fault again for being greedy. SOEs fault for encourage kill farming. Again not the Mine's/C4's fault.
    Deal with it.
    And get Mine Guard FFS! Its not rocket science.
  12. Kurohagane

Oh dear, a huge-scale battle got shut down by a player that decided to instagib the sundy.

See where i'm going?
  13. Rhinzual

I thought it was like 180 certs for full Mineguard?
  14. ParakeetLord88

a. Shoot the person trying to drop the C4 before they get to the Sunderer. Very possible, even with the Basilisk.

b. Like everything else in the game, you don't try to fight a superior force by yourself. You either get help defending (which ALL sunderers should have, forward ops being the possible sole exception) or you run the heck away. That being said, a Sunderer with a Fury and Walker with Blockade armor should be able to kick a single ESF or Lightning or a pair of Flashes into next week, not to mention at least 3 or 4 infantry coming at you in a group.

c. If you can't find at least 2 or 3 people to help you defend a sunderer, join an outfit or at least make some friends. That will help.

d. No. Sundys HP is just fine, and they're not better tanks than tanks. They can fight, but they can't defeat a MBT (unless it has antipersonnel rounds) and Lightnings are designed to be skirmishers and are quite a bit faster and more maneuverable than a sunderer is.
  15. Being@RT

Even the first 30 certs is enough to foil 95% of the mine attacks.

It has by far the best cost/efficiency ratio of any defense in game whether it cost 180 or 300 certs to max.

The benefit of keeping a sundy alive but 20-30m further away far outweighs the ease of its destruction at closer ranges. In a succesful operation, the sundy is a transport and backup spawn while medics deal with most of the frontline revives. Spawn at the sundy when medics die or when the front is too hot for medics to get to you (or for you to live when they do revive).

Oh, and bring more than one sundy, even if you have to park one 200m away from the base.
  16. Robes

30-50-100-150 i think, not on right now to check.

edit, although the first 2 is enough to keep the solos away.
  17. Clonecenter-resident

one other point, small unit actions.

3-6 friends decide to go attack a lightly defended base. they can either all attack the objectives or all defend the sundy. they cant do both at the same time effectively. even if there is just one defender he has 5 minutes to try over and over to sneak out there and blow the sundy.
  18. Jaquio

Why is it such a terrible thing for one solo Rambo LA to blow up your solo sunderer?

Oh wait, you're using "teamwork"? Then why doesn't your "team" have more than one sunderer? Why doesn't your "team" place AP mines in avenues engineers might run to keep them from mining your vehicle? Why doesn't your "team" keep someone at the sundy in the guns to prevent solo LA's?

Your solo sunderer is just as selfish and worthwhile as the solo LA is. Just because your solo vehicles is pooping out a bunch of solo infantry en route to mindlessly zerging some outpost doesn't mean you're working as a team.
  19. Jaquio

A huge scale battle where one side has only one sunderer?

Sounds like one person's extra effort derailed an irresponsibly poor plan of attack.
  20. CHDT65

And you lose "stealth" slot, which is very important in a MBT, especially for getting to the combat zone unoticed from ESF's.